• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] Turned on Defender boost in the Tavern by mistake

DeletedUser32702

I turned on the Defender boost in the tavern by mistake. It will not expire for another 36 hours. Is there a way to cancel it so I can use another boost without having to pay 50 Diamonds? I really do not need the defender boost.

DeletedUser31882

I think you're stuck with it, I know of no way to cancel a boost. I believe there was a proposal a few months back to do just that.

As someone who has goofed on tavern boosts a couple of times, I can confirm this. First time I just lamented my failed DC, the second time I ponied up the diamonds because I wanted the DC chest that day.

The Proposal for Silver cost to cancel Tavern Boost. I'm not sure if others have been proposed in a similar vein.

BellaFia

As someone who has goofed on tavern boosts a couple of times, I can confirm this. First time I just lamented my failed DC, the second time I ponied up the diamonds because I wanted the DC chest that day.

The Proposal for Silver cost to cancel Tavern Boost. I'm not sure if others have been proposed in a similar vein.
This happened to me as well and I put in a ticket to see if there was a way and I never got an answer.

wolfhoundtoo

Inno doesn't usually correct mistakes for players (they will rarely give you a building back that you've deleted but that's generally something like a GB you accidently deleted).

DeletedUser29623

It’s notable that tavern boosts are one of the few purchase that don’t have a confirmation pop up window.

wolfhoundtoo

confirmation window? the statement was the 1st boost which costs silver not diamonds so no need for a confirmation. Also all diamond purchases have a confirmation boost unless you opted to turn off that warning (well on PC anyway. I'm assuming it's the same on mobile).

DeletedUser29623

confirmation window? the statement was the 1st boost which costs silver not diamonds so no need for a confirmation. Also all diamond purchases have a confirmation boost unless you opted to turn off that warning (well on PC anyway. I'm assuming it's the same on mobile).

You get a confirmation pop up when you sell buildings also, and that doesn’t involve diamonds.

DeletedUser29623

My point is only that there are several decision points in the game where the UI effectively says “Are you sure you want to do that? And it seems like buying a boost should be one of them. The fact that selling a building gets a confirmation window only indicates that there are all kinds of decisions, including decisions that don’t involve spending diamonds, that do or could have this interface feature, especially since it’s easy (at least on mobile) to click the wrong boost accidentally.

wolfhoundtoo

My point is only that there are several decision points in the game where the UI effectively says “Are you sure you want to do that? And it seems like buying a boost should be one of them. The fact that selling a building gets a confirmation window only indicates that there are all kinds of decisions, including decisions that don’t involve spending diamonds, that do or could have this interface feature, especially since it’s easy (at least on mobile) to click the wrong boost accidentally.

Because buildings are really easy to accidently hit "sell' on the wrong building. Thus the confirmation. the tavern boosts are much fewer and bigger respectively on the screen. As for your point, I responded to what you posted. I failed in my application to the psychic hotline.

As for it being easy on mobile to accidently hit the wrong boost then perhaps you should go to the proposals section and make a proposal to fix that issue. Or you can continue the conversation here and hope someone else in the thread wants to format the proposal. :)