• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Unfair trades

I get that sometimes unfair trades are appropriate (for example when I acquired the goods for my Arc -Yay!).

But I often see trade offers in the market that just don't seem to make sense for anybody to take. For example, I am currently seeing an offer of 90 wine for 60 gold. If it was possible to do at a fair trade (which it isn't because the two goods are 2 eras apart), the appropriate rate would be 90:30. Another example, I am seeing 90 wine for 80 cloth. This one can be done at a fair trade rate of 90:45.

Seemingly someone is charging exorbitant rates for their goods, and expecting the buyer to pay a forge point for the privilege of being gouged.

Am I missing some blatantly obvious reason why these trade offers are viable? Or is someone just hoping to snare a sucker?

Pickleweasel

I have no clue on the real intent behind the types of trades you are describing, but I will accept some of those during events to complete event quests of gathering goods. I don't really care about anything in eras that old so I'll just aim for the trade that gives me the quantity I need for a quest.

Ebeondi Asi

Bad trades are legal. They are made for catching players who are drunk stoned sleepy or confused. Always a good chance to get something at some one else expense.
It is hard to remember what Good is what Era for all items. The fact is the same players seem to have endless piles of such trades.
I stick with Guild traders.

Agent327

There are no such things as unfair trades. You are free to trade whatever you like if the system accepts it.

Unfair trades are a player invention.Not something the game comes with. Game has an option for "fair trade" but that is all but "fair".

Ebeondi Asi

Historically some players trid to change the sytem of what was called fair trade (2:1 trade down and 1:2 trade up each adjacent Era to a sort of cost based system that was rather complicated in the higher Era, but insisted on by some Guilds. In the past year that has nearly completely disappeared from use. And the standard 2:1 1:2 base is accepted again by pretty much everyone as Fair. The system is locked into trades that ratio between 2:1 and 1:2 however players do jump multiple Era to try for or to give better deals.
I agree with the 1:2 2:1 as Fair between adjacent Eras, though it seems there are still players (Agent327?) who do not think so.
The largest problem facing the Market in the past year is the fact one Era previous is in such high demand, that the Market is totally dominated by trading down.
Trading ups are so rare they seem to be snached up by players not needing those Goods. LOL
Between the need for one Era down for Negotiations, and Research, the fact also that a lot of players give high level Goods to lower level players to trade down, and players get high level Goods from Truce Tower too. Ove teh past year plus the market has become nearly 100% trade Down. This should mean trade up should be more valuable than trade down. But so far no sweeping change in the basic 2:1 1:2 has arisen.

Last edited:
I have no clue on the real intent behind the types of trades you are describing, but I will accept some of those during events to complete event quests of gathering goods. I don't really care about anything in eras that old so I'll just aim for the trade that gives me the quantity I need for a quest.
Have you tried doing circle trades within your guild? That works like a charm for those quests.

Bad trades are legal. They are made for catching players who are drunk stoned sleepy or confused. Always a good chance to get something at some one else expense.
It is hard to remember what Good is what Era for all items. The fact is the same players seem to have endless piles of such trades.
I stick with Guild traders.
That was pretty much my take on it. And yes, some players seem to have nothing better to do than spend their time creating these trades.

Last edited:

P C C

The largest problem facing the Market in the past year is the fact one Era previous is in such high demand, that the Market is totally dominated by trading down.
Trading ups are so rare they seem to be snached up by players not needing those Goods. LOL
That depends on lots of circumstances - era, eras of friends and guildies, ... I only trade up, and I've had increasing frequency of trades expiring. But I'm trading current era for next era, not previous for current so neighbors are less likely to be interested

Ebeondi Asi

That depends on lots of circumstances - era, eras of friends and guildies, ... I only trade up, and I've had increasing frequency of trades expiring. But I'm trading current era for next era, not previous for current so neighbors are less likely to be interested
That is unusual.
You may need to fix up your Friends list? The best partners for one up are Guildmates. but then you need to be in a relatively big Guild for the best use of that group to trade.

Ebeondi Asi

Then I would work on getting more Friends who are one Era up from you as the best solution to trade up One up want the previous Era goods,

wolfhoundtoo

The advantage of a 1 person guild is access to GE and GBG which you can't do if you aren't in a guild. Those are the only reasons i can think of to form a guild for yourself rather than staying solo. Well no I guess there might be another one as I believe now and then event quests require donations to the guild (although I thought there were options to those quests these days but i'm not sure).

Johnny B. Goode

That would be a disadvantage to being in a 1 person guild.

May I ask what are the advantages?
Advantages of a one person Guild.
Not having to find a Guild.
Not ever having to aid other Guildies every day..
Never worrying about Guildies in Eras not well supported by the Treasury.
No one can kick you out.
No in Guild Drama.
Play exactly how and when you want.
Also, being able to participate in GE, GBG and GvG how and when you want with no artificial (such as guild) restrictions or requirements.