1. GvG Improvements Update

Hello Queens and Kings,
    First up, we wanted to thank you once again for taking the time to continue to contribute your feedback on the upcoming changes to Forge of Empires, especially in relation to Guild Battlegrounds.
    For the detailed description of the upcoming changes, please see the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Cultural Settlement - Feudal Japan

Arising from the Sengoku period of Feudal Japan, the clan of Akechi Mitsuhide has requested your help.
    As the Daimyo of his village, it is your task to lead the Feudal Japan to prosperity! Detailed information here!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Changelog 1.157

Hello Queens and Kings,
    The update to 1.157 will take place on Wed, July 24, 2019. There will be a short period of downtime during the update, we apologize for any inconvenience caused during this time.
    For the detailed description of the upcoming changes, please see the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Two Wars to Peace

Discussion in 'Debate Hall' started by Hellstromm, Oct 23, 2012.

1. Hellstromm

Hellstromm Active Member

Statement pulled from a different debate...

Just to point out, Libya and Somalia were U.N. participatory. I would also like to point out that all three were in upheavel before intervention, and that civilian lives were in danger. This is in stark contrast to invading, in "initiating" two full-out wars in what were previously two stable, if not despotic, nations.

If you're referring specifically to drone activity, we probably should start a different thread. As to Yemen, I am curious to know what you're talking about.

2. Liberty

Liberty Active Member

I will do as you suggest and leave the discussion on drones for elsewhere, but on the other, how does the UN somehow make it alright to bomb and overthrow a sovereign nation? The fact of the matter is that in Libya we took the side of a small faction of people, who Al Qaida was a part of, amazingly enough. And all this time, I thought the "War on Terror" was about taking out Al Qaeda, not funding them. Al Qaeda is also a part of the faction we are helping in Syria, so at least our government is being consistent. /sarcasm intended.

I wonder what we would think if another nation(s) did same to us, here.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2012
    Hellstromm likes this.