• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Two rough draft ideas

Expletive Deleted

I have been tooling around with a couple ideas in my head I would like to see implemented, but before I try to write out a full suggestion in the ideas threads for either one I figured I should pitch them here and try to hammer out any specifics / get a measurement on how worthwhile either would be received. I looked among the DNSL and didn't see any suggestions directly related to this but there are always things I may have missed.

The first suggestion is based on the wishing well / foy / hedge maze random payout. I dont know the specific odds of any given payout. But I would suggest adding tavern silver, and the coins / gems from AD to the list of potential rewards dropped. This is based upon the concept that the random reward system they operate on was made before any of these forms of currency were available in the game. I dont know what exact amounts of each currency I would put as fair, but i think a fixed amount rather than scaling with age makes sense.
The WW and FoY have both been given shrink kits since then so clearly inno is open to the idea of altering them in some way.

The second idea is focused specifically on the Hedge Maze. It seems like a bit of an odd thing with the 12hr cook random drop but doubling the size of a basic WW. I would like to see a HM upgrade kit, instead of a shrink kit the maze would go from a 5x4 to a 5x5 > 5x6 > 6x6 > 6x7 > 7x7 and with each upgrade reduce the time by 1hr from a 12hr down to 6hr cooks... to be clear I'm not suggesting the payouts change or increase here, just the frequency.

I know that these buildings are not the most sought after but these changes could make them a lot more valuable.

Graviton

I can't agree to adding Tavern silver nor AD currency to WWells. That would necessarily reduce the odds of receiving every other reward, including diamonds. Reducing the chance of getting diamonds reduces the value of WWells. I don't believe either Tavern silver or AD gems are worth shrinking my chance at getting diamonds.

The idea for the Hedge Maze isn't a bad one, I could see something like that happening down the road.

Agent327

I have been tooling around with a couple ideas in my head I would like to see implemented, but before I try to write out a full suggestion in the ideas threads for either one I figured I should pitch them here and try to hammer out any specifics / get a measurement on how worthwhile either would be received. I looked among the DNSL and didn't see any suggestions directly related to this but there are always things I may have missed.

The first suggestion is based on the wishing well / foy / hedge maze random payout. I dont know the specific odds of any given payout. But I would suggest adding tavern silver, and the coins / gems from AD to the list of potential rewards dropped. This is based upon the concept that the random reward system they operate on was made before any of these forms of currency were available in the game. I dont know what exact amounts of each currency I would put as fair, but i think a fixed amount rather than scaling with age makes sense.
The WW and FoY have both been given shrink kits since then so clearly inno is open to the idea of altering them in some way.

DNS

• New buildings or items. Buildings and items are decided upon according to a feature, event, era and need to ensure they are balanced within the game
  • Changes to existing rewards.

The second idea is focused specifically on the Hedge Maze. It seems like a bit of an odd thing with the 12hr cook random drop but doubling the size of a basic WW. I would like to see a HM upgrade kit, instead of a shrink kit the maze would go from a 5x4 to a 5x5 > 5x6 > 6x6 > 6x7 > 7x7 and with each upgrade reduce the time by 1hr from a 12hr down to 6hr cooks... to be clear I'm not suggesting the payouts change or increase here, just the frequency.

I know that these buildings are not the most sought after but these changes could make them a lot more valuable.

DNS

• New buildings or items. Buildings and items are decided upon according to a feature, event, era and need to ensure they are balanced within the game
  • Changes to existing rewards.
  • Easier access to Diamonds. Diamonds are rare for a reason.

wolfhoundtoo

They don't bother rebalancing items because as you progress you'll get better and better buildings to replace the ones you currently have (whether it's tech buildings or event buildings). Aid isn't meant to be a large source of coin for players well into the tech tree but simply meant to encourage the newer players to participate in such activities so that they get the benefits of interacting with other players. Aiding primarily advantage is the motivation and polish that you get in return.

LivelyNature3710

Sounds pretty good, but what's your suggestion for people who just don't have the room for a 7x7 like that in their city? Maybe raising the rewards a bit for each upgrade would be smart, obviously excluding diamonds. As Agent327 said, "Diamonds are rare for a reason."

Algona

Changing the payouts for already developed SBs? Meh.

But this idea?

to be clear I'm not suggesting the payouts change or increase here, just the frequency.

Good stuff! This may be genius? It's original. I don't know that anyone has ever suggested same payouts but faster production time for increasing the level of an SB.

The concept seems to fall within INNO's desire to keep people in game.

There may be some interesting design space here. Gonna take a bit of thinking.

I'd like to see a separate discussion on whether or not this concept could work within the game.

