• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Guide] Understanding Why You are Attacked and Plundered and What to Do About It

Buildbig

If someone is getting up your nose through regular attack & plunder there are ways to get back at them even if you can't be bothered with a military response.
When it is one of the heavies from the upper hood regions it doesn't hurt to throw away a couple of fps and level that GB awaiting collection time and the double-dip. If it is for example a Cape Canaveral it ends up out of sequence with the big boy's collection time and he might miss out on 30 Fps.
You can also visit their city and mouse over any GBs that are close to levelling and ripe for plucking and find one that is unlocked a level or two above the current level. Wait until it is ready awaiting the owner's final 2 or 3 Fps at collection time - level the sucker - and plonk your stash to lock 1st place for a tidy profit.

DeletedUser

There is not much you can do about being plundered except collecting on time. There are cute tricks like setting 5 minute TF2 traps , Flourishing Mill traps , etc but you are basically auto-plundering yourself instead of just collecting on time. The raw math is always in the attackers favour. I plunder an average of 45 cities per day. If every single one of them successfully attack me then I may lose 2-3 productions max. I don't care if people attack or plunder me , it's my own fault if I get plundered not theirs. I attack down to the second to last neighbour slide and then just use my hood like a grocery store the rest of the day. Someone from my hood sends me a friend request then it gets accepted , attacking stops.
Someone disconnects their whole city then I just attack them for the points , laugh at them and move on. If they strike up an interesting conversation and don't PM to whine then I likely will stop attacking. Its a game and I play the game.

DevaCat

Small footprint goods producer seems to be the attraction. That, and the "new thing" thing. Thing is, the Tower isn't a magic bullet. Those who build it and fail to do the things they need to do to prevent plundering are still going to get plundered if they become complacent. And they will come to the forum to complain about it.

I see a long bright future for this and the Plunder Progress threads! :)