• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Upcoming Changes to Diamond Packages Feedback

DeletedUser29624

I understand the % of Diamonds and the price unchanged. I was wondering tho why not add a package for a rate of like $ 2.00 for let's say 80 Diamonds. You would probably get a lot of those be in use but Limit how many you can get in your existing world till you get to the next world. Let's say 5 times in one world or add a Diamond mine to the current great buildings. This will help with those people you can't really afford to buy diamonds and it will help progress in the Worlds a tad bit ealier

DeletedUser8230

Well its not like I didnt see this coming but I thought INNO would be better than the other money suckers. The clues were there 1st the extra large diamonds packages and then the side games costing to really achieve anything. Well that knocks me out of diamond buying. Lets see what will be next maybe no less and less diamonds showing up as rewards.. maybe too much staff is the problem

DeletedUser36281

Let me for the sake of argument spin this in a slightly different manner. My objection comes in the form of taxes i have to pay in order to get any diamonds. The good people at Inno find it necessary to charge me taxes in order to purchase diamonds. They claim they have to observe the state of Alabama law which is about 9%. but, that said, why is a German company that does business on the internet subject to Alabama law? and make no mistake about it, this is an Alabama law, not a US Federal law. why does a German company feel compelled to make sure they are in compliance with ANY state law of the US, a country they are not a part of? No one state, no one nation, owns the internet. mark my words on this, taxes will be the death of the internet. right now, many people flock to the internet cause they dont have to pay taxes. i have already changed my stance on buying on the internet. i buy only in those places that dont tax me. does inno really think that they will be sued in open court because they didnt charge taxes to the state of alabama. here is the bottom line. i refuse to buy diamonds if im gonna be charged taxes. how much will inno then make from me? so they gotta ask themselves, do they want to sell to me or do they not want to sell to me? its obvious they want to make more money simply by their diamond announcement. perhaps if they didnt charge taxes, they might have more sales....
its by EU and US agreement tax law ... i know this because i live in EU and im a tax advisor....and trust me its better 9% than 25% that i pay :)

DeletedUser33154

Well we do understand you ppl are a bunch of greedy ferengi. I just wont be spending any more money here is all because your original pkg on the browser was barely good enough. The amount on the phone should have been raised to match not have the other lowered. So yes Im a complainer and you guys that never spend money here yet say its ok can kiss it. Yes Inno can charge whatever they want. And yes I now choose to no longer spend my sweat and blood money on you.

DeletedUser33154

One final thing.. Maybe you would make more and do more if you stopped making us suffer through gate of the sungods and face of the ancients even on level 4 of GE which people work hard to get to only to be suckered yet again for substandard rewards etc. how many times must we suffer through bps from Colosseum etc whey you know we need bps for good buildings? Wanna keep your players longer and happier? Stop the nonsense and match rewards in GE to the level the player is at. Its a simple if/and/or statement in the code..

Last edited by a moderator:

Daley the Great

Well we do understand you ppl are a bunch of greedy ferengi. I just wont be spending any more money here is all because your original pkg on the browser was barely good enough. The amount on the phone should have been raised to match not have the other lowered. So yes Im a complainer and you guys that never spend money here yet say its ok can kiss it. Yes Inno can charge whatever they want. And yes I now choose to no longer spend my sweat and blood money on you.
Well said, and if I were a developer working for Inno, I would be worried about my next pay increase or bonus...

SpiderSux

I bought a few diamonds here and there... However, with this change, it seems unlikely that I'll buy diamonds again. Plus, it doesn't make sense to decrease the amount of diamonds in the LOWER priced packages. That would push people to NOT want to buy them. And I'm assuming that MOST people buy the lower end packages because they don't want to drop $200 in one go. Maybe once it hits their bottom line, they'll reverse policies.

kanati8869

With the amount of money I spent on diamonds over the last 2-3 years... It's going to sting you more than it does me. I will no longer buy diamonds unless they are on sale since I almost always buy the 20 and 50 dollar packages. I won't be buying the larger packages just to justify your greedy little money-grab either.

Cromis car Erin

It's amazing how greedy some organizations are. This is first & foremost a game. After 5(?) years development cost are more than covered; just a matter of on-going maintenance costs!

RazorbackPirate

i for one will not be buying any more diemonds un to you not only reverse this but you in crese the amount of diemounds by the same % you decresed them after you put them back to were they were
So you'll be buying the same amount as before? Zero?
Same price... lowering diamond amount is the same thing as raising the price. You are free to do what you feel best. It is your business. I personally do not chose to spend more. You are out on customer (talking about myself)

Regards
Bye Felecia.
Cheap devs have sunk to a new low of cheapness. Just like they nerfed the amount of diamonds you now get in GE and didn't tell us. I used to get between 500 and 1000 from all the worlds I play like clock work for a over a year, now I get 300-550 if I am lucky. I'm just waiting for these cheap greedy devs to eliminate diamonds altogether from GE and force everyone to HAVE TO buy them. Just one more reason I will NEVER waste money on this game to line these greedy devs pockets.
Oh, those greedy developers! Charging more for stuff you refuse to buy anyway.
with this new decision on diamonds from inno, i will think twice whether to by or not or even if I will continue to play in FOE.
See ya.
That said, I have never understood why it's cheaper to buy on a desktop than on mobile... seems like you're penalizing folks who play on their phones/iPads etc.
When you buy on mobile, the App stores you're buying through take a cut of the money you spend. So the upcharge is the profit the App store has added to the base purchase. When you buy on desktop, there is no app store demanding a piece of the action.
Why are you charging me tax? A German company and I'm in the United States. I don't think this is right! You do not have any offices here right? So if you don't have any offices here in the good ole USA, then we shouldn't be charged tax. Just my opinion of coarse.
Don't let US tax law influence your opinion. No reason for facts to get in the way of an invalid complaint.
Let me for the sake of argument spin this in a slightly different manner. My objection comes in the form of taxes i have to pay in order to get any diamonds. The good people at Inno find it necessary to charge me taxes in order to purchase diamonds. They claim they have to observe the state of Alabama law which is about 9%. but, that said, why is a German company that does business on the internet subject to Alabama law? and make no mistake about it, this is an Alabama law, not a US Federal law. why does a German company feel compelled to make sure they are in compliance with ANY state law of the US, a country they are not a part of? No one state, no one nation, owns the internet. mark my words on this, taxes will be the death of the internet. right now, many people flock to the internet cause they dont have to pay taxes. i have already changed my stance on buying on the internet. i buy only in those places that dont tax me. does inno really think that they will be sued in open court because they didnt charge taxes to the state of alabama. here is the bottom line. i refuse to buy diamonds if im gonna be charged taxes. how much will inno then make from me? so they gotta ask themselves, do they want to sell to me or do they not want to sell to me? its obvious they want to make more money simply by their diamond announcement. perhaps if they didnt charge taxes, they might have more sales....
Funny. No mention of the politicians you helped put in office that wrote and passed the Alabama State internet tax laws. Kind of coming at the problem bass ackwards, don't you think? What are you doing to change the tax laws in your state? How many online forums have you ranted about the Alabama tax laws in today? Zero? But hey, nice job ranting about a company for complying with the law. "Hey Inno, I refuse to buy from you unless you break the law!!!" Real bright.
Hope Inno increased the wages of their game designers by givin' them the diamonds they're not givin' us. Diamonds in the form of an increased salary.
Ding, ding, ding! Looks like you and your crew might need to pillage a bit more. Seems they now need a raise to keep up with the raises given to the Inno employees.
That’s cool. I usually buy a 5k option beginning of the month and a 1500 option mid month. Guess you just saved me some money. Because I will just find another game
"So long, farewell, auf wiedersehen, goodbye
You leave and heave a sigh and say "Goodbye"
Goodbye, goodbye, goodbye."
Why are the changes always to our disadvantage and not yours?
Because they're the company who needs to make money from you, the customer. Because they're the ones with the expenses to pay so you can play the game. You know, things like salaries, office space, server farms, data lines, etc. The money to pay for that stuff needs to come from you, the player of the game they're spending money to develop and provide for you.
Well its not like I didnt see this coming but I thought INNO would be better than the other money suckers. The clues were there 1st the extra large diamonds packages and then the side games costing to really achieve anything.
Wow. If this is the case, your game needs some serious help.
How stupid, most of us can't afford to buy them at the lower price, now we damn sure can't.
So, like me, you're unaffected by the change.
Welcome to the world of 'free to play'. It's fun here, but you'll have to learn the game. Can't just buy your way out of trouble on this side. You gotta know what you're doing.
One final thing.. Maybe you would make more and do more if you stopped making us suffer through gate of the sungods and face of the ancients even on level 4 of GE which people work hard to get to only to be suckered yet again for substandard rewards etc. how many times must we suffer through bps from Colosseum etc whey you know we need bps for good buildings? Wanna keep your players longer and happier? Stop the nonsense and match rewards in GE to the level the player is at. Its a simple if/and/or statement in the code..
And what does this have to do with the Cost of Diamonds in Croatia?
Well said, and if I were a developer working for Inno, I would be worried about my next pay increase or bonus...
Seems Inno's doing what they need to do to cover the cost of that. Seems the time to worry is when they haven't increased prices in two years to cover the rising costs of employing you. Must be one of the reasons you're NOT a developer at Inno. I hear basic maths is a must.
Does that mean INNO will be increasing the chance of getting diamonds via quests, etc. by 20%?
Yuck, yuck, yuck, yuck. You so funny! Not.
With the amount of money I spent on diamonds over the last 2-3 years... It's going to sting you more than it does me. I will no longer buy diamonds unless they are on sale since I almost always buy the 20 and 50 dollar packages. I won't be buying the larger packages just to justify your greedy little money-grab either.
So for you, Inno's pending price increase will save you money. Win/win. More money for them, more money for you. Sounds like a good deal to me.

Last edited:

raptor8908

This really really sounds BACKWARDS!!

Inno should be expanding the game. Then we wont have to keep skimming the existing spenders.

DeletedUser27379

At 1700 diamonds for $19.99, I received less than a single 4x4 expansions for $10. Now that rate is getting worse?

Diamond prices have always been horrible, but I still bought some occasionally to support Inno and get some more space. Not any longer. Might be time to find a different game to waste time on.

UBERhelp1

Wow. All the complaints in this thread. If only there was a free way to get diamonds by actually playing the game and doing GE64 or WW farms. Seems to have something to do with an extinct concept called "patience." But no. There can't be anything like that. The only way to get diamonds is to buy them.

Also, I'd bet that most everyone saying "I'm never gonna buy diamonds again" will give in and buy diamonds again.