Units Assigned to Military Buildings (See Pictures)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HitMaN 100

Proposal
To show what military buildings that attached units are attached to, so players know which building they're using a unit from.

Current System (if applicable)
No Current system. When using attached units we are blind to which building those units are being pulled from.

Details
When choosing attached military units to fight or defend, players should be able to see which building those attached units are being pulled from, so that players can determine where they should pull from for the best military strategy.

Abuse Prevention
No Abuse possible.

Visual Aids
This one shows an idea of what the Army Management page might look like:

This one shows an idea of what the different military building windows might look like:

Conclusion
I know some people say that its more of a challenge when assigned units aren't there, and that, that is the point of the game to not know which buildings units are coming from, but honestly, would this make this game any less fun? NO, in fact it would help so that you are using and training your army evenly. Please vote yes! Thanks community.

Comparison to Previous Proposal - https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com/showthread.php?4750-New-Army-Management
The previous proposal has many proposals stacked into one thread. My proposal is just one proposal.

Also I believe that my proposal is a lot more helpful with the visual aids that were included. I'm not trying to change the entire army management page or design, just to which building the army be assigned to. Thank you!

Last edited:

pygalgia

This would certainly be handy, as would having the display show attached separate from unattached, and healthy before wounded, without having to filter manually which is a real pain in the heat of a GvG battle. Of course, I usually kill off so many armies at a time that all the barracks are producing at the same time.

HitMaN 100

Updated!
So the previous proposal ( https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com/showthread.php?4750-New-Army-Management ) was more complicated than what I'm proposing. It goes more into depth of how unattached units should be identified as well as changing the window from rows into columns, etc.. In other words the author has MANY proposals stacked into one message thread. Mine is just what military units are assigned to what military buildings alone.

Last edited:

Shaunypoo

This is a well thought out suggestion that I can get behind. I remember the previous proposal and what you said about it is true. This is much simpler and attains the same goal without all the extra crap that was in the first. A simple solution to a minor, but inconvenient, problem.

Oskie66

I like this idea very much and the graphics are great. Really makes it easy for all to see how it would work. You have my support.

HitMaN 100

Thank you guys. Really appreciate it but keep em coming! Need as much support as possible so that the devs will look at it.

joesmokie

I support it. Very good illustration to go along with the idea. Makes it easier to support!

jaelis

Yes, after it's been under discussion for 2 weeks, and has gotten multiple people in support, then you can post the idea to the nomination thread. I'll take it to voting after that.

ObsidianDiego

If the other old fossil could throw in his two cents, I agree this is a good idea. I would like to suggest though that rather than just numerals which are hard to read on very small screens, use visual colors say orange for 1, blue for 2, red for 3, green for 4, etc. to better assist the people on tables, phones, or other devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.