• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Universal upgrade kits

Jern2017

In all of the recent events, like the last year's Summer, Fall and Winter event and this year's Forge Bowl Event (I can't say that was the case with this year's Carnival Event as I did not complete it) it was completely possible for an active player making the right decision to obtain one fully upgraded event building.

Obtaining enough upgrades to fully upgrade another building required spending diamonds. Since selling diamonds is the main way the developers of this game earn money, I can't imagine they'd introduce upgrade kits, much less universal upgrade kits for more event buildings anytime soon.

I certainly wouldn't mind seeing more upgrade kits as I'd love to have more than one of some of the event buildings, but I'm a strong no on universal upgrade kits, which would make upgrading event buildings too easy if you could just decide on which building you want/need to upgrade.

DeletedUser31420

I would too. I've got a few along with a few level 1's and spare upgrades stashed away in inventory.

I also think implementing this proposal would be a bonehead decision for Inno to make. I'm also fully aware that Inno knows we want them to make them available at some point. I also know they will make them available to us, or not, based on their own schedule, for their own purposes.

Case in point, Spring Selection Kits in the Spring Event. Knowing we want them, they made them available on their schedule for their reasons. After the event, they'll do the same thing. Hang onto them until next year, add them to new or reshuffled Cherry Garden Chest in DC, who knows? They do. That's the point.

Proposal - Hey Inno, I want free stuff to finish the free stuff I wasn't able to finish for free cause you had to pay if you wanted to finish it. So now that I can't even pay to finish it anymore,;) can you make a way to get it for free now? I know I could have paid to get them in the event last week, but that was last week when it wasn't free and I didn't want to pay, so now that the event is over and I can't even buy it anymore,;) can you please give it to me for free? Now?

And that would be a fair counterpoint, except that you ignored the rest of my comment, which was, "I do think if something like this were to be made available, that it should be a single-level, single-use upgrade (like one-up boosts). I would also be interested in seeing how such a thing could be earned, because it shouldn't be easy."

Would ya look at that? It's almost like I don't want or expect it to be widely accessible or free. Amazing how context does that.

DeletedUser36624

The major problem that I see is that if something like this exists, then some people will assume they can and will get it, and get plenty of it regardless of any explanation of how hard it is or how rare it is. Then they will come here and bi--, er, complain about how hard or rare it is and Inno should make it easier to get. More complaints about the evil RNGhettiMonster. People even assume that things that don't exist will someday exist and make decisions now based on that belief. How much more will they do that with something that actually does exist.

RazorbackPirate

And that would be a fair counterpoint, except that you ignored the rest of my comment, which was, "I do think if something like this were to be made available, that it should be a single-level, single-use upgrade (like one-up boosts). I would also be interested in seeing how such a thing could be earned, because it shouldn't be easy."

Would ya look at that? It's almost like I don't want or expect it to be widely accessible or free. Amazing how context does that.
I read that and understood it. I also completely ignored it, because it isn't relevant to my objection. Common, rare, extremely rare, almost impossible to get, it doesn't matter. When it comes to event buildings and upgrade availability, I will leave it up to Inno, who's motivation is to make money. I have no interest in supporting half baked proposals from the free players who's motivation is to get more for free. So, my counterpoint stands.