• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Unfair and Unrealistic Required Threads

I sent this following message to support team and they said post it somewhere in the forum. This may not be the place but here it goes.

I am going to tell you now that after many years of playing this game I am probably going to drop out. A quest that requires you to dump 4 military buildings is really too much. Your quests are designed to luse diamonds I assume. You are driving me away from the game.

Addition: If you ignore the quest you don't follow the tone of the game an loose out on all following quests. Lets be fair and reasonable.

DeletedUser

I sent this following message to support team and they said post it somewhere in the forum. This may not be the place but here it goes.

I am going to tell you now that after many years of playing this game I am probably going to drop out. A quest that requires you to dump 4 military buildings is really too much. Your quests are designed to luse diamonds I assume. You are driving me away from the game.

Addition: If you ignore the quest you don't follow the tone of the game an loose out on all following quests. Lets be fair and reasonable.
I'm trying to figure out what this post has to do with the thread title:
Unfair and Unrealistic Required Threads
As far as a quest requiring you to dump (sell?) 4 military buildings, what's the big deal? Make a space in your city, build each one then sell it. Quest fulfilled. Unless there's some nuance you've left out.
Incidentally, support frequently tells people to "post it in the Forum". It's their way of getting rid of you. LOL

DeletedUser26965

Wonder what quest it is. If it's sell any barracks then Spearfighter Barracks is an easy cheap choice but even if it wasn't I don't think any are all that crazy expensive especially to make one quit. Of course I guess we all have our own personal standards. What I find striking as well is this post is from someone whose been around since 2012.

Well yes I have been around so I should take it in stride. How ever that is a big price to pay to continue the quest line. I did not post the title well and I rarely use the forum anyway. I guess I am just getting board with the game and if I could find a suitable replacement I would. Chalk it up to an old man's grumpiness.

DeletedUser32328

Out of curiosity: what quest is this and when does it occur?

DeletedUser31498

The real absurd one is the un-abortable quest in INDY "New Frontiers," which makes one scout FOUR provinces. I mean that to me is totally unreasonable without spending diamonds.

Peace Quest and for this world I am in the Modern Era. As for time commitment you could wait for months to fulfill a quest but I do like to finish the quests with a reasonable period of time. The required story line quests are the only ones that in some cases seem unrealistic. Like what originally set me off was to dump 4 military bases in my era. I really only have two so I dump them pay to build two more then dump them then rebuild them back so I can pay to have all the troops reestablish which will eventually cost diamonds for the last troops. I use alcatraz to build up my troops and really do not need to rebuild all my troops again.

PS: it is not the coin and supplies that I will use up but the diamonds that will eventually be required to rebuild troop strength. Just my pet peeve. I am retired and on somewhat of a limited income and I use diamonds sparingly.

RazorbackPirate

PS: it is not the coin and supplies that I will use up but the diamonds that will eventually be required to rebuild troop strength. Just my pet peeve. I am retired and on somewhat of a limited income and I use diamonds sparingly.
There are no diamonds required for troops. You can choose to spend diamonds to open the last slot, but why? Especially if you have Traz, there is zero benefit for doing so.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

You don't have to sell the barracks you have. Just make a space in your city where the cheapest or smallest (your choice) barracks will fit. Then start one there, immediately sell it and start another. You don't even have to wait until they're finished, just start and sell. Repeat until you've done 4. Then you don't have to pay to repurchase the Diamond slot troops from your present barracks.

DeletedUser8428

Peace Quest and for this world I am in the Modern Era. As for time commitment you could wait for months to fulfill a quest but I do like to finish the quests with a reasonable period of time. The required story line quests are the only ones that in some cases seem unrealistic. Like what originally set me off was to dump 4 military bases in my era. I really only have two so I dump them pay to build two more then dump them then rebuild them back so I can pay to have all the troops reestablish which will eventually cost diamonds for the last troops. I use alcatraz to build up my troops and really do not need to rebuild all my troops again.
Not sure what the beef is? Leave your two current barracks alone. build the cheapest barracks of your era. As soon as it's built, sell it. Build it again. Sell it. Rinse and repeat. And always be certain that the quest specifies your current era. Often it does not, and you can build/sell/build/sell a spearfighter barracks.

DeletedUser26965

Well yes I have been around so I should take it in stride. How ever that is a big price to pay to continue the quest line. I did not post the title well and I rarely use the forum anyway. I guess I am just getting board with the game and if I could find a suitable replacement I would. Chalk it up to an old man's grumpiness.
Would be nice if you can post the title so we know exactly what quest it is but it's okay as I think I found the quest. I believe it's titled Peace Movement and yes I see it's "Sell 4 military buildings from your age". Looking at your city you have the room to build a Heavy Weapons Center, sell it and repeat 3 more times. And just in case you might not be aware you don't have to wait until it's completed building. That will cost 732,000 Coins and 776,000 Supplies to complete that portion of the quest.

I mentioned your start date not to be judgemental but because I figure anyone playing that long would clearly have enough coins and supplies that it wouldn't even be a blip on the radar to do the quest but I see you started on U world I guess back in June/July of 2017 and that is not your main city but even still I would think just over a year now in one city you should easily be able to cover the costs of coins and supplies.

You say it's not about the coins and supplies though and about units and diamonds. As others have mentioned this doesn't make any sense as you don't need to do anything with units or diamonds regarding building and selling the military buildings, just plant the new military building and sell it off right away, the only costs you'll incur are coins and supplies.

Just another tip but it's important to play close attention to the wording regarding quests and be creative with them. There are many examples but here is one, if a quest requires you to delete some units you don't have to delete your units you have but you can make Spearfighters real quick and delete those units instead of your current age units. Of course if it says "from your age" then it's a different story and you'll need to delete ME units as that is the age you're in. Since you have a level 9 Traz that gives you 7 units a day which is only a day's and a half worth or so of units to delete.

Last edited by a moderator:

RazorbackPirate

Just another tip but it's important to play close attention to the wording regarding quests and be creative with them. There are many examples but here is one, if a quest requires you to delete some units you don't have to delete your units you have but you can make Spearfighters real quick and delete those units instead of your current age units.
I did something similar with the summer Event. The majority of the recruit unit quests just said 'Recruit x number of units' so I built a spearfighter barracks, recruited, deleted, and recruited until I had the units I needed. It's so quick, 90 seconds - 2 min. later, the quest was complete. I used the fan Wiki to look ahead, so when I got the 'Recruit number of units from your age or the previous age," quest, I just did two or three quadrants in GE Level 2 or 3 until I had enough units. Pay attention to the wording and think outside the box.