• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Under what circumstances does the wheel refresh?

jsc29

I don't understand when the wheel refreshes in the Summer event.

I thought that the wheel was a neighborhood wheel so that when a neighbor refreshed the wheel, it refreshed for me too, but I watch the messages on the bottom of the screen and sometimes they say "so-and-so refreshed the wheel and won..." but the wheel does not refresh for me.

So, when exactly does the wheel refresh (other when I refresh it myself obviously)?

Nicholas002

I don't understand when the wheel refreshes in the Summer event.

I thought that the wheel was a neighborhood wheel so that when a neighbor refreshed the wheel, it refreshed for me too, but I watch the messages on the bottom of the screen and sometimes they say "so-and-so refreshed the wheel and won..." but the wheel does not refresh for me.

So, when exactly does the wheel refresh (other when I refresh it myself obviously)?
it refreshes when you or one of your neighbors refreshes it.

the messages at the bottom, scroll past constantly, regardless of when it actually happened. look at the time on the messages, and you will see.

Ukkonen

or one of your neighbors refreshes it

I don't think that this part is accurate or it would be refreshing very often. My guess, and it is just a guess, is that it refreshes only after the gold and silver prizes are claimed. I've had it go longer longer than an hour with the same gold or no gold prize offering. I've never seen it where all of the gold and silver prizes were claimed, though.

Agent327

I don't think that this part is accurate or it would be refreshing very often. My guess, and it is just a guess, is that it refreshes only after the gold and silver prizes are claimed. I've had it go longer longer than an hour with the same gold or no gold prize offering. I've never seen it where all of the gold and silver prizes were claimed, though.

You are wrong. It only refreshes when you or one of the neighbours refreshes it. Prizes claimed have nothing to do with it.

Ukkonen

I'll wait until I see something official. I have more than 70 neighbors in each of my cities. I'm skeptical that not one of those neighbors would spin the wheel over a time period of several hours. Then again, though, I've been in some hoods where very few have had the sense to aid regularly.

Agent327

I'll wait until I see something official.

https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/summer-event-2020.37181/

I have more than 70 neighbors in each of my cities. I'm skeptical that not one of those neighbors would spin the wheel over a time period of several hours. Then again, though, I've been in some hoods where very few have had the sense to aid regularly.

What would be the smart move? Refreshing the wheel and possibly getting a prize you do not want, or let others refresh the wheel, so you can wait for the prize you are after?

BTW, there is one more way that refreshes the wheel and that is when all prizes are won.

jsc29

it refreshes when you or one of your neighbors refreshes it.

the messages at the bottom, scroll past constantly, regardless of when it actually happened. look at the time on the messages, and you will see.

Not possible. My wheel is still in the same position that it was last night and I just got up after sleeping for 6 hours. So, unless you are claiming that nobody in my 70-person neighborhood refreshed the wheel in the last 6 hours, then your claim is not statistically possible.

RazorbackPirate

Not possible. My wheel is still in the same position that it was last night and I just got up after sleeping for 6 hours. So, unless you are claiming that nobody in my 70-person neighborhood refreshed the wheel in the last 6 hours, then your claim is not statistically possible.
70 people is not a lot and there's a good possibility that they were either sleeping as well, or the're out of doubloons. My wheel also sits unrefreshed for hours. It doesn;'t mean anything's wrong it just means no one is refreshing.

BruteForceAttack

So "statistically" out of the 71 are you saying only you have life and cant sleep etc?

Emberguard

Your assumption ignores the nature of free will. You’re assuming there’s going to be a steady stream of players spending and not a lumping of when they spend

Different players will be at different stages of the event quests or may not even be participating. Some will have completed and spent everything they can Day 1 while others will still be catching up

There’s been what? Probably about 64 Doubloons so far? We’ve had 10 or so days which averages 6 doubloons per spend if a player only spends once per day. You’re not always going to get what you want within 6 spins. So you’ll have players who either are sitting on Doubloons until others refresh the wheel for them or who have spent it already and waiting to build the stash back up again.

There may also be players that will wait until the final day to spend. It’s inevitable there’ll be a last minute rush to eliminate all doubloons so there may be some players relying on that to get the prizes they want.

Nicholas002

I am not claiming anything. I am telling you how the wheel works, since you asked. you are the one claiming that no one refreshed in 6 hours, which is a very reasonable claim. my wheel has also gone hours without anyone refreshing.