• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Upcoming Changes to Diamond Packages Feedback

DeletedUser31335

So you'll be buying the same amount as before? Zero?

Bye Felecia.

Oh, those greedy developers! Charging more for stuff you refuse to buy anyway.

See ya.

When you buy on mobile, the App stores you're buying through take a cut of the money you spend. So the upcharge is the profit the App store has added to the base purchase. When you buy on desktop, there is no app store demanding a piece of the action.

Don't let US tax law influence your opinion. No reason for facts to get in the way of an invalid complaint.

Funny. No mention of the politicians you helped put in office that wrote and passed the Alabama State internet tax laws. Kind of coming at the problem bass ackwards, don't you think? What are you doing to change the tax laws in your state? How many online forums have you ranted about the Alabama tax laws in today? Zero? But hey, nice job ranting about a company for complying with the law. "Hey Inno, I refuse to buy from you unless you break the law!!!" Real bright.

Ding, ding, ding! Looks like you and your crew might need to pillage a bit more. Seems they now need a raise to keep up with the raises given to the Inno employees.

"So long, farewell, auf wiedersehen, goodbye
You leave and heave a sigh and say "Goodbye"
Goodbye, goodbye, goodbye."

Because they're the company who needs to make money from you, the customer. Because they're the ones with the expenses to pay so you can play the game. You know, things like salaries, office space, server farms, data lines, etc. The money to pay for that stuff needs to come from you, the player of the game they're spending money to develop and provide for you.

Wow. If this is the case, your game needs some serious help.

So, like me, you're unaffected by the change.

Welcome to the world of 'free to play'. It's fun here, but you'll have to learn the game. Can't just buy your way out of trouble on this side. You gotta know what you're doing.

And what does this have to do with the Cost of Diamonds in Croatia?

Seems Inno's doing what they need to do to cover the cost of that. Seems the time to worry is when they haven't increased prices in two years to cover the rising costs of employing you. Must be one of the reasons you're NOT a developer at Inno. I hear basic maths is a must.

Yuck, yuck, yuck, yuck. You so funny! Not.

So for you, Inno's pending price increase will save you money. Win/win. More money for them, more money for you. Sounds like a good deal to me.
Tell us how long have you been working for Inno. I'm guessing you work in the finance dept. Certainly not in human resources, talking to people in this manner.

RazorbackPirate

Tell us how long have you been working for Inno. I'm guessing you work in the finance dept. Certainly not in human resources, talking to people in this manner.
I don't work for Inno at all. I'm just a player on the board just like every other person who has posted any comment here on this thread. You will not receive communication from Inno on this thread, or in any other manner. Quite frankly, I doubt any actual Inno employee will even read any of the comments in this thread. So, any comments are mine and mine alone. I'm just realistic in my position, which unfortunately for you, I believe matches Inno's position, because after all, Inno exists in the real world, not in the fantasy world of your making.

To think that somehow even as a regular diamond buyer, you are owed a forever price lock is not only ludicrous, but selfish. Yes, we all have our own needs, spending habits, and priorities, but maybe think beyond the end of your own nose?

Inno's employees deserve regular pay increases just like we expect from our own employers. Inno's owners and investors deserve a profit for their investments and ownership, especially for building such a wildly successful company. Kudos to them. They should be handsomely rewarded for building one of the finest companies in the F2P space. Such businesses should not only be rewarded for good work, but they should also be encouraged and enabled to make new investments, into new areas, to grow even bigger, and even better.

This all requires money, lots of money. To get all that lots of money to do all those good a noble things, Inno needs to monetize their existing investments. What does it mean to monetize? It means to turn your play time into money. Cold hard cash to fuel growth, reward their investors, their owners, and their fine, hard working, talented employees. This then benefits all of their families, all the charities they support, all the companies and those companies employees and families, whose products they buy, whose stores they shop, whose restaurants they dine. This free exchange of capital affects not only their local communities, but all spots they visit and buy as well. This is called an economy.

That's how a FREE economy works. I make something you want, I put a price on it, you freely choose to pay for it, or not. Once you and a couple of million other people decide to pay the price I charge for my cool, awesome thing and actually buy it, I have all the money I need to keep the whole thing going for the benefit of everyone involved, their families, and their communities. Oh yeah, and once in a while, I'll need to adjust my pricing, because my costs and structures have changed. Then as the consumer, you are FREE to continue to spend, adjust your spending, or not spend at all.

And for the owners and investors, well hopefully, once everyone else gets paid, including the Gubmint long before they do, there's still enough left over to fulfill their own dreams for their own families. You know, all those real things, in the real world, that real people, really love and really care about. Real people with real lives and real expenses, just like you and me.

But no, you want what you want, who cares about anyone else's need. You know, like REALLY care. Selfish. Just plain selfish. Selfish, selfish, selfish.

As I've said, I don't speak for Inno, I can only speak for me, but if my customer buying my product is so selfish that they get pissy when I need to turn their fun into real money to buy real things for real people ... well ... then ... Bye Felicia.

I understand though, when the rubber meets the road, that spot where the real work gets done, where it really affects you ... you know, like, the pocketbook ... so it can really impact others ... Hashtags are easier, because hashtags don't affect you (or anyone else). Not where it counts, not where it matters. Not where it impacts real people with real lives that need impacting.

It is far, far easier to signal virtue, than to really be ... virtuous. #LivingWage. Sad. So, so sad.

Last edited:

DeletedUser30900

Hmm, let me try my best to not curse. You sound like a fool.

DeletedUser1771

I have already decreased my playing time....with this will FOE being fading away like so many other games. I have been playing since the beginning but if it's a choice of food, housing and basic necessities vs game guess which one most will choose. I always recommended FOE as it was affordable guess not anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1771

You do understand INNO has raised prices twice before with the effect being more people play now then ever? But this time it will be different, right?

Do you make more now then you did a few years ago?

Then why begrudge INNO doing the same?
I actually make less because the economy in US sucks for the average person.

DeletedUser38157

As someone who was already on the fence about the value of diamonds vs their price, this change is going to push me into the red. I probably won't be buying any more diamonds at all (unless deeply discounted). I have previously spent ~$20/month and most of my purchases were during diamond sales. I know that makes me a minnow, and inno is probably only concerned with whales, so my feedback is essentially worthless.

Last edited by a moderator:

Agent327

As someone who was already on the fence about the value of diamonds vs their price, this change is going to push me into the red. I probably won't be buying any more diamonds at all (unless deeply discounted). I have previously spent ~$20/month and most of my purchases were during diamond sales. I know that makes me a minnow, and inno is probably only concerned with whales, so my feedback is essentially worthless.

It is, cause sales do not change.

DeletedUser39714

"or add a Diamond mine to the current great buildings."

I love this idea.... cause my pockets are not lined with USD like yours are so I can't afford your changes. I already had to sacrifice for the previous costs so these changes mean my husband and I won't be purchasing packages any more.

DeletedUser39714

so not worthless, we are in the same boat, i bet there's a large school of us minnows swimming about......

DeletedUser42989

thats interesting indeed. i live in FL and i have never paid taxes to Inno for a diamond purchase. is this something new or is it only for the state of AL?
I live in OH and had never paid taxes before. Suddenly this morning, I was charged sales tax. I've been playing -- and occasionally purchasing diamonds -- for over a year. What changed?

WinnerGR

Could it be an OH tax change to internet purchases?
Yep , it is :
OH Tax Department said:
he most common situation that gives rise to a use tax liability is when an Ohio customer makes an internet purchase from an out-of-state seller. If the seller is not located in Ohio and does not have substantial nexus with Ohio, the seller is not required to collect and remit Ohio sales tax. The responsibility becomes yours as the consumer. This happens frequently where purchases are made ...

I live in OH and had never paid taxes before. Suddenly this morning, I was charged sales tax. I've been playing -- and occasionally purchasing diamonds -- for over a year. What changed?
As per the OH tax departemnt say if you read the full version of the abbreveation I made above it sates that the occurense is the the first day of the month closest to a year after the first purchase if it was under ....

The Charlie

I was going to purchase some diamonds, only because I got a $10 gift card as a present from a friend. Then I noticed they (INNO) are adding 8.9% sales tax to my purchase. It will be a cold day in HELL before I ever pay a GERMAN based company NY State sales tax on a game purchase. I wrote to INNO about this and received a response saying they are required by a U.S. Supreme Court law to collect state sales tax. Since when does Germany follow the laws of NY State, since when does the US Supreme court have jurisdiction on a States sales tax, and I really wanna know, how NY State would enforce such a law? Basically, the response from INNO was so poor that I am now convinced I will never spend a dime on this game. They attempt to treat its players like suckers. I ended up spending the $10 gift card on an 18 inch NYC pizza with sausage, and guess what, NO sales tax.

Pickleweasel

I was going to purchase some diamonds, only because I got a $10 gift card as a present from a friend. Then I noticed they (INNO) are adding 8.9% sales tax to my purchase. It will be a cold day in HELL before I ever pay a GERMAN based company NY State sales tax on a game purchase. I wrote to INNO about this and received a response saying they are required by a U.S. Supreme Court law to collect state sales tax. Since when does Germany follow the laws of NY State, since when does the US Supreme court have jurisdiction on a States sales tax, and I really wanna know, how NY State would enforce such a law? Basically, the response from INNO was so poor that I am now convinced I will never spend a dime on this game. They attempt to treat its players like suckers. I ended up spending the $10 gift card on an 18 inch NYC pizza with sausage, and guess what, NO sales tax.

TLDR; states can (and now most do) impose sales tax for internet-based purchases. The rule prior to the 2018 decision was such that states could do so only if the company had a physical presence in their state; that is no longer a limitation. Further, New York may be requiring Inno in this case to remit the appropriate tax . . . it seems likely the case given the response you received/didn't like, but I'm not doing the legwork to trace that :p