• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Universal Medical Care -- Supreme Court Ruling

DeletedUser

Well Texas has always been a state that all other states should model themselves after (for most things). If it was not for the killer bees lol I would move there. There are just so many states that do not have the pull, power, wealth, population, that Texas has, so the feds have them by the throat and they know it.

I am not against health care reform either. Just this joke that this is health care reform. The hospitals love it. The insurance companies are going to get richer from it. How does saying you must have it solve anything. I am having flashbacks of how mandatory car insurance was going to lower my rates and health care cost. Neither of which happened. The government made a killing off of the law tho with the countless fines (ummm I mean "taxes") they have collected from people not having it. I see the same thing for this. It is just another way to generate revenue for the government.

If they were serious they would stop the lobbying of the big drug companies, heath care companies and insurance companies. Tho they do not. What they do is continue to pee on us and tell us it is rain. Maybe it is cuz I have a job were I must be a liaison between a company and the government. The company keeps saying all these rules are crap and are adding all these huge cost (which is just going to raise the cost of the contract to the feds). But the feds keep saying that it is not crap, it is fertilizer and promotes growth. lol Well I guess crap does do that as well.

I look at my WWRRD (What would Ronald Reagan do) bracelet and it is telling me that he would not like this idea. So it must be bad!!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

What happened with this ruling and the Chief Justice Roberts opinion is that now we will be taxed for doing nothing, and therefore we have lost what little illusion of freedom we had. Rationing and doctor shortages are coming if this law is allowed to stand. Those of you that are all for this please remember what we had because these will be the good days.

DeletedUser3

Hi Randthor, may I recommend you provide evidence in support of your assertions, otherwise it stands as a slippery slope fallacy.

DeletedUser

When the Justice called the individual mandate a tax instead of a mandate that in effect serves as a penalty to those who don't purchase insurance. It is a small step for the government then to say to fat people to exercise and/ or join a gym, if you don't they tax you. When the people in charge find out that doctors start getting out of practicing medicine the logical thing to happen is going to be rationing.(Just look at the UK)

DeletedUser3

Umm, where's the evidence to support your assertions? Additional assertions does not serve as evidence. ;)

DeletedUser

I'm not trying to change anyone's mind and I hope I'm wrong. The power out of Washington is so much more than what was allowed by the Constitution. The progressive have worked 100 years to change us from a republic to mob rule, i e democracy, (where the 51% enslave the 49%).

DeletedUser

(where the 51% enslave the 49%)

Because things like the filibuster, veto override, and the Senate (which has 2 senators per state regardless of population) don't exist. Might I also remind you of the 2000 election, where the popular vote went to Gore but the electoral votes went to Bush.

DeletedUser3

So how does all of this tie in with the topic of this discussion?

DeletedUser34

I found this link enlightening. I am specifically curious about Dark Lotus's opinions.
CNN Presents:Health Insurance

EDIT: hahahahaha, and Texas did it again :p
Rick Perry just announced Texas has opted out of ObamaCare. Thats cuz weez got STonZ!!!

DeletedUser

I found this link enlightening. I am specifically curious about Dark Lotus's opinions.
CNN Presents:Health Insurance
Surprise! When it comes to health insurance, the good ol' U.S.A. have been the joke of the developed world. No amount of fallacious arguments from ultra right-wing advocates will change that; shame we don't have more moderate republicans like you Dom ;)

/me quickly steps back from the bait and watches intently.

DeletedUser34

It is just a shame they didn't deal with insurance company greed, and tort reform in this. That was where the Democrats screwed up IMO. I think we will find this bill an absolute nightmare long term because they didn't deal with the root problem. Personally, I have always found the German medical system most attractive...but that is just me. (and the only one I have actually looked deeply into)

Here is another bug (off topic I know)
If the republican party doesn't get its party cohesive, and Romney doesn't get out there and discuss his solutions...I may not be voting Republican for the first time in 22 years. I figure, I know what I hate about Obama, and I know what to expect, Romney is looking more an more two faced, and just plain meally mouthed (political talking while saying nothing) and it is really beginning to TICK me off. I'd rather stay in a frying pan than jump into the fire. And this is sad because I have been active in the party for many years. (I guess I'd be called a rank and file)

DeletedUser1047

why shouldn't health care be considered a commodity? why shouldn't a doctor be compensated for the years of training and for the long hours put into building their practice? i do not want incompetent doctors working in a health factory making money based on the number of patients seen a day. if you remove incentive for becoming a doctor then you will find shortages of doctors -- right now many doctors are deciding whether they will continue to see medicare patients because compensation is so low. There are lots of unintended consequences -- government programs are very expensive.

http://www.forbes.com/2008/05/05/physicians-training-prospects-lead-careers-cx_tw_0505doctors.html

http://www.postbulletin.com/news/stories/display.php?id=1503876

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/04/02/business/retirementspecial/02health.html

DeletedUser34

why shouldn't health care be considered a commodity? why shouldn't a doctor be compensated for the years of training and for the long hours put into building their practice? i do not want incompetent doctors working in a health factory making money based on the number of patients seen a day. if you remove incentive for becoming a doctor then you will find shortages of doctors -- right now many doctors are deciding whether they will continue to see medicare patients because compensation is so low. There are lots of unintended consequences -- government programs are very expensive.

http://www.forbes.com/2008/05/05/physicians-training-prospects-lead-careers-cx_tw_0505doctors.html

http://www.postbulletin.com/news/stories/display.php?id=1503876

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/04/02/business/retirementspecial/02health.html

I disagree based off of a link I have posted previously.
Also, when some nurse friends of mine were griping about this, and about their change in financial compensation possibly, I asked how much money Nurses and Doctors made back in the day. Seems to me, that if you get into it for money only, then you miss a key factor for the industry. The medical industry has not always been a money hungry greedy industry.

DeletedUser3

The issue is not compensation for doctors, this is a false sell, a scam of sorts. The real issues are emergency medical care requirements with no compensation for medical facilities (a Federal mandate with no Federal or State compense), insurance programs dictating to doctors what services they can perform, malpractice costs, pharmaceutical research expenses (investors want their profits), medical supplier holding to ridiculous costs for their products, and of course the "stock market housed" insurance companies that charge ridiculously high premiums to hospitals, individual doctors, medical suppliers, pharmaceutical companies, pharmacies, pharmacists, nurses, and essentially all medical personnel.

Everyone wants a piece of the medical pie, and thus investors pose their investments in insurance companies that provide the most profits every year. This is a crash model, but it is popular in this and many other industries (housing market anyone?).