• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Understanding Prestige and how it affect Guild position

Darth Mole

For some reason I can't get my head around how a guilds prestige is made up?
I understand that the more Prestige a guild has the higher up the rankings it moves.
What I don't understand is where it comes from!

I've totaled up the daily power from my Guilds GvG action - all the maps together =6,800 daily power. So every day at recalc something happens and that gets turned into prestige possibly? But how much?

GE - we finish in top spot most weeks and on average get 55,000 Guild power crowns. Does that get turned into Prestige once a week? If so how much?

GbG - early days but last time round we got 334,800 guild reward crowns. That moved us up a level when it kicked in. how much Prestige should that sort of amount add if any?

Where else does Prestige come from - HoFs produce crowns as do some other Special buildings but what happens to those.

I'm sure this is posted somewhere and I know MMR is being talked about but what does MMR stand for and what is the relationship between Guild power / crowns and Prestige.

I've only been playing the game 5 years - you'd think I'd know!

Any (simple) help appreciated!

DeletedUser37581

Prestige now comes from three sources - guild level, GvG (sum of power over all maps) and Battlegrounds (equal to 18 * MMR).

Everything else produces power, which helps increase guild level.

Darth Mole

Thanks but that still doesn't help me make a connection between how much Prestige we get from the 3 sources and which is providing most and where to focus efforts to increase it.
What is MMR?

DeletedUser37581

MMR is the rating given to each guild that is used to match guilds on a battlefield. MMR also determines which league a guild is in.

Prestige from guild level is generally small. It is equal to 25 times guild level. For a guild with level 50, prestige from level would equal 1250.

Prestige from GvG generally ranges from 0 (for guilds that don't participate at all) to as high as 15,000 - 20,000 for a guild that is at the top.

Prestige from Battlegrounds is equal to 18 * MMR, and ranges from 0 (for guilds that don't participate, or guilds that perform very poorly) to 18,000 (for a guilds that are at the top of diamond league).

To increase your prestige from Battlegrounds, it is necessary to move up to higher leagues.

To increase your prestige from GvG, it is necessary to gain more high-power sectors, particularly on the AA or FE maps.

Increasing your guild level won't help very much.

Darth Mole

Thanks dontwannaname.

So am I write in thinking that if P=x+y+z
Where P is total Prestige and
x is Prestige from Guild level and
y is Prestige from GvG and
z is prestige from GbG

I know my Prestige (20,000), I know my guild level 40 so x should be 1000 then the 2 unknowns are y and z
20,000= 1000 +y+z and there's no way to work out y or z unless you make one of them 0 by having no GvG tiles and no participation in GbG?

So I'm getting 19,000 Prestige from GvG and GbG. So I guess I need to watch the daily increase to find out how much is from GvG and watch the increase when GbG finishes to see the impact from that?

Is there no way of calculating y and z and how do you find out your MMR?

DeletedUser37581

To determine the amount of prestige from GvG, you can go to each GvG map and display the ranking for that map. That will list the Daily Power gained from that map. Add up all of the Daily Power values for your guild for each map, and that is the amount of prestige your guild gains from GvG.

Darth Mole

To determine the amount of prestige from GvG, you can go to each GvG map and display the ranking for that map. That will list the Daily Power gained from that map. Add up all of the Daily Power values for your guild for each map, and that is the amount of prestige your guild gains from GvG.
That's why I mentioned that in my OP. 6,800 daily power from GvG
. So if what you're saying is true I should get 6,800 Prestige a day?

So if we suddenly lost all our GvG sectors then would our Prestige drop to around 13,000?
If so what makes up the other 12,000 that is left over ie y?
20,000=1000+6,800+y

DeletedUser37581

Then yes, that number is a very close approximation to your prestige from Battlegrounds. The thing that you have to be careful of is that your total prestige is only updated once a day, while the Daily Power in the GvG maps changes as you conquer or lose sectors.