Expletive Deleted

@Agent327 - I see those DNSL posts and would consider it at least debatable to say this would be a new building or item. ( maybe a new item as in HM upgrade kit?) And I would argue that none of these things would make diamonds more accessible. Considering that the size change would make upgrading things a challenge or the addition of the extra currency might reduce the odds of diamond reward as graviton mentioned. No doubt that the same DNSL restrictions would be brought up had anyone suggested a shrink kit for wells. Which do increase your odds of getting diamonds by allowing you more space for additional wells.

@LivelyNature3710 - I'd say the same thing to anyone who cant fir the 3x7 preposterous cider mill. Either stick with the level below or work out how to fit it in. Not everyone will want a full 7x7 anything. I simply would like the option.

Like I mentioned in my first post. These are rough draft ideas for now but I do think there is room to work with at least one of these concepts and I think they fall within a range that would prevent abuse and easily keep things balanced within the game.

LivelyNature3710

Good stuff! This may be genius? It's original. I don't know that anyone has ever suggested same payouts but faster production time for increasing the level of an SB.

The concept seems to fall within INNO's desire to keep people in game.

There may be some interesting design space here.
Thanks Algona, that sounds very reasonable, and I can actually see where you're coming from now.

I'd say the same thing to anyone who cant fir the 3x7 preposterous cider mill. Either stick with the level below or work out how to fit it in. Not everyone will want a full 7x7 anything. I simply would like the option.
@thekyle, you give a valid point, and me having a maze, I see the potential. You sound like the kind of genius Inno needs on their team. Can't wait to see the day when they decide to use your ideas!

Last edited:

Agent327

@Agent327 - I see those DNSL posts and would consider it at least debatable to say this would be a new building or item. ( maybe a new item as in HM upgrade kit?) And I would argue that none of these things would make diamonds more accessible. Considering that the size change would make upgrading things a challenge or the addition of the extra currency might reduce the odds of diamond reward as graviton mentioned. No doubt that the same DNSL restrictions would be brought up had anyone suggested a shrink kit for wells. Which do increase your odds of getting diamonds by allowing you more space for additional wells

Adding tavern silver, and the coins / gems from AD to the list of potential rewards from WW or FOY is a change to existing rewards.

HM upgrade kit is a new item.

You are free to discuss it, but posted as an idea, it will be moved to DNS.

Expletive Deleted

Thank you all for the props on the originality I appreciate the positive feedback.

@Agent327 fair enough for the assessment as to the viability for making it an official proposal for an idea, if it wont pass it wont pass. But as for the basic concept outlined I would like to know your thoughts. I've read enough of these threads to know your reputation so I'd like your feedback.

Agent327

@Agent327 fair enough for the assessment as to the viability for making it an official proposal for an idea, if it wont pass it wont pass. But as for the basic concept outlined I would like to know your thoughts. I've read enough of these threads to know your reputation so I'd like your feedback.

AD is a game part on it's own. I do not think other buildings should contribute to that.

HM is not a very popular or rewarding building. Making it bigger in size is only more reason not to place it.

Expletive Deleted

The comment on increasing the frequency of rewards. That is already done with one Great Building: Alcatraz. which depending on your Guild rankings, can give it's reward in fewer hours. Troops heal faster etc.
So it the idea of 'faster' could be added to to other reward times. And actually some new rewards created being those shortened times. There are rewards for shorter times for supplies and coin production. Something could be made to apply to Goods. and GBs.

I have seen many different variations on suggestions regarding speeding up other productions and I dont think most if any would ever fly. Many have suggested rush kits or GBs that try to remove the ever present time gaps, all have been shot down for one reason or another.

The main reason i brought up the concept of upgrading the HM is built around its design of a 'faster' version of wells being what it is. Upgraded specials are now commonplace so it's not an unusual thing to bring in and the trade of time for soze is the crucial factor in maintaining fairness.

As I own several mazes across my farm towns i found myself wishing i could make them into one larger more elaborate maze. While trying to keep the core concept in tact and maintaining the balance of the game. At 7x7 you could fit between 4-6 WW depending on your ability for organization and how many might be little wells & road counts. So if you could already collect 4x as a base for the space provided, making one building produce every 6h is effectively the same output.

Mustapha00

In order to save time and effort on the part of Inno, I would suggest that their DNS list be shortened to read the following:

DNS: anything that might improve the game.

Vger

In order to save time and effort on the part of Inno, I would suggest that their DNS list be shortened to read the following:

DNS: anything that might improve the game.
No, it also has to include anything that might diminish the game.

So the updated version:
DNS: Anything.

But we are basically already there anyway.