• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Unfair pairing of advanced players with moderate players in neighborhoods

DeletedUser

I would just like to voice my opposition to pairing advanced players with moderately progressed players in the same neighborhood. There is no Industrial or Progressive defense against 8 Universal tanks or 8 Rocket Launchers.
I know it's all in the spirit of the game but this situation is fairly untenable. If this neighborhood occupation lasts more than 2 weeks the result could be devastating to all our new and defenseless guild members. There is no other way to prepare for this type of unbalanced onslaught. In my neighborhood alone the top 40 players have 1,000,000 points or more. I am very proud of my progress to almost 300,000 but I have no business trying to defend my city against the advanced units being used to raid and plunder my and other cities.
I will continue to play the game and try to defend my resources but at this point the enjoyment has turned to fear and uneasiness. I thank you for your time and consideration,
efexed #11 in East Nagach Elite.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Well - since they won't fix this why don't you just take a vacation until the neighborhood changes again? Or disconnect your roads? If they can't get anything from you, they will eventually leave you alone.

DeletedUser

Completely agree!

Just returned from vacation.. the internet service at my resort was restricted and wouldn't let me load FOE. Because I didn't call my son and have him play for me (which would have been a breech of the rules and possibly gotten me banned), I was moved to a neighborhood where my industrial age town has been getting constantly plundered by post-modern troops.

If you ask me, this is a good way to get players to quit the game. The agreement that I accepted stated that inactivity for 30 days would possible result in your town being taken out of the game. It did not state that you better not go on vacation or else. I have contacted in game support for assistance. I hope they can help. Until then, I will just not produce anything. 20 raids and plunders a day are just moving me backwards. The game is not so much fun anymore. I don't know about the anther players, but fun is the reason i started playing this game.

DeletedUser8796

>.< i'm just waiting for this to happen to me (it probably will when i move into ME )

Alfred Rex

What I don't understand is why the game developers can't write a sort function that would make neighborhoods more competitive. I would be OK with plunderers if I at least had a reasonable chance to defend or counter-attack. I play in several worlds and it is not uncommon that in one or two of them I reduce my activity to hopefully wait-out grossly unbalanced neighborhoods. Just recently I've lost two guild members who just got tired of being victimized by unbalanced neighborhoods and left the game.

DeletedUser13051

I'm really angry, because I got moved into a neighborhood now where the top player has 112,000 points, next person in the neighborhood has 76,000, and there's me, down in the #70s, with less than 10,000. And the guy at the top is blackmailing everyone for 4 forge points a week on his GBs to be a decent person and not attack/plunder the defenseless. I'm only early middle ages. He's late middle ages and way bigger than my little town. And I've been playing a lot! I didn't just disappear for two weeks. This makes me want to disappear until I get new neighbors though. This is BS. I don't really want to give away forge points to some random jerk.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser13328

This latest neighborhood shuffle is interesting I ended up in with 6 others in HMA (who were all in my last neighborhood) and 1 in LMA around same points, and then the post modern era begins How is that a possibility?

DeletedUser

I am in the same boat.

Same thing here, and was glad to see your post as I thought I had lost my mind. I cannot defend against anyone in our neighborhood and as I usually play by iPad, I cannot join a guild or message people or even use this forum unless I use the computer. I got this game to play on my iPad...now I don't know what to do.

DeletedUser13337

Try talking tot he person plundering you and see if you can come to a deal..

DeletedUser14525

To sum this up: Top player in my neighborhood is over 10 million points and the bottom player is only 50k. ^^^^^ Now that is unfair.^^^^^

You will truly be disgusted with the game when you are placed in the neighborhood with the top ranked players. I sat at LMA for a couple of months and never moved neighborhoods. Advanced to Colonial for the Winter Event and was finally moved (This put me at 100k+ points). Only problem. I was moved into a neighborhood with MeatButcher (top ranked person on E world if you didn't know). Not only that. My neighborhood contains 5 of the top 10 ranked players and half of my neighborhood is in the top 50. Yes, it stinks that I have to be diligent with collecting my Goods. I feel worse for the bottom 5 in my neighborhood which are LMA (under 60k points). The highlight to this experience is that my Guild Leader has made extra efforts to contact the players plundering me and I now have 3 new friends. A couple of others agreed to stop plundering.

DeletedUser28213

I am a new player and have been plundered about 3 or 4 times. When I go to the plunder's village, I find that they have bigger and better armies than I do. I had thought of leaving the game since I do not see this as fair. It would be different if I could meet someone in a fair battle (I just reached the Iron Age). I play other Multiple Player games where you can determine the strength and through strategy I can overcome even stronger opponents. Here that is not an option to my knowledge. I hope the developers will find a way to make these match ups a bit more competitive in the same strength in forces.

DeletedUser30015

I am a new player and have been plundered about 3 or 4 times. When I go to the plunder's village, I find that they have bigger and better armies than I do. I had thought of leaving the game since I do not see this as fair. It would be different if I could meet someone in a fair battle (I just reached the Iron Age). I play other Multiple Player games where you can determine the strength and through strategy I can overcome even stronger opponents. Here that is not an option to my knowledge. I hope the developers will find a way to make these match ups a bit more competitive in the same strength in forces.
Welcome life. Every predator goes after a weaker victim. Just take precautions,when you go to a new neighborhood immediately polish everyone. But realize that just like in real life there will always be A-holes.

DeletedUser30015

I'm really angry, because I got moved into a neighborhood now where the top player has 112,000 points, next person in the neighborhood has 76,000, and there's me, down in the #70s, with less than 10,000. And the guy at the top is blackmailing everyone for 4 forge points a week on his GBs to be a decent person and not attack/plunder the defenseless. I'm only early middle ages. He's late middle ages and way bigger than my little town. And I've been playing a lot! I didn't just disappear for two weeks. This makes me want to disappear until I get new neighbors though. This is BS. I don't really want to give away forge points to some random jerk.
Don't. Just time all you production buildings and goods buildings to come due at the same time. Also when you arrive in a new neighborhood polish/motivate everyone so you send a message that you are not here to fight.

DeletedUser13838

To paraphrase an ancient king: You want my forge points? Come and take them!

DeletedUser27849

I am in the same boat.

Same thing here, and was glad to see your post as I thought I had lost my mind. I cannot defend against anyone in our neighborhood and as I usually play by iPad, I cannot join a guild or message people or even use this forum unless I use the computer. I got this game to play on my iPad...now I don't know what to do.

You can join a guild while on the App, I have half my guild plays on the App.

The Lady Redneck

It is not really that long ago since the neighborhoods became age specific. Before then it was even worse as the top 5 or so members of each hood were almost all high age players. You could be in EMA and have to contend with ME or even higher age bully boys with demands on their profiles for you to donate to their GBs or get robbed daily. I simply put a note on mine telling them they had a snowballs chance in hell of getting a FP from me and made sure to collect everything so they got nothing. We survived it and got stronger for it, Yes it is annoying to get attacked and plundered. But it is possible to build your own strengths up to fight someone in your own age.