• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

unrefined goods

DeletedUser29726

Starting in modern era, making current era goods costs goods of 3 eras previous. This makes colonial age goods an 'unrefined' modern good. GBs that make twice as many unrefined goods in modern therefore make twice as many colonial goods, which you can turn into modern using goods buildings if you so desire.

This ends in Mars where arctic future goods are not used for making mars goods any longer (mars ore is instead). Mars still does use promethium to some extent though, which can consume AF goods.

DeletedUser37731

Starting in modern era, making current era goods costs goods of 3 eras previous. This makes colonial age goods an 'unrefined' modern good. GBs that make twice as many unrefined goods in modern therefore make twice as many colonial goods, which you can turn into modern using goods buildings if you so desire.

will this be explained in more detail when I hit Modern?

DeletedUser38737

...which you can turn into modern using goods buildings if you so desire.
I am preparing to move into modern era. How does this converting unrefined into modern era goods work? Would I need to put back some of the earlier era goods bldgs I deleted to do this?

DeletedUser29726

I am preparing to move into modern era. How does this converting unrefined into modern era goods work? Would I need to put back some of the earlier era goods bldgs I deleted to do this?

Not necessarily. instead of coins+supplies to make goods a modern era goods building takes coins+supplies+a corresponding colonial good. You may want to make it yourself (in which case you would need the colonial goods buildings), but you can also rely on your GBs to make it (LoA, SMB, etc all will be making random colonial goods when you step into modern era) or trade for the unrefined good needed.

DeletedUser29726

you will need to reno them to the age you want them to make though.