• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] Two-Lane Road

DeletedUser8586

Hi All,
How do you get the option for a two-lane road?

Thanks

DeletedUser4844

On your tech tree, progressive era technology "Traffic Lanes" (the very first). Tarmac Road is the 2-lane road. Alternatively, also as soon as you hit the progressive era, you can buy the premium 2-lane road called "Avenue".

DeletedUser4844

Well, two-lane roads didn't exist, and aren't useful/needed, before the progressive age. In addition, if you look through the tech tree, there aren't that many road symbols. Doesn't take that long to check them all out.

When you actually need something for a quest it tends to be a lot clearer. There's a little "?" symbol at the end of the requirement that tells you how to get what you need if it isn't clear.

DeletedUser2382

you get them at Progressive age, the last age available currently (although not for long).

DeletedUser36397

How do I attach a 2 lane road to an existing road please?

Agent327

Same way as you attach other roads, except that since it uses 4 squares you can not just put it everywhere. Just hover and you can see where you can put it.

DeletedUser36397

Same way as you attach other roads, except that since it uses 4 squares you can not just put it everywhere. Just hover and you can see where you can put it.
Thank you. I tried that but it would not use the old road space and would not connect to existing road

DeletedUser29726

2 lane roads won't let you misalign their 2x2 squares - if you have another chunk of 2LR pushed off to the side sometimes it blocks you from building the road you actually want to place.

DeletedUser32927

Thank you. I tried that but it would not use the old road space and would not connect to existing road
If you are trying to connect a building to your road system but it requires 2 lane road, I hope this helps.

I had the same questions issue, as the message I got from putting in my oil refinery was needs to have a 2 lane road, well I tried tarmacs and got the cars going, but the building still did not run. Turns out the 2-lane road has to touch your Great Hall. This makes me realize I have to change my city around just to accommodate 2-lane roads.

My question is now that I have one set of roads being two lanes, do I have to continue the road throughout my city in order to put another building requiring 2-lanes, or can I just put a 2-lane 1 at the GH, and one at the building, and will that work? if so great less space eaten by such massive roads.

Don't get me wrong I understand the thoughts behind these two lane roads and the progression throughout the era, but now I have to wait until I can get housing that holds more people before I can demolish half my city...Wish I could start a new city direction from where this city is currently...would allow me to take different routes into a future time line. SCIFI anyone?

DeletedUser

If you are trying to connect a building to your road system but it requires 2 lane road, I hope this helps.

I had the same questions issue, as the message I got from putting in my oil refinery was needs to have a 2 lane road, well I tried tarmacs and got the cars going, but the building still did not run. Turns out the 2-lane road has to touch your Great Hall. This makes me realize I have to change my city around just to accommodate 2-lane roads.

My question is now that I have one set of roads being two lanes, do I have to continue the road throughout my city in order to put another building requiring 2-lanes, or can I just put a 2-lane 1 at the GH, and one at the building, and will that work? if so great less space eaten by such massive roads.

Don't get me wrong I understand the thoughts behind these two lane roads and the progression throughout the era, but now I have to wait until I can get housing that holds more people before I can demolish half my city...Wish I could start a new city direction from where this city is currently...would allow me to take different routes into a future time line. SCIFI anyone?
The two lane road has to run continuously from your Town Hall to the building. Even one section of 1 lane road will keep the building from functioning.

King Shamus1226

Can someone help me figure out how to fix this: Help me.PNG

That is an oil refinery that still says it doesn't have two lane roads connecting it to the TH, which is at the top right.