• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

unrefined goods

DeletedUser38803

What are unrefined goods and how do they compare to goods earned before modern age

Super Catanian

What are unrefined goods and how do they compare to goods earned before modern age
In the Modern Era, Refined Goods are produced by a new system. Before, you built Goods Buildings corresponding to the Goods Deposits earned in the Continent Map. Easy. Starting with the ME Provinces, you get old Deposits again. In that age, you get one new Bronze Age and one new Colonial Age Goods Deposit.
Goods Buildings (ME) correspond to the oldest Deposits. For example, the Construction Warehouse uses Marble Rock (BA Goods Deposit) to boost it's output. Instead of paying Coins and Supplies, you also have to pay Goods from the CA. GBs help with that, since in the ME, they produce those unrefined CA Goods.
Everything moves up as you age up. In the Postmodern Era, Goods Buildings use Iron Age Goods Deposits and use Industrial Age Goods for producing Goods.

If you've any questions, feel free to ask me.

FriarTuck

Dear Super,

Sorry, but I don't understand you. When I click on a building which produces unrefined goods a little symbol floats upward, just as when I click a rubber plant a rubber symbol floats. But I can't find anywhere they are listed, the way I can with rubber. Also, I don't know how to use them the way I do with rubber. I do know that buildings stop producing old goods and start with unrefined. So, what do I do about, with or to them?

wolfhoundtoo

Dear Super,

Sorry, but I don't understand you. When I click on a building which produces unrefined goods a little symbol floats upward, just as when I click a rubber plant a rubber symbol floats. But I can't find anywhere they are listed, the way I can with rubber. Also, I don't know how to use them the way I do with rubber. I do know that buildings stop producing old goods and start with unrefined. So, what do I do about, with or to them?

Goods and unrefined goods refer to the same goods (rubber is both a good and an unrefined good as well). When you are in the Industrial Age rubber is a good that is generated by your Great Buildings and other buildings that produce goods of your age. When you enter modern age (and every age after that) to make Modern age goods in factories you need to utilize goods from lower ages to make those goods. The Postmodern age requires you to utilized Industrial Age goods to make Postmodern goods in factories. So unrefined goods always refers to goods that you need to make other goods. In the case of rubber you can use that to make the postmodern good semiconductors.

In modern age your Great Buildings no longer make your current age goods (when you are in industrial age they'll make industrial age goods like rubber) and when you enter the postmodern age your great buildings will then make industrial age goods again.

FriarTuck

I'm sorry to be obtuse. I'm 85 and not familiar with games, though I love FOE. How do these goods affect my play? What do they give me? Do I need to use them or to they just appear suddenly?

FriarTuck

I know you think you --all of you-- are helping me but---how do I use them to negotiate? How do I use them to build GB?

Algona

I know you think you --all of you-- are helping me but---how do I use them to negotiate? How do I use them to build GB?

Unrefined Goods (henceforth UG) are exactly the same as any other Goods. They get produced, put in your Inventory, and stay there until you use them.

The game tells you when you need Goods. When the game tells you to use Goods of a particular Era or a specific Good, just do what the game asks, just as you have always done to this point.

How do these goods affect my play?

Exactly the same as all other Goods. They go into your Inventory and stay there until you use them to fulfill a game function. Just as you do now.

What do they give me?

They are Goods just like any others.

Do I need to use them or to they just appear suddenly?

You do not need to use them immediately or ever. They go into your Inventory just like any other Goods and stay there until you use them like any other Goods.

----------

UG are produced by GBs like Lighthouse of Alexandria and SBs like Wishing Well once you reach Modern Era and above. Instead of producing Modern Era Goods, those Buildings now produce 2x Colonial Era Goods.

If your LoA (or other Goods producing GBs or SBs like WW) produced 10 Goods in ProgE, the LoA will produce 20 ColA Goods when you are in Modern.

In PostModern your LoA will produce Industrial Age Goods, In Contemporary your LoA will produce ProgE Goods.

See the pattern? Three Eras behind whatever Era you are in.

Let me reemphasize, Goods produced this way are the exact same Goods you make any other way. Use them when you need them, the game will tell you.

Did that clear up the confusion or add to it?

FriarTuck

I think I have it. The building produces unrefined goods but before I see them in my inventory they are renamed to be goods of three eras past???? At least this makes sense to me and I'll try to watch my inventory. Many Thanks!

