• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Unattainable Event Checklists

DeletedUser11375

I have been playing FoE for over 4 years now and have always enjoyed the special Events. This is the first time in over 4 years of continuous play that I was unable to complete the event even though I was engaged and active every day.
The hoop jumping and task checklist have become so multitudinous and complex that it just isn't even fun anymore.
I don't want to complain because it is all supposed to be in good fun.... but, to me, it's just NOT anymore. I was so disappointed when I realized there was no way I was going to finish the Halloween Event.

The daily's have become the same way. There is a laundry list of at least 4 tasks for a Palm Tree or 10 forge points. ??????

DeletedUser37280

I agree with what your saying. The daily is mostly pvp related . defeat this large army is what I get 99% of the time and they are boosted to where I can not beat them . Not everyone is a fighter. FoE needs to fix this now.

DeletedUser33179

I have been playing FoE for over 4 years now and have always enjoyed the special Events. This is the first time in over 4 years of continuous play that I was unable to complete the event even though I was engaged and active every day.
The hoop jumping and task checklist have become so multitudinous and complex that it just isn't even fun anymore.
I don't want to complain because it is all supposed to be in good fun.... but, to me, it's just NOT anymore. I was so disappointed when I realized there was no way I was going to finish the Halloween Event.

The daily's have become the same way. There is a laundry list of at least 4 tasks for a Palm Tree or 10 forge points. ??????

I went back & looked at the Halloween event quests on fan wiki (http://forgeofempires.wikia.com/wiki/2018_Halloween_Event)

57 quests needed to be completed in ~2 weeks (consistent with what we get in terms of overall ratio quests per duration). 25 of those involved completing only a single task, & 15 of those allowed you to pick between two tasks to do. Each quest had no more than 2 components to complete. We were given the option of doing "either one task OR another" 34 times in total (counting among all components of 1 & 2 task quests) - negotiate OR fight OR donate goods OR tavern boosts OR etc, etc.

You couldn't complete the above - almost half the total quests having only a single component & new game addition of a huge number of either-or tasks, which unprecedentedly allowed folks to chose options that fit their play style/city progress level? Yet you say you've completed every single event without fail for 4 years, & are as active playing now as you've always been. I really don't see how that's possible.

DeletedUser33179

I agree with what your saying. The daily is mostly pvp related . defeat this large army is what I get 99% of the time and they are boosted to where I can not beat them . Not everyone is a fighter. FoE needs to fix this now.

No. The Daily Challenge is not "mostly PvP related", & you know it. Negotiations, tavern boosts, donate goods, collect coins/supplies, etc - they're all there in equal numbers as well. But it appears that 'fight this army' tasks are what frustrates you 99% of the time. So you're not much of a fighter (& perhaps have little interest in ever building up that game aspect). So what? Skip those DCs that require that kind of task. DC is not designed for most all players to be able to complete every single day. On the Map, don't keep sectors open/incomplete in a territory & you won't get DC quests requiring you to obtain a sectore(s).

DeletedUser30900

Hmm, you post all these so all the folks here can laugh about you?

DeletedUser33036

The most annoying part to me, were the complete x amount of 4 hour productions. Not really hard, but they did slow down the amount of quests you could do in a day. What actually did prevent you from completing the event?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3882

Welp, going into next year, there is word from Inno that they are shifting how these events will work. Scaling back how many events are going to be released (not as many small/historical events) and shifting toward settlements allowing players to play at their own pace.

You’re going to *LOVE* settlements if you didn’t like the Halloween and historical event(s) :/

<Note the pungent smell of sarcasm there..>

Mustapha00

First, I admit that I completed the Event on only two of the five servers on which I play.

That said- and this is going to sound rather contradictory- I actually thought that Inno did a much better job of giving us optional ways to complete a quest rather than requiring one and only one. I consider that quite the improvement over previous Events, and I really hope that they will continue to implement choices going forward.

SpiderSux

I agree with the above. List of all quests was available with plenty of time to plan and prepare for all of them. Some of them did get monotonous, but nothing on there made the quest line impossible to finish in the allotted time.