• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Trophies for First Part of a Multipart Battle in Expedition

• Thread starter DeletedUser36665
  • Start date

DeletedUser36665

Hi,

Anyone know why is it that in a multipart battle in the Guild Expeditions I get zero trophies for the first part,
and a few trophies for the second.
Shouldn't also the first part win me a considerable amount of trophies?

Thanks

DeletedUser3882

Your wishful thinking is sound, but the unfortunate reality is NO.

Points are only accrued by completeing *both* waves and they are calculated by the 2nd wave and what it is consisted of *only*, not the first.

In part, this is due to an exploit being realized when Progressive Era (Or was it Post Modern? It’s a P just the same :/ ) And two wave Continent map battles were first released whereas the first wave counted as an individual battle and battle points were accrued. Players were spamming the first wave, surrendering the second, rinse and repeat amassing massive point increases.

They cut that out quick and we’re left with what we’ve got :/

DeletedUser26120

You'll lose points for damaged or knocked out troops. If your city's population is not enthusiastic and giving you 120% bonus then you will not get 20% extra battle points either.

If you are facing rogues, then transforming them before knocking them out will net you far more points. Dead rogues are 200 points - when transformed they are worth what the unit is worth - in Modern Era+ this can be thousands of points per troop.

Not sure about exact order of highest ranked point value in units but I know champions are worth the most, followed by ranged units - higher the era, the more points. Hope that helps.

DeletedUser36665

Shame they didn't add the points from the first wave onto a successful second wave. But oh well, it's fair if everyone has the same condition
Reading the above explanation, I too think that what you suggest is the best approach.
Can we propose that?

Emberguard

I don't see anything on the DNSL list that would say we can't.

Only thing is do a forum search beforehand to see whether it has been suggested before. If the threads you find have not had a reply for more then 5 months then you can start a new thread, otherwise it may be worth posting your support in the thread you find in your search.

Emberguard

Do you know how they calculate it now?

I was basing my comment off of this comment (so no, haven't looked into it personally):
Your wishful thinking is sound, but the unfortunate reality is NO.

Points are only accrued by completeing *both* waves and they are calculated by the 2nd wave and what it is consisted of *only*, not the first.

In part, this is due to an exploit being realized when Progressive Era (Or was it Post Modern? It’s a P just the same :/ ) And two wave Continent map battles were first released whereas the first wave counted as an individual battle and battle points were accrued. Players were spamming the first wave, surrendering the second, rinse and repeat amassing massive point increases.

They cut that out quick and we’re left with what we’ve got :/

DeletedUser36665

Then please enlighten us oh master my master (Agent327)...
How is it calculated?
And why is that a basis for rejecting our idea?

DeletedUser31440

You're talking about the trophies that you get for completing GE encounters right? The ones that go to leveling up a guild? If so, then why would you get credit for completing a fight that you haven't completed? You have to win both waves to beat the encounter, makes sense that you don't get credit for completion until you actually complete it. Also this,

Say you have a guildee with all the medal expansions, they have millions of medals and not much to use them on. Oh look I can win the first battle in a 2-wave GE battle, surrender, and then do the same thing again. Congratulations, you have just made a way for people to farm guild levels.

Agent327

Then please enlighten us oh master my master (Agent327)...
How is it calculated?
And why is that a basis for rejecting our idea?

Cause in the right format your proposal will look like this

Proposal
Add the points from the first wave onto a successful second wave.

Current System (if applicable)
I have no idea how the current system works

Details
Add the points from the first wave onto a successful second wave.

Abuse Prevention
I have no clue

Visual Aids
N/A

Conclusion
I love proposals, so please please please agree to this for me.

Agent327

Say you have a guildee with all the medal expansions, they have millions of medals and not much to use them on. Oh look I can win the first battle in a 2-wave GE battle, surrender, and then do the same thing again. Congratulations, you have just made a way for people to farm guild levels.

That way is already there.

DeletedUser31440

Which you can do by, for instance using the last fight in GE lvl 4 and surrender every time there is 1 opposing unit left. You do not get minimal points for that.

You do get minimal points for that, less than 10% of the expedition points that the encounter would be worth fully completed.

Encounter 47 (HMA city):
112 damage received surrender after 1st wave - 33 Expedition Points
250ish damage received surrendered on last enemy of 2nd wave - 62 Expedition Points
266 damage received, completed both waves - 923 Expedition Points

Agent327

You do get minimal points for that, less than 10% of the expedition points that the encounter would be worth fully completed.

Encounter 47 (HMA city):
112 damage received surrender after 1st wave - 33 Expedition Points
250ish damage received surrendered on last enemy of 2nd wave - 62 Expedition Points
266 damage received, completed both waves - 923 Expedition Points

HMA is peanuts.

You get way more points in VF and those count.