• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

uneven playing field

AncientArthil

The game is set to favor those on the east coast of the US, timewise. When the big events start at 8 AM their time, it is onlt 5 AM on the west coast. Those of us out here can hardly be expected to get up that early for Battleground or GvG, putting us always at a disadvantage. Is there anything that can be done to level the playing field or otherwise recognize the time difference and give West Coast some help?

MJ Artisan of War

Move to the East Coast.... or at least don't whine like a Left Coaster?
They could run all servers on GMT time.... You would be way more annoyed...
Also, don't try beta... The time there will REALLY annoy thee....

Jackshat

The game is set to favor those on the east coast of the US, timewise. When the big events start at 8 AM their time, it is onlt 5 AM on the west coast. Those of us out here can hardly be expected to get up that early for Battleground or GvG, putting us always at a disadvantage. Is there anything that can be done to level the playing field or otherwise recognize the time difference and give West Coast some help?
Ancient, while many guilds want to get that great start at 0800 on day 1, West Coast players, who don't want to get up at 0500 hrs, only have to deal with "day 1 start time" ONCE every GBG campaign.

However, East Coast players, have to stay up til midnight, if they wish to use reset to go on the offensive with fresh attrition. And, that's for 11 days of GBG. It's 2100 hours on the West Coast at reset. What are YOU doing at 2100 hrs? ;) I bet East Coasters who need to be in bed at reset are wishing they were on the West Coast!

Think about it...

The Angry Blanket

I get up at 5 am.

Ebeondi Asi

Sorry dude you are heading for the closest dumpster with that attitude. As usual, the person calling names is the well deserving owner of the insult he is trying to pin others with. .

The Lady Redneck

Not everyone on the American servers are in the USA. they play on the USA servers because they like them better. I am in the UK so am on GMT. in our guild we have members from different parts of Europe, South America and also the far east. GVG recalc for the guys in China is around breakfast time for me it is at 1 AM in the morning. Those in Europe are also in different time zones And what the times are in South America i have no idea. To us it all just adds to the fun of the game.

But if the USA server times do not suit you, then try the other international servers until you find one that does. am pretty sure most will have English Speaking guilds as well.

MKPapa

West Coast has its own advantages as well. You flip few sectors just after midnight EST with 0 attrition, and collect at least till the East Coast morning because there are not many players to flip it back from you until at least 8am EST.

Pericles the Lion

Your reply reminds me of why we moved west; the east is full of ass holes! At least the other two people gave me reasonable responses. Enjoy being snowed in.
I'm from the Mid-Atlantic but lived in SoCal for many years. The east doesn't have a monopoly on A""holes. The big difference is that the ones on the west coast have better tans. :cool:

Xenosaur

In summary: "Dear Inno - Please change the functioning of time itself. Much appreciated."

Yes, there is a skunkworks project in the FoE development backroom, to redesign the universe's celestial mechanics to make everything on Earth time-egalitarian. Pay no attention the lack or abundance of sunlight - as they say when it's time for an afternoon libation - it's 5 o'clock somewhere.

Instead, it will be the same GbG start time (of course, am and pm will be shown the door, too...) everywhere

But don't worry. You don't need to get your diamonds out to pay for it once completed. LOTS OF CASH - only.

Last edited: