• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

uneven neighborhoods

DeletedUser16332

why are the top few players in many neighborhoods so many ages ahead of everyone else in the neighborhood? It is entirely unfair to get hammered by troops you have no possible way of even damaging let alone destroying. this is my city description now if you wish to know. My neighborhood is from LMA to EMA except for the top 8 guys who are all modern age many of whom are in the top 20 of Jaims rankings.

my city status text now-i will sell all my roads and wait until you leave our neighborhood before i donate to the GB of someone who plunders me who is 5 ages ahead of me. see you later modern era neighbors, i will miss those of you who dont attack me. dont let the door hit you others on the way out. And innogames dont expect any money out of me for a long time after this stunt.

DeletedUser13328

the best defense for this is to pick up productions on time and have a lot of friends/guild mates who aid daily. Many of the top ranked players will attack daily no matter what- tower points are important- but if you leave nothing to plunder they can't take it. Happened to me with my city on E. I. Learned the value of 8 hour housing, synching up supplies to finish with housing and 24 hour cycles for goods. Being in that rogher neighborhood (I was just starting HMA, the top 70 in the hood were at least in modern age with a couple LMA/HMA/EMA players at the bottom) made me a better player. Many of those players are now friends and have helped me improve my city as well.

yes it is frustrating to be in an unbalanced hood but there is a bright side if you look for it- there are blue prints for higher aged buildings (Alcatraz) to be had from hitting the aid button or donating to grab fp's and medals as well. Sometimes you have to make lemonade when the game hands you lemons.

DeletedUser17153

The best defense for this is if the game developers would work to make it fair. Dan, I agree with you. I keep my goods picked up as much as I can, but when you have neighbors who are 14 to 20 times your strength and 3 to 4 ages ahead of you it is an unfair advantage. I have a neighbor who is almost 1 million in power and I am only 55k in power. He goes through the neighborhood hitting all us lower level people with tanks and snipers....we have swords and knights. That is like having kids fight Marines using a stick to defend themselves. So these high ranking neighbors get tons of goods and coins as if it is nothing. They also rule in the tower games. As far as getting bp's most of us are in guilds and get plenty of bp's. So suggesting that we aid the same people who are tearing through us just so we might get a bp...that is crazy. This is too far unbalanced and needs to be fixed.

The other thing that has been off lately is that I have had the same bullies in my Neighborhood for several months, they never go away, it used to be that after a month or so you got a change of players, now you get rid once in awhile a lower player, and always the ones that never fight and you get lower players in return. None of the top players go away !!!!!!!! And I am in the Modern Era, but all my bullies are one or two Era's ahead of me and have extensive fighting abilities, they are playing the tournaments for medals, so they are ruthless and aggressive. Can someone check to see if there is something wrong with the system, or fix it so that each players is only in the same Neighborhood for a limited time frame?????

DeletedUser8861

If you are in modern era and the neighbors are in Post Modern or Contemporary era, that is reasonable....(1-2 ages). A recent proposal that was sent to the developers asked them to change neighborhoods so that they are no more than two ages apart, meaning even if the proposal is implemented by the developers, that you would still be in a similar neighborhood.

DeletedUser22736

The best defense for this is if the game developers would work to make it fair. when you have neighbors who are 14 to 20 times your strength and 3 to 4 ages ahead of you it is an unfair advantage. So suggesting that we aid the same people who are tearing through us just so we might get a bp...that is crazy. This is too far unbalanced and needs to be fixed.

I agree totally with Troi,
FoE "How can I defend against someone so far advanced?"
I am in Colonial Age and I keep getting plundered daily by people in the Contemporary Age
(There should never be a 6 age gap)
2.5 million points (top ten in my neighborhood, Contemporary Age) vs 100k points (Me in Colonial Age), yeah that's fair!

Here is what is going to happen. I am quickly losing interest in this game and will just go play some other game out there if it is not addressed and changed soon. I will wait 2 weeks for the neighborhood to change, then may go back to WoW!

Susannah the Good

Losing interest fast, also

I agree totally with Troi,
FoE "How can I defend against someone so far advanced?"
I am in Colonial Age and I keep getting plundered daily by people in the Contemporary Age
(There should never be a 6 age gap)
2.5 million points (top ten in my neighborhood, Contemporary Age) vs 100k points (Me in Colonial Age), yeah that's fair!

Here is what is going to happen. I am quickly losing interest in this game and will just go play some other game out there if it is not addressed and changed soon. I will wait 2 weeks for the neighborhood to change, then may go back to WoW!

My situation is nearly identical. The top player in my neighborhood has 4.5 million points to my 90K - 6 ages in difference and he attacks me daily. This should be changed to limit the age differences OR advanced players should only be able to attack with units from the defender's age.

Mustapha00

Judging by how bad the AI defense is for fights where both the player and the AI are in the same age, I'm going to seriously doubt that there is any real hope that you can defend against someone in a more advanced age than you are.

Now, that said, I know of one thing that you can do, and that is to build housing and production facilities that best match the number of times per day you think you can regularly play. If you know that you can play really often (like perhaps on a cell phone), then build quick duration facilities- like 15 minutes or an hour. If you can't be on but, say, once in the morning and once at night, build long duration facilities (4 hours, 8 hours or 1 day). If you know that you are going to collect only morning and night and you set things for 8 hours production, chances are you'll be there to collect your goodies rather than seeing them plundered.

DeletedUser

Or, just get more buildings into production. If you get Plundered 5 times a day, having 5 extra buildings of the type getting Plundered means you still get what you want/need each day. Yes, it takes more space and yes, you'll grow slower than if you weren't getting plundered, but you'll still progress and eventually the higher age bullies will rotate out of your neighborhood.

DeletedUser17558

I got plundered early and as soon as I had 24 hour population buildings I built them and set ALL my productions to 24 hours. Over that 24 hours all your populationa and supply buildings should get motivated, and you can collect everything at once. If you know you can be on at a regularly scheduled time (I know, not always possible) then you have a better chance of avoiding getting plundered. Now that I am closer to the top, I still have 24 hour productions for everything.

DeletedUser21848

This is part of the problem though and causes much bullying/griefing. So the era may be within that range, but the power points are no where close to each other. How do you defend against someone that is more than 100K above you? You cannot.

DeletedUser8428

You're attentive to the wrong thing. Points have little to do with anything. Points are not a visual of military might.

Points are simply a reflection of 1) points earned during any battle (and you earn more points for battling those stronger than you, not those weaker) 2) how many coins you earn/have 3) how many resources you earn/have 3) in the higher levels, GB levels also contribute to this (and it's likely the goods collected and some other things do also).

Almost every point I have has been earned by doing whatever I have to do to earn more coins and resources. My battle points were earned on the map, not by battling neighbors. If I am in the same era as you (same army) but have worked on my GB attack boosts, I am more powerful than you are, even if I have lower points. Someone with higher points in your era may, in fact, not be as strong as you are.

So if you're freaking out about people in your neighborhood having higher points than you do, let it go.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8796

Yeah points mean nothing you can have players lower in ERA than yours and their points are just higher so they will show up higher in the neighborhood list. you should focus on the ERA points mean nothing, you should focus on the ERA points mean nothing, you should focus on the ERA points mean nothing. Had to put it multiple times BC it seems like we always get complaints about points.