Roxxas

Un-refined goods are regualr goods from earlier ages.

once you hit modern age intead of goods taking a cost of just coin and supplies, they also take goods (and having a deposit of a different good apparently)

for example:
to make Luxury Martials you need a cost of Porcelain (the same amount of goods as you are making) and having a deposit of alabaster.

Dominator - X

... or I think you can bypass the whole issue by getting a CF and leveling it up to 78 (which gives you a boost to 30 goods a pop) and use it in conjunction with your RQ's. I have not built a goods building, save for the occasional need to help a friend in need, for a LONG time. Certainly never had to deal with Unrefined and Refined Goods Buildings.

FriarTuck

Un-refined goods are regualr goods from earlier ages.

once you hit modern age intead of goods taking a cost of just coin and supplies, they also take goods (and having a deposit of a different good apparently)

for example:
to make Luxury Martials you need a cost of Porcelain (the same amount of goods as you are making) and having a deposit of alabaster.
Please explain how I can make Luxury Materials out of Porcelain and alabaster. It happens I need some. Thanks.

RazorbackPirate

Please explain how I can make Luxury Materials out of Porcelain and alabaster. It happens I need some. Thanks.
First, you have to be in the age of Luxury Goods, then you need a Luxury Goods factory, then you need Porcelain, plus coins and supplies to start the factory.

wolfhoundtoo

Razorback explained the process to you already but I want to emphasize that you make luxury goods via a factory in the same manner as you'd make alabaster or porcelain via their factories. You simply need to have porcelain (1 per each of the luxury goods that you want to make) in order to set the production order. There isn't a mechanical difference in the actual steps you take to make the goods. You simply need another item (porcelain) in this case to make luxury goods.

You can get the porcelain via your Great Buildings if you are in the modern age (if you are higher than modern age) you'll need to either make the porcelain or trade for the porcelain.

Roxxas

it works mostly like how making any other goods works.

you need to reach the age and research the building(s) then you pick the one(s) you have the deposits for and build them.

in making the goods, when you pick a time it will tell you it costs X to make the goods. with X being coin and supplies.

with Refined goods, it adds the cost of the un-refined goods that serves as a material.

ex: to make 5 Luxury materials it will cost 5 Porcelain in addition to the gold and supplies.

thats about it.

FriarTuck

... or I think you can bypass the whole issue by getting a CF and leveling it up to 78 (which gives you a boost to 30 goods a pop) and use it in conjunction with your RQ's. I have not built a goods building, save for the occasional need to help a friend in need, for a LONG time. Certainly never had to deal with Unrefined and Refined Goods Buildings.
Please forgive my ignorance but what is a CF and an RQ?
it works mostly like how making any other goods works.

you need to reach the age and research the building(s) then you pick the one(s) you have the deposits for and build them.

in making the goods, when you pick a time it will tell you it costs X to make the goods. with X being coin and supplies.

with Refined goods, it adds the cost of the un-refined goods that serves as a material.

ex: to make 5 Luxury materials it will cost 5 Porcelain in addition to the gold and supplies.

thats about it.
Thanks, I'm getting there but---I need ferroconcrete (Modern age). I try to build a factory but the advisor says I don't have the goods (Rocks) for it. It also says I'll need wires. Suppose I build it anyway; Will I be able to use unrefined goods?

RazorbackPirate

CF = Chateau Frontenac, a GB that boosts the outcome of quests. One of those type of quests being,
RQ = Recurring Quests, you get them in each age when you've run out of side and/or bonus quests.

There are 14 possible prizes from the Random Rewards given by RQs, 5 of the 14 are current age goods, one of the 14 a 5 FP pack. Many players, including me, generate goods using this method. The default number of goods each time they're rewarded is 5, but with a high level CF, level 89 currently for me, gives me 33 goods each time.
Thanks, I'm getting there but---I need ferroconcrete (Modern age). I try to build a factory but the advisor says I don't have the goods (Rocks) for it. It also says I'll need wires. Suppose I build it anyway; Will I be able to use unrefined goods?
In your example, Wires are the unrefined goods needed. Like any age, you're always better off producing the goods you have boosts for then trading for those you don't.

Last edited:

Roxxas

If you need the Ferrocrete, try trading for it.

the wire is the material good needed to make the thing, the rock is the deposit.

don't build any goods building you dont have the deposit for.

make lots of the goods of the ones you do (there are Great Buildings that produce Base goods of your current age)
and trade for the ones you need. thats why they called trade goods.