• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Unbirthday Quest

67Sage101

I hear this quest may have been modified at some point. I don't know the history. I'm just going to speak to the current stupidity of this quest.

Progressive Era, CF level 13.

Unbirthday Quest says give 50K coins and 50K production for a random reward.

Reward 40K production, next reward 30K coin. What an utterly stupid reward system. Seems to me Inno likes un-rewards.

Ebeondi Asi

Level 13 is no where near high enough for the Unbirthday Quest. You need level 70 or better. (that is from hearsay and not experience. Since I always thought the Quest and chasing endless stuff that way sucked.
IT is true some players swear by Cf. Not me. But it is useful to some extent.

People use the Unbirthday quest for goods and FP packs, not for coins and supplies. At a high enough level CF (depends on era, but the lowest is level 72 in Iron Age) means that you can run unlimited numbers of Unbirthday quests since you will break even on coins and supplies. Having a high level CF to run unlimited UBQs is not that big of a deal since it's super boring (unless if you want to break the rules). I think most players just use the UBQ in-between while cycling their spend FP quests since coins and supplies are easy to build up when camping.

Emberguard

Yeah, unbirthday is a fantastic quest because it’s Over Powered in generating goods. Once you have a couple hyper levelled Great Buildings for coins and supplies the cost is really a non-issue. The main thing is are you willing to cycle quests to generate goods?

I think most players just use the UBQ in-between while cycling their spend FP quests
Yeah, Spend FPs, Collect X supplies, Collect X Coins. Doesn’t have to be solely Unbirthday when cycling

DevaCat

At CF60 I get 25 goods and I agree, it doesn’t take long to add up. Focusing solely on the UBQ, I can generate 1k goods in just a few minutes when needed although doing that is pretty boring and I seldom concentrate on that particular RQ. I generally do the ubq as I’m cycling through to complete other rqs.

With 2 RQ slots I use the CF every day as I collect the city. Why bother? Because I will get extra rewards for doing something I will be doing anyway. If I get the ubq reward of coins or supplies being complained about, no problem — it helps fill the other (collect coins/supplies) quest I have open. It’s a numbers game: the more rqs done = more opportunities to collect goods and fp packs. Oh, and the diamonds are nice to collect too.

The game can be perverse at times. I can’t count the number of times I’ve needed just a few coins or supplies to complete a quest as @Kranyar the Mysterious says, and all I can get is goods and fps!:)

Kryxeus

I'm just going to speak to the current stupidity of this quest.

If you dont have a high level CF, you need a city that can support the Unbirthday Quest. On Carthage with a CF at level 7 using HQS in HMA, having 70 alchemist, in between cycling 2 saltpeter quest, I was able to do a UBQ and still grow my coin and supply bank. My 2 month old city could do 35 UBQs and generated over 200 goods a day without any goods buildings to plunder. UBQ is very profitable even in a fairly new city with a low level CF in a low era.

Just An Observer

UBQ + 2000 Abort limit = 75 to 80 minutes. I break the total time up and hit the 2000 Abort limit every day. Chateau is at 80, HC at 58 and SMB at 45. It is a nice amount of goods and FP packages for those who will put in the work.

Meat Butcher

Yeah, unbirthday is a fantastic quest because it’s Over Powered in generating goods. Once you have a couple hyper levelled Great Buildings for coins and supplies the cost is really a non-issue. The main thing is are you willing to cycle quests to generate goods?

Quoted for Truth !

At level 202 my Chateau gives me 61 goods every time it comes up for the reward.
The Chateau at any high level is almost like a built in event that you decided when to work it for the rewards.

Agent327

Quoted for Truth !

At level 202 my Chateau gives me 61 goods every time it comes up for the reward.
The Chateau at any high level is almost like a built in event that you decided when to work it for the rewards.

Except ofcourse that since you are in SAV, you no longer have the UBQ.