Darth Mole

OK - so assuming we do similarly well this time round I should see Prestige jump around 13,000 when GbG finishes?
I really dont think that's right.

The implication was that before the first GE we should have only been around 7,000 prestige (can't say I remember how much we had but am pretty sure it was way more than that!

DeletedUser37581

No, your prestige won't jump another 13,000. Your MMR is somewhere around 675 right now. (651 is needed for platinum, and 901 is needed for diamond.) Your MMR will go up or down depending on what place you finish in Battlegrounds, and how many guilds are on the battlefield.

Place8 Guilds7 Guilds6 Guilds5 Guilds
1st+175+150+125+100
2nd+125+100+75+50
3rd+75+50+250
4th+250-25-50
5th-25-50-75-100
6th-75-100-125-
7th-125-150--
8th-175---

In addition, if a guild has been elevated to a higher battlefield (such as a gold league guild participating in a platinum league battlefield), then any losses are cut in half, and any gains are boosted by 50%. So an elevated guild that finishes 2nd in a 5 guild battlefield would receive +75 to MMR instead of +50.

If you had more than 7000-8000 prestige before GBG started, then it was because you were doing better in GvG.

Flavius Belisarius

Before GBG (11-20) our Guild was ranked 29 with 1906 Prestige.
Today (12-2), after one GBG campaign (Silver Finished 2nd) in the middle of another GBG our Rank is 39 with 8665 Prestige?
Our GVG Holdings = 1936 PTS
Our Weekly GE Crown points averages 10K.
I don't get it.....
How did we gain 6900 Prestige and drop 10 ranks.

DeletedUser29726

More specifically many "GE guild"s that had no prestige from GvG are in fact quite decently ranked in GBG and thus passed many light-GvG guilds who started with an initially lower MMR (due to small size primarily). If you can fight your way up to the same league as them you'll close the gap there and once again your GvG sectors vs their no GvG sectors will put you ahead.

Darth Mole

Seems waaaaaay too skewed towards GbG. I can understand the fact that Inno wants it to be important - heck their diamond sales must have gone through the roof - but to be so many times more Prestigious than GvG?

Drop GvG and get yourself organised in GbG if you want to soar up the ranks!

DeletedUser29726

It's not many times more prestigious. It's about equal at the top end. But having 1000 prestige from GvG is basically like not participating (you can get that by taking 2 or 3 landing zones noone wants on each map or having a holding on just one map). Actually participating in GvG and say getting 4500 prestige from it is approximately like being 1 full GBG league ahead of your competition.

DeletedUser37581

Seems waaaaaay too skewed towards GbG. I can understand the fact that Inno wants it to be important - heck their diamond sales must have gone through the roof - but to be so many times more Prestigious than GvG?

Drop GvG and get yourself organised in GbG if you want to soar up the ranks!
You can repeat this same false statement over and over but that doesn't make it so.

On most worlds fewer than 200 guilds participate in GvG at any level. Meanwhile, 700 to 1000 guilds may have participated in GBG for the first season. All of those guilds gained in prestige, some of them some several thousand prestige. That doesn't make prestige skewed towards GBG. It just means that more guilds are participating in GBG than are participating in GvG.

Most of the guilds that gained a few thousand prestige from GBG could have gained an equal amount from GvG by putting in an equal amount of effort. But from what I've seen, a lot of guilds are putting way more effort into GBG than they ever put into GvG (if they put anything into GvG at all).

Darth Mole

Ok, time will tell.

I have a well established guild on Z world and we have big chunks of GvG territory and yet the prestige gained through GbG was many times greater than through GvG. Nothing I've said here is false.

DeletedUser37581

Ok, time will tell.

I have a well established guild on Z world and we have big chunks of GvG territory and yet the prestige gained through GbG was many times greater than through GvG. Nothing I've said here is false.
Well, as long as you make it clear you are referring to how prestige affects your guild (and not the game in general), then I guess you are right.