Troops and FP kits as rewards for Incidents

Discussion in 'Proposals' started by Ravia the Kind, Feb 13, 2019.

1. Ravia the Kind

Ravia the Kind Member

Proposal
    Offer Troops and FP kits as rewards for Incidents, just like how they were rewards in the Treasure Hunt

Current System (if applicable)
    Incidents: adding current era troops and forge point packages as random reward to certain incidents.

Details
    One of the best features of the Treasure Hunt was that you could receive current era troops and forge point packages as rewards for the x time quest. I propose offering these as random rewards for some incidents, like the rare ones that pop up (rhino on board for example).

Abuse Prevention
    I can't think of any abuse at this time.

Visual Aids
    I don't have any at this time.

Conclusion
    I feel it will bring back some of the Treasure Hunt feel that many PC players miss, and will make finding incidents that much more exciting.

2. MCH1

MCH1 Active Member

What was the treasure hunt?

DreadfulCadillac and Salsuero like this.
  3. Ravia the Kind

Ravia the Kind Member

It was a daily quest? chain only available on PC. You opened the chest every x amount of time and got a reward. If you didn't complete the chain, or missed the time frame to open, you started over. It was pretty cool, but they replaced it with the incidents.

https://forgeofempires.fandom.com/wiki/Treasure_Hunt

MCH1 likes this.
  4. Algona

Algona Well-Known Member

Not voting at this time.

This Proposal asks INNO to give players something more without the players giving anything back. that doesn't seem reasonable.

5. Super Catanian

Super Catanian Active Member

This is easily abusable.
    The reason that the Treasure Hunt offered much greater rewards was because you had to continuously log back in within a certain timeframe to claim the rewards or else you started over.

Incidents occur in random times and you don't have to log in every so often to get their rewards (which can be Diamonds).
    Thus there was a rebalance in those rewards. Now you don't have to log in so often as you used to, and thus the rewards were decreased in value as well.

Clara Osgood likes this.
  6. RazorbackPirate

RazorbackPirate Well-Known Member

In addition, DC replaced Treasure Hunt, which does give units and FPs as does GE 1-3. Not seeing the need except for, as @Algona says, wanting more something for nothing.

I also will abstain from voting at this time.

Clara Osgood and Salsuero like this.
  7. Super Catanian

Me too. Until there is some greater abuse prevention, I am indifferent.
    Plus, relics in the GE also give units sometimes.

8. Agent327

Agent327 Well-Known Member

You already get fp's with incidents. No way you will get packages. Inno has very clearly chosen for fp's to go to your bar.

That leaves units. Those are very easy to obtain through GE, Relics and DC. There is absolutely no reason for yet another optio, so

Please enlighten us how you can abuse this. Not just abuse it, but even easily abuse it.

Looking forward to the answer.

9. Super Catanian

This feature itself is abuse. I already mentioned it in a previous post. Getting good rewards for literally zero effort (compared to the Treasure hunt, which required some effort) is abuse itself.

10. Godly Luke

Godly Luke Member

11. Agent327

That's the weirdest reasoning ever. If the feature itself is abuse than changing it does not really matter, cause Inno is allowing abuse in this case.

BTW, you do not get rewards for literally zero effort. With zero effort incidents disappear. Incidents cost more time than the Treassure Hunt ever did.

12. Super Catanian

The Treasure Hunt required you to log in continuously within certain time intervals or else you would have to start all over. This is why they offered large rewards.
    Incidents don't require continuous logging in to claim their rewards. Thus, they are small compared to what the TH offered. This person is proposing having those large rewards being in the incidents, but without changing the effort required to obtain them. That is what I meant by abuse. It is overpowered and thus not in balance.

Graviton likes this.
  13. Stephen Longshanks

Stephen Longshanks Forum Moderator

I'm a no on this. We already get FPs through Incidents, and Inno isn't going to change any of that to packs as has already been mentioned. And I don't miss Treasure Hunt as it was when they got rid of it. They had nerfed the rewards to the point that I didn't bother with it for the last year or so it was around. We have plenty of opportunities for unattached troops between DCs and GE.

14. B1ackWo1f

B1ackWo1f Member

For reasons already stated.

15. Salsuero

Salsuero Well-Known Member

I miss the Treasure Hunt. I still vote no.

16. Agent327

Large???? Ever did them????

You still need to look for them and pick them up. That is supposed to mean no effort?

No she isn't. All she wants is the chance to win a unit and an fp pack, which is never going to happen. How can that be large?

It isn't overpowered. It is perfectly in balance.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2019
  17. qaccy

qaccy Well-Known Member

@Agent327 The Treasure Hunt actually did offer a chance at fairly substantial goods rewards. They're what stood out the most to me personally. Everything else was anywhere from bad to average.

As for this proposal...eh. We already get FP from incidents. However, I don't see why units should be completely off the table. Because we can get unattached units from other areas? I don't really understand why that matters. Just about everything in the game is obtainable in multiple ways so I don't see a problem here.

Super Catanian likes this.
  18. Pythagoras 1290 The Dire

Pythagoras 1290 The Dire Well-Known Member

19. DreadfulCadillac

DreadfulCadillac Active Member

twas a very ancient time..it got replaced with dailt challenges..ANICEINT TIMES...:)

20. DreadfulCadillac

DreadfulCadillac Active Member

i cant say yes or no.however i 2 will abstain from voting at this time.