• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Unpopular Opinion: Future Era is not the best fighting age

Ceres

PE, SAM, VF are both better than it.

FE fighting is slow compared to those ages, and at mid attrition, you will be swapping out units all the time with how OP Hover Tanks are.

PE is easy, you can spam 2 Cannons + 6 Rogues and almost never have to replace your troops, and you'll be fighting faster than in Future Era

SAM using 8 Sentinels with L70 AO is just chef's kiss

VF with L70 AO and Rocket Troops is very easy and fast spamming fights

Yeah, reaching high attrition is easiest in FE, but who cares? If you're in a good guild almost every sector will be 4 SC or higher, GBG IS A SPEED GAME

The best fighting age has to be PE, I wasn't there long on my side world, but I was spamming fights really fast with RFC and Rogues.

Unlike those ages, in Future Era, you can't take advantage of an AO as well, because Hover Tanks make it more difficult.

Plus FE has a miserable GE4, Rail Guns + Rogues are nearly impossible to defeat on Autobattle without massive stat boosts. Also 8 Hover Tank teams in GBG are also atrocious to deal with.

So yeah, PE > SAM > VF > FE imo

-Jess1155-

SAM is a troop wasting age. Running all sents not being able to take advantage of rogues, no thanks, glad to be past that mess... Sents were just eaten up and at that time level 100+traz probably 1200-1400 attack 600 attack defense.

Lord Pest

I’m in VF now and I have 270,000 fights. Most are from GBG. My choice is AF… 2 battle fortresses and 6 rogues. In second place would be FE… 2 hovers and 6 rogues. It’s 2 and 6 to cover 2 stage fights. I have a 100 level AO and my other fight bonus GBs are level 101 and my Zeus is level 105. Battle Fortresses are tough as nails. I’m not too impressed with VF Rocket Troops. They can dish it out but can’t take it and require a lot of swapping. I was able to easily go over level 100 attrition in AF. In VF I start losing too many troops in the 70s. Furthest I’ve gone in VF is mid 90s and that was very wasteful of troops.

I can’t comment on ages above VF as I haven’t gotten that far in the game yet. For reference my attack and attack defense is 1461 / 1016.

Just An Observer

One might want to look at the "Iron Giant" concept where one stays in a lower era and uses artillery in rapid battle mode as a way to make hay in GBG. Our guild in C-world is the second best in GBG with only the guild which is the best in all of the USA servers doing better. In that guild, the lower era members score the most points.

-Jess1155-

So you move to SAAB where you will use all Nail Storms and after that SAV with all Energy Cannons.
Not true. Saab 2-3 nails rest rogues. Only have to utilize all nails against all nails after 60-70 attrition.
Sav 2-3 power dragons rest rogues up to 100 attrition except for a battle against all ghost blasters after 60-70 attrition then need 8 energy cannons.

-Jess1155-

One might want to look at the "Iron Giant" concept where one stays in a lower era and uses artillery in rapid battle mode as a way to make hay in GBG. Our guild in C-world is the second best in GBG with only the guild which is the best in all of the USA servers doing better. In that guild, the lower era members score the most points.
Funny, everyone in R world thinks R is best at gbg. Guess in a way everyone thinks their world/guilds are best.
Would be fun to have cross world tournaments to see who is best.
In R there are 4 very strong gbg guilds on par with each other. A few to a handlful a step down and the rest are pretty much mediocre to poor at gbg.

Just An Observer

Look up Dark Souls on C-world. Find the person who has a point rating over 5 billion. Send him a message asking for how he figured out that his guild is #1. Odds are you will be satisfied with the answer as it is numerically based.

Joeyjojojo

Future Era, you can't take advantage of an AO as well, because Hover Tanks make it more difficult.
Explain, please. AO has a chance to crit against same age troops. All units must attack the opponent...and hit...and therefore have a chance to crit. How does AO fail Hover Tanks compared with any other troop attacking same age troops?

-Jess1155-

Look up Dark Souls on C-world. Find the person who has a point rating over 5 billion. Send him a message asking for how he figured out that his guild is #1. Odds are you will be satisfied with the answer as it is numerically based.
One person's high point rank means nothing. Gbg is about people showing up in mass and winning races to keep a farming pinwheel safe from opposing teams that are homebased. Its a team effort not something a single 5g player can do alone.
Unless he has accounts in all top gbg guilds in all worlds, he can think his guild is number 1 and come up with whatever formula and make it sound good sure.

Just An Observer

DS does show up in mass. They do a superb "blur attack". Like I say, just write him and see if what he says sounds good rather than sitting here in a forum speculating with nothing but your take

Pericles the Lion

DS does show up in mass. They do a superb "blur attack". Like I say, just write him and see if what he says sounds good rather than sitting here in a forum speculating with nothing but your take
Over the past year he's consistently averaged over 15,000 battles each week. Pretty fast index finger. LOL

Just An Observer

I have scored 7600 in GBG. When in other guilds where the participation level was lower than the one I am in, the top scorers would hit 15K. No cheats were involved. As I like to say, FoE is not a game you play, it is a game you work. You get out of it what you put into it.

Pericles the Lion

7600 in a GBG season is good. Remember though that a GBG season is 11 days with 3 off - two weeks in total. In your earlier guild the top hitter did 15K. The player that you mentioned above is averaging what would amount to 30K per season. Maybe he does a lot of GVG as well but 15K battles every week is a huge number of clicks to do manually.