• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

UnREFINED Goods ?

DeletedUser2145

Well I can't speak for others, I can only speak from my own experience. I had all my goods requirements for those ages met by my guild. Several from us progressed together and even though some of us share even 2 out of the 3 boosts, we still managed to easily work out things and make sure everyone has the required goods. There were a few trades I needed urgently that I worked out with some folks on my friends list, but beyond that it was pretty simply guild trading.

So, yes, from my point of view it's a rather easy solution. But it all obviously falls down to your guild and friends connections, some may not be as willing to trade as others.

DeletedUser10076

True if you are in an advanced guild you might not have many problems. If you are like me and are helping a relatively low aged guild, the only one in ME in your hood(why wasn't I moved? different topic), friends that horde thier goods for gvg, and have no body respond to your trade requests in global it can get a little rough.

Oh well I'll build my own food processing plants, and they'll be better than thiers! With Beer! And Blackjack, And ....

DeletedUser8420

Ok so now I (co-founder) am suppose to give up my guild that I have helped build from the ground up, so that I can get modern age goods... how about the GBs being put back the way they were and give the goods for the age that we are in???? THAT WOULD BE THE EASY SOLUTION!

DeletedUser2145

Why give up your guild? You can recruit others from that age. Or you can befriend them and trade with them. Offer them a slightly better ratio (110 for 100 goods) and you pay the forge point.

It's not as easy to trade as before, but it's certainly not impossible and one doesn't have to sacrifice anything. Simply interact with folks more. Ask to trade in large chunks on chat or on the forum, etc.

DeletedUser8420

:hmph: Don't you think I haven't tried all of the above? I have 1 friend with 6,000,000+ points, 1 with 5,000,000+ points 1 with 3,000,000+ points, 3 with 2,000,000+ points, 4 with 1,000,000+ points, all of which are in post modern age. They are still needing modern age goods for their own progress...7 with 600,000-800,000 points in the modern age. They are struggling with the goods too. How many of those do you think are willing to give up their current guilds? if you guess NONE you would be correct and honestly don't expect them too. Anyone with points high enough to be in Modern age are mostly founders, co-founders or major players in in very large guilds. Ah, Phantom I see you are in a guild that doesn't have anyone lower then 300,00 points and the highest is 6,000,000 points. I also assume you and your guild members (at least most of them) have been around before the modern age was even developed so YEAH I assume it would be easy for you to trade amongst your guildies. But for the rest of us it isn't that simple.

- - - Updated - - -

Using Global chat, the ones that are on the global chat, at least when I am online seem to be newbies that are just getting started so that has been no help. This game is slow enough, being stuck for going on three weeks is frustrating to say the least. If it wasn't for the fact that I am co-founder of a guild I would have left this game by now. At this point I don't want to leave my guildmates hanging without support.

- - - Updated - - -

As stated I do offer a better ratio, I take unfair trades, I offer Fps etc....been of little help.

DeletedUser2145

Only 6 of us were there to progress in ME at the time. The rest with a higher age joined latter, back then we had a hard cap of 20 members but only counted about 15ish. Most of the players were around CA/IndA at the time, and with just 6 folks who entered ME and who shared many bonuses, we managed to cover each of our needs plus help the fellow guildmates who reached ME at a latter point and on top of that to participate in the ME GvG. That's a lot of goods and they were all produced by us and traded in large chunks with friends from other guilds. The guild you see at the moment has all been created from scratch and most players were at a lower age.

Points don't matter, in fact they often imply that the player isn't producing a lot of goods but instead focusing on armies and they tend to rely on plunder for goods. Points are done by fighting, not by producing goods. So it doesn't matter how many points a player has for this, what matters is the quantity of goods they produce and how willing they are to share.

DeletedUser8152

I have 1 friend with 6,000,000+ points, 1 with 5,000,000+ points 1 with 3,000,000+ points, 3 with 2,000,000+ points, 4 with 1,000,000+ points, all of which are in post modern age. ...7 with 600,000-800,000 points in the modern age. They are struggling with the goods too.
This is confusing to me. You have a total of 17 friends in modern+, all of whom need to trade for goods they need. Each of them has three of the five production bonuses. Surely there are several people boosted in each good, why is it so hard to trade? You should have things they need, they should have things you need. That's what trade is for.

Not that I don't believe you are struggling, I just don't understand why this hasn't solved your problem... Walrusking's original point was that he had trouble finding that many people in modern + to trade with.

DeletedUser10076

Peeps don't want to give up thier goods. And if they do it goes to gvg, if you aren't fighting gvg you have a PME friend who is fighting ME gvg and offers PME for ME a much better deal.

Right now because nobody else is in my hood is producing, I have been FORCED to play economically. I have 4 ME goods buildings 4!!! that enrages me, I've cut back on my nieghborhood attacks. Hopefully I get moved next merge and have a better oppurtunity to trade/plunder the goods I need. I feel like im playing framville right now, and that doesn't sit well with me. Not at all, no sir.

DeletedUser8420

Well it seems at least with the people I know that we all have the same boosts because we are all asking for the same frigg'n goods. The Quests and tech tree are asking for 100's of these goods at the same time so once you have them you have to hold onto what you have in order to fulfill the quests, tech tree and the conquest maps. Really irritates me that the Observatory makes the goods from the age I am in BUT puts them directly into the Guild treasury where you can not access them unless doing the GVG. But, if you are the only one in the guild in the modern age, doesn't do you or the guild any good. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR seeing those goods just setting there going to waste.

DeletedUser8796

The answer is GvG. For those who actually make it to ME or PME in order to get decent quantity of goods they MUST be in a GvG guild and these larger guilds demand your participation in GvG as a reason to let you stay. So the higher age goods are mainly hoarded for GvG (and some for the guild of course). The real issue is hoarding goods instead of trading them ( and i cant really blame them BC of the crazy costs in goods GvG uses); Yes you and your friends may be nice and trade but most are hoarders.

DeletedUser8152

The answer is GvG. For those who actually make it to ME or PME in order to get decent quantity of goods they MUST be in a GvG guild and these larger guilds demand your participation in GvG as a reason to let you stay. So the higher age goods are mainly hoarded for GvG (and some for the guild of course). The real issue is hoarding goods instead of trading them ( and i cant really blame them BC of the crazy costs in goods GvG uses); Yes you and your friends may be nice and trade but most are hoarders.
But if you trade 1:1, you don't lose anything. What is the point of hording a lot of one good, when you could trade fairly to get another good you don't have? You need all the goods for GvG too...

DeletedUser8420

Each of them has three of the five production bonuses.
Three of five production, I have never had three of the five. I just went back to check and as far back as Bronze Age I only have two of five. So its not as easy as you project it to be.

DeletedUser10076

Three of five production, I have never had three of the five. I just went back to check and as far back as Bronze Age I only have two of five. So its not as easy as you project it to be.

You get one more boost in both the needed ages to produce refined goods. This is good because its literally impossible not to have the needed boosts to produce at least one ME/PME goods even.

DeletedUser6163

Cassaundrea if you are on B or C feel free to send a friend request and I will be happy to help you with a trade for advancement. You do not have worlds listed, so I wonder if you are part of one of the newer worlds? If that is the case it may be true that there are fewer players able to produce Modern Era and above goods, simply because you got there first.

DeletedUser18114

And just like in previous ages, each good's production has its price. The only difference here is that apart from coins and supplies we also have to pay Colonial Age good to start Modern Era good's production (different goods in different good buildings). For example to start production of convenience food we have to pay coins, supplies and coffee. Of course you need to have coffee produced first, it's not enough to have a map deposit. If you have no coffee - you simply can't produce convenience food.

OMG This is Hilarious! All those Modern Age Players who've attacked and relentlessly plundered Colonial Age players will now have to have their goods to produce the goods they need to succeed. LOL I'd say change your profile guys! Any mention of plundering, or "neglect your goods" or only offer a "two spear defense" "you deserve to be plundered" and I guarantee, your trades are not anywhere near as visible in the market place. I know I have my favorites (hint, they're not those bullies who prey on weaker players) who get my FAIR TRADES in the market. Fact is, a decent neighbor will get by much further than a jerk. Don't be foolish enough to think they'll forget all those times you've slaughtered them and robbed them blind. DISCLAIMER!!! This comment isn't for the players who treat other players decently, it's for the jerks who set their schedules to prey upon those who are weaker and they do it daily. It takes a real slime ball to attack another player like that and THEY know who THEY are! And if you resemble this remark, so be it... there are those who just don't mind playing without a conscience.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser28545

LOL Hilarious

I just entered Progressive age Im guessing I'll stay here a while

DeletedUser33740

OMG This is Hilarious! All those Modern Age Players who've attacked and relentlessly plundered Colonial Age players will now have to have their goods to produce the goods they need to succeed. LOL I'd say change your profile guys! Any mention of plundering, or "neglect your goods" or only offer a "two spear defense" "you deserve to be plundered" and I guarantee, your trades are not anywhere near as visible in the market place. I know I have my favorites (hint, they're not those bullies who prey on weaker players) who get my FAIR TRADES in the market. Fact is, a decent neighbor will get by much further than a jerk. Don't be foolish enough to think they'll forget all those times you've slaughtered them and robbed them blind. DISCLAIMER!!! This comment isn't for the players who treat other players decently, it's for the jerks who set their schedules to prey upon those who are weaker and they do it daily. It takes a real slime ball to attack another player like that and THEY know who THEY are! And if you resemble this remark, so be it... there are those who just don't mind playing without a conscience.
HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHHHA THIS GUY
HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHA SUCH A SORE ASS.

Algona

SUCH A SORE ASS

Funny thing on these boards, posters tens to get get treated the way they treat others.

Ridiculing and insulting a player for something they posted in 2015 and hasn't posted in over a year. You thought that was a good idea for your first substantive post?

You've been playing a few months and on the forum for less then two weeks. You don't have the historical perspective to understand the basis or environment of that rant or much of anything else from years ago. You should stick to threads from since you joined the game so yout posts won't sound as woefully ignorant as that one.

Tou prolly should read the Forum Rules before insulting any more posters.

Algona

How in the world did he even find this post?

Possibly a search on unrefined goods,. That seems pretty doubtful given the players is no where near Modern.

Probably because of the necro in late 2017 from the preceeding post combined with a new poster wandering around the forums.

As I said it's ab odd way and place to make a first real post. Guessing from their battle count they plunder a lot and took offence to the rant.

The last few posts including the quoted rant are great exhibits for the case of why necroing old threads is at best useless and in a lot of forums against the rules.