• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Understanding Happiness.Would someone direct me to a link

ol man Rufus

Lately, over the past 10 days, when I log in to my original city each day, I find the Happiness 120% has disappeared.
I know this calculation is based on the number or population both working and available but I don't why the 120% disappears overnight therefore I can't correct the issue.

Is there a web page available explaining "Happiness". I asked that question but the answer didn't address my specific lack of knowledge.

Thanks and FORGE On!

RufusXZ

DeletedUser33179

Most likely, to have 120% happiness some of your happiness-providing buidings & decorations were motivated/polished by folks who aided you. That doubles the happy of the buiding for several hours (8 or 12 hours, I forget which).

The decreased happiness you describe sometimes encountering is merely the bonus aide-doubling time of a building(s) happiness having run out -- so, the corresponding total happiness will be less

DeletedUser41019

There are two ways to correct this problem, so that you get 120% efficiency regardless of whether your cultural buildings and decorations are polished or not:

1. Build more cultural buildings - This is the most straightforward way of doing it, especially if you've some spare space. If you plan to increase your poopulation, you may want to build a cultural building in advance to allow for the extra population. If you've lots of old cultural buildings, sell them and build up to date ones for your era.

2. Decrease your population - If you've no spare space, but you have surplus population, sell the houses that you don't need.

I learned this from experience. I stupidly kept my iron age public baths for far longer than I should have and kept worrying about the space they took up. I deleted the last one the other day and replaced it with a late middle ages academy :)