• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Upcoming Changes to Diamond Packages Feedback

DeletedUser32539

Hmmm ... Has the cost of mining imaginary diamonds increased and you are passing this on to your customers?
I'm certain that in no way are you trying to rip people off.
Basic economic theory would suggest that a lower price would encourage more people to buy more diamonds as they become more affordable and I can only admire your stance against the Laws of Supply and Demand.
Well done.

DeletedUser38928

Not sure I see the logic behind the change, but I'm definitely not a marketing wizard. I don't have any problem with the change, but I can't imagine that giving less imaginary goods for the same amount of money would get people to purchase more. I do purchase diamonds and this would make me purchase less, not more often.

DeletedUser7991

There are some who buy diamonds, there are many who don't. To those who don't the change won't matter. I know far more people who don't and won't. I don't and won't.

Games like Fort Nite, for example, have made many millions on "micro transactions", which are transactions, generally, under $5. They work because people will spend $5 (or less) without thinking twice about it. When you have to spend $50 you're absolutely going to think harder about it. So perhaps what Inno should do is reduce the cost of diamonds, unless they're not looking to make money from those sales. It could be that Inno is trying to reduce the number of cash bought cities. I can't imagine this is going to generate more money for Inno.

Kind of like when you go to the movies or the arena/concert/ball game. The people who run those venues seem to think that they are holding the customers hostage, and can do things like charge $5 for a hot dog or soda. Yes, some people will by the concessions, however, their profit would increase greatly if they charged less. Cut the price in half and people will buy more than twice as much, and people who wouldn't normally buy will now buy.

I think it's a poor choice. But then Inno didn't consult with me.

DeletedUser38935

Marketing 101..........run & get your diamonds before the price increase!
How else are they going to cover the cost of the great prizes from the anniversary contest?

DeletedUser36849

I think it's reasonable that Inno charge whatever they need to for the diamonds, though I (like many others I assume) will likely buy less when they cost more.
That said, I have never understood why it's cheaper to buy on a desktop than on mobile... seems like you're penalizing folks who play on their phones/iPads etc.

DeletedUser35326

Why are you charging me tax? A German company and I'm in the United States. I don't think this is right! You do not have any offices here right? So if you don't have any offices here in the good ole USA, then we shouldn't be charged tax. Just my opinion of coarse.

DeletedUser40148

Like diamonds were SO cheap already you have to make them even more expensive. Considering they cost you nothing to produce, this is simple greed. It's also stupid. I already don't buy many diamonds because they cost more than I like to spend, and the items you BUY with diamonds mostly need a lot of diamonds. So now I will be even less keen to buy - and I DO buy diamonds and premium currency in other games, fairly regularly. It's always seemed to me that diamonds in FoE were poor value when compared with other games I play which operate a similar style of currency. This is not an improvement.

You bean-counting types ever stop to consider that offering more diamonds or cheaper packages might mean more people will be willing to pay, or people will pay more often, and make you more money? Another thing people like is money-off sales - it tempts you to buy if you get double the normal amount - and people who look at the regular price (including me) might think well, it's 20 bucks but I get double the normal amount so what the heck.

On another game I play they have "happy hour" every couple of weeks, with all premium currency 100% extra for 24 hours. I know quite a few people who ONLY buy when it's happy hour - but they DO buy then. Since the cost to you to offer diamonds is the same, i.e. they cost you zero, what's to lose? If you make the packages MORE attractive then more people will buy - simple human nature. Make the price go up, fewer people will buy.

Also, for the reason behind the change, well, here's second prize in the monthly bull-poop competition, 'cos it's not worthy of first. About the lamest excuse I've seen.

DeletedUser35603

Let me for the sake of argument spin this in a slightly different manner. My objection comes in the form of taxes i have to pay in order to get any diamonds. The good people at Inno find it necessary to charge me taxes in order to purchase diamonds. They claim they have to observe the state of Alabama law which is about 9%. but, that said, why is a German company that does business on the internet subject to Alabama law? and make no mistake about it, this is an Alabama law, not a US Federal law. why does a German company feel compelled to make sure they are in compliance with ANY state law of the US, a country they are not a part of? No one state, no one nation, owns the internet. mark my words on this, taxes will be the death of the internet. right now, many people flock to the internet cause they dont have to pay taxes. i have already changed my stance on buying on the internet. i buy only in those places that dont tax me. does inno really think that they will be sued in open court because they didnt charge taxes to the state of alabama. here is the bottom line. i refuse to buy diamonds if im gonna be charged taxes. how much will inno then make from me? so they gotta ask themselves, do they want to sell to me or do they not want to sell to me? its obvious they want to make more money simply by their diamond announcement. perhaps if they didnt charge taxes, they might have more sales....

DeletedUser38934

Like diamonds were SO cheap already you have to make them even more expensive. Considering they cost you nothing to produce, this is simple greed. It's also stupid. I already don't buy many diamonds because they cost more than I like to spend, and the items you BUY with diamonds mostly need a lot of diamonds. So now I will be even less keen to buy - and I DO buy diamonds and premium currency in other games, fairly regularly. It's always seemed to me that diamonds in FoE were poor value when compared with other games I play which operate a similar style of currency. This is not an improvement.

You bean-counting types ever stop to consider that offering more diamonds or cheaper packages might mean more people will be willing to pay, or people will pay more often, and make you more money? Another thing people like is money-off sales - it tempts you to buy if you get double the normal amount - and people who look at the regular price (including me) might think well, it's 20 bucks but I get double the normal amount so what the heck.

On another game I play they have "happy hour" every couple of weeks, with all premium currency 100% extra for 24 hours. I know quite a few people who ONLY buy when it's happy hour - but they DO buy then. Since the cost to you to offer diamonds is the same, i.e. they cost you zero, what's to lose? If you make the packages MORE attractive then more people will buy - simple human nature. Make the price go up, fewer people will buy.

Also, for the reason behind the change, well, here's second prize in the monthly bull-poop competition, 'cos it's not worthy of first. About the lamest excuse I've seen.

Llewelyn just echoed everything i was just thinking, very well said. This will hurt Inno because the prices were marginal already. This is not a good idea.

Daley the Great

I used diamonds early on in the game, but in the last year I've found less and less of a need for them. What I win in the GE keeps my stock of diamonds pretty much even, if not growing slowly but steadily. Unless Inno comes up with something else to spend them on other than what is offered now I don't think the price increase (and it is a price increase, poorly disguised as an "adjustment") will affect people who have been in the game for some time. Food companies do the same thing: No change in price, just less product for that same amount of money, as if people don't notice. I believe Inno is targeting the new players in this move, who like me spent money on the game to get whatever their view of "up to speed" might be.
It has become easy to disregard events and questlines in which the only way to get the ultimate prize is to reach for my credit card. I find that I still manage to grow my city to my satisfaction without using diamonds. I do understand the need to generate revenue in any company, but offering upgrades on the menu I think works better than lowering the value of people's cash. Every now and again I find myself evaluating whether FoE is worth the time I spend playing, and so far it is. That is a fine balance with a lot of people