• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] unattached units what use are they

DeletedUser27284

apart from defending my city from attacks, what use are unattached units? in particular, those that are gained from doing events. i once had a champion from an event quest but lost him in battle. he never came back. they seem a bit pointless as a reward as they are so easily lost.

DeletedUser25273

They can be used in any battle, but as you noticed if they die they are gone for good (unless you pay 45 diamonds on the result screen to buy them back). When you have enough of them, (so you aren't losing units you want for city defense), that can be a reasonable risk if you are strong enough that you tend not to lose units very often.

Algona

,assively useful a couple of Ages down the road. You can use them for PP towers against 2 spearfighter defenses. In lo2wer era GvG, the first couple fights in GE lvl 1, sacrificing to quests, cf Alcatraz.

Czari

Unattached units are VERY useful but need to be used wisely. For example, if I just entered a new age and don't have a particular type of that age unit building yet but do have one or more unattached units that would be helpful in a given battle, I put the unattached unit in my attacking army (usually with at least two rogues). I keep the unattached unit/s out of the range of enemy units and wait until the rogues either turn into that unit and/or bring the unattached unit out near the end of the battle when I am assured it won't get eliminated.

Once you obtain the Alcatraz you will be generating a LOT of unattached units. They are great to use if one doesn't want to spend the coin/supplies to revive a regular unit as well as using them when regular units are mostly in the process of healing and/or being revived.

DeletedUser27284

i was thinking it may be a good idea to be able to attach these units to a camp once one has built the appropriate camp?

DeletedUser26154

i was thinking it may be a good idea to be able to attach these units to a camp once one has built the appropriate camp?
No, unattached units stay unattached.
The benefit of an unattached unit is that you don't need a military building to have it.