• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Upcoming Changes to Diamond Packages Feedback

DeletedUser20367

If you factor diamond cost by hours of play time then this is an EXTREMELY cheap form of entertainment unless you're one of the whales who spends thousands of dollars getting multiple Event buildings. It's just like anything else, if the price of the burger, movie, play etc. goes up to where you don't want to pay it anymore then stop. It's not dragon magic. :D

DeletedUser11413

As hobbies go it's still cheaper than golf. I have no problem with Inno charging what they need to.

I agree. Certainly Inno's costs have increased since 2017 and employees deserve a raise. They have to either give fewer diamonds in a package or raise the cost of the package. If someone wants to quit over that, then stop eating out, buying gasoline or anything else because the price of everything goes up.

DeletedUser11463

I buy diamonds often but generally the smaller packages. Usually, the $19.99 package because $20 is "affordable" for me. I really would be better off buying the larger packages less often because you get more diamonds per dollar.
This diamond change won't even things out, it will actually make the higher priced packages more effective. Which is their goal, buy a larger package, they make more money.
Not sure why people are complaining. If you want to buy diamonds do so. If you don't you can still play for free. There are no monthly charges and nothing requires diamond spending except certain expansions. You will still get diamonds for events and WW's and GE4. So if you're not buying diamonds now, nothing changes for you!

DeletedUser20829

How does inno justify lowering the amount of fake diamonds you receive. This is another BS greedy move by Inno. Are you inno going to lower the cost of diamonds to compensate those players whom are spending their hard earned money on. sad thing is you have these players , praising them and saying how fair it is for them to stick it to people. when are the players going to take a stand to these unfair and unneeded changes.
People do you not get that if you have bought diamonds , we are paying for fake items we are buying Nothing, and we are now getting screwed out of this nothing. I swear i hope inno chokes on their greed

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser15676

I never buy diamond unless they are on sale for 40% free. It looks like innocences is trying to push people into buying the bigger packages.

LOL.. except now that will be 22% less if you get the 49.99 package .. unless you are me that has been playing for 5 years and has never ever gotten that deal.. NEVER, EVER.. and they say everyone gets that deal at some point.. Unless you are ME.. NEVER

DeletedUser15676

You mean one can vpn from croatia and buy diamonds for cheaper price?

hmmmm.. i wonder if i was in Croatia if i could get the 40% off deal? 5 years now i never seen that deal.. NEVER.. of course now it would be 22% less of the 40% more.. wait.. how many would that be then?

DeletedUser15676

I think it's reasonable that Inno charge whatever they need to for the diamonds, though I (like many others I assume) will likely buy less when they cost more.
That said, I have never understood why it's cheaper to buy on a desktop than on mobile... seems like you're penalizing folks who play on their phones/iPads etc.

not to mention the fact that you cannot even play the full version of the game on mobile yet

DeletedUser28173

It costs nothing to inno for diamonds. You off a free game but then find ways to make it more expensive to play. Not cool. I have purchased diamonds in the past. I'm pretty sure i won't in the future. Instead of squeezing the players for more coin, perhaps if you offered more for less you may end up selling more........ lesson 101 in marketing...........................

DeletedUser15676

Let me for the sake of argument spin this in a slightly different manner. My objection comes in the form of taxes i have to pay in order to get any diamonds. The good people at Inno find it necessary to charge me taxes in order to purchase diamonds. They claim they have to observe the state of Alabama law which is about 9%. but, that said, why is a German company that does business on the internet subject to Alabama law? and make no mistake about it, this is an Alabama law, not a US Federal law. why does a German company feel compelled to make sure they are in compliance with ANY state law of the US, a country they are not a part of? No one state, no one nation, owns the internet. mark my words on this, taxes will be the death of the internet. right now, many people flock to the internet cause they dont have to pay taxes. i have already changed my stance on buying on the internet. i buy only in those places that dont tax me. does inno really think that they will be sued in open court because they didnt charge taxes to the state of alabama. here is the bottom line. i refuse to buy diamonds if im gonna be charged taxes. how much will inno then make from me? so they gotta ask themselves, do they want to sell to me or do they not want to sell to me? its obvious they want to make more money simply by their diamond announcement. perhaps if they didnt charge taxes, they might have more sales....

thats interesting indeed. i live in FL and i have never paid taxes to Inno for a diamond purchase. is this something new or is it only for the state of AL?

Emberguard

Why not just run an ad like Microsoft does when it's free games load instead of going up on diamond prices?
Not everyone likes to play with Ads. Though it'd be interesting to know if players would be happy with a "play enough ads to equal 8-22%" or don't and have less diamonds

Why are you charging me tax? A German company and I'm in the United States. I don't think this is right! You do not have any offices here right? So if you don't have any offices here in the good ole USA, then we shouldn't be charged tax. Just my opinion of coarse.
Just because you're located in US doesn't mean you're exempt from German taxes when buying stuff from Germany. Just as if you bought stuff from Australia you'd be charged 10% digital goods tax. When you buy anywhere from Europe there's a VAT whether it's digital or not.

i buy only in those places that dont tax me. does inno really think that they will be sued in open court because they didnt charge taxes to the state of alabama. here is the bottom line. i refuse to buy diamonds if im gonna be charged taxes.
Just because you're not told you're charged taxes on some sites doesn't mean its' not included in working out how much to charge for the price tag. Whatever you're charged has to cover the costs involved. Just because they're on the internet doesn't mean they don't have a physical business that any country they do business with would keep accountable. Would you prefer they stay honest and pay taxes or try to side step illegally and get shut down?

At 1700 diamonds for $19.99, I received less than a single 4x4 expansions for $10. Now that rate is getting worse?

Diamond prices have always been horrible, but I still bought some occasionally to support Inno and get some more space. Not any longer. Might be time to find a different game to waste time on.
Ah! Must mean you've already bought diamond expansions. Yeah unfortunately every additional diamond expansion increases in price. Would be nice if they were a flat price but they're not

It costs nothing to inno for diamonds.
Technically yes and no. The diamonds are the games revenue. So to say it costs nothing for inno to make diamonds is kind of like saying it cost nothing to make the actual game. There is a cost. Maybe not an obvious cost if you're only looking at the diamonds, but a cost nonetheless

Emberguard

thats interesting indeed. i live in FL and i have never paid taxes to Inno for a diamond purchase. is this something new or is it only for the state of AL?
Sometimes tax laws will depend both on the location of the buyer and seller. Can also be effected by the amount purchased

DeletedUser15676

Diamonds have cost about 1 cent apiece, so I am OK with that. However, 10 forge points cost 500 diamonds, which is $5.00. Since we rely on FPs for practically everything and you are very miserly with them, I request that you consider reducing the cost of forge points whenever you reduce the amount of diamonds we get for the money. To play every aspect of this game on a regular basis easily costs $300 per month, or more. You already have priced the kids out of the market, and those of us (retirees) on fixed income are finding it harder and harder to play, especially as you add new features. Now, if you would arrange for some TRADE IN credits for the hundreds of former ages houses and other junk that most of us are stuck with, that would be wonderful and not cost you a thing. Also, what in hell will I ever do with 38 million supplies? As for gold, my only use for it is to buy FPs (now spending 400K per FP--very pricey but otherwise gold just accumulates like supplies. The only commodity in the game that is reasonably BALANCED and TRADEABLE are goods, and that's a fact!!!!

I dont know what era you are in but when you get to OF and VF you will be spending those 38 million in supplies easily to unlock one or two techs.. save them my friend. you will need them

DeletedUser40154

I originally started playing Elvenar before moving to Forge of Empires, and one thing that struck me on the transition was how much more expensive diamonds were between games--that in FoE you get far fewer diamonds for higher costs than you do in Elvenar, and they don't stretch nearly as far. Yet I've still been one of those microtransaction impulse buyers who will say "oh I only need $5 worth of diamonds" only to come up 10 short on something I want to do before I go back to work, and just grab another $5...and another $5...and another...then $20 when I really want to blitz.

I'm aware I'm basically a cookie cutter example of the microtransaction psychological profile that makes games like this profitable and suckers you into spending more money than you intend to, but well...I'm having fun and I know what compulsion I'm giving in to each time, making it a weak yet conscious choice. Yet that choice was only easy to make as long as I felt like I was getting value out of the purchase that could ease a few roadblocks in what I wanted to accomplish in my limited playtime around work. (Most of the time I just leave timers to percolate while working, but on breaks I like to splurge a little to hit milestones.) I was able to adjust to the price discrepancy and value discrepancy between Elvenar and Forge of Empires, but with this change any perception of value is entirely lost.

Buying larger diamond packages will, in practicality, save me money if I have the restraint to dole them out over time...but it's the impulse of the smaller, lower-value packages that actually encourages me to spend more without being aware of it. It's the fact that for those microtransactions I don't have to stop and ask myself if I'm getting what I want for what I'm paying; habit and impulse have already cemented the answer as "yes," making the click of that button and that microtransaction a seamless no-question decision.

Now, however, that question is there. Now I'll look at the packages and doubt whether or not it's worth it, and will more than likely skirt away from buying lower-cost diamond packages at all--leaving me to occasionally consider larger, more cost-effective diamond packages, but to more often than not make the choice not to spend that much in a single go because of the price tag deterrent as a single lump sum instead of easily ignored microtransaction accumulations.

Short version: not only will this deter me from making microtransaction purchases, but it will fail to funnel me into purchases of larger packages, overall dramatically curbing my diamond spending and eventually, if the game becomes too much of a grind with no short-term gratification without excessively high costs, driving me away.

And I'm probably not the only one.

DeletedUser15676

Sometimes tax laws will depend both on the location of the buyer and seller. Can also be effected by the amount purchased

I have never been taxed by Inno for any purchase amount. Whether it was an army purchase, building purchase, diamond purchase of any size.. up to the 79.99 package.. not sure what you are saying. I asked him directly if it was a new thing or if was just for the state he was in... i understand that some states require taxes on any sale regardless.. its also affected if there is a physical location within said state in some instances. to the best of my knowledge Inno doesnt have a physical location here in FL.. IDK that for sure but to my knowledge they do not. perhaps they have servers in AL.. IDK that either.

DeletedUser27289

i for one will not be buying any more diemonds un to you not only reverse this but you in crese the amount of diemounds by the same % you decresed them after you put them back to were they were

DeletedUser27137

so, you increase the price of diamonds and expect anyone to be ok with that? guess again.. you just lost a paying customer

DeletedUser27289

this is to inform you that my diamond purchase and game time will be reduced by one hundred ... canceling all 3 of my cities

RazorbackPirate

Am I the only one here who thinks this guy works for Inno? He pollutes most of the threads on here if not all of them.
Nope. I'm just the voice of reason. It's no different than Kellogg's reducing the number of ounces per box and charging the same amount. Or Nabisco coming out with Cheezit Snapped, with 7 ozs per back for the same price as the 12 oz box of regular Cheezits. And have you seen the price of milk? Holy cow!

Costs go up, so prices go up, so salaries go up, because cost went up.
I think he is just a troll.
Maybe a bit of that too. They just make it soooo easy.

DeletedUser25989

Not that INNO reads any of these comments; however, I find it interesting that if market factors are being considered, why are the adjustments on the most popular diamond packs? INNO hopes that you buy more packages to make up the difference thereby increasing their revenue. However, INNO doesn't realize that reducing diamonds will directly impact the psychology of people thinking about buying any diamonds at all. It's already an absurd exchange of US money for diamonds; reduce the diamonds more and many will simply refrain from buying any. INNO's revenue will decrease - period.

DeletedUser

That said, I have never understood why it's cheaper to buy on a desktop than on mobile.
Because on PC you're buying directly from Inno and on the app you're buying through a middleman (whichever app store you got the game through.)
gettin' charged a FTF (Foreign Transaction Fee),
That is due to your credit card or bank, not Inno. I have never been charged a FTF for any of my game purchases.
Hope Inno increased the wages of their game designers by givin' them the diamonds they're not givin' us. Diamonds in the form of an increased salary.
This change is undoubtedly due to increased overhead, part of which is probably increased personnel costs.
To play every aspect of this game on a regular basis easily costs $300 per month, or more.
That's funny, I play every aspect of this game on a regular basis and spend nowhere near that much in a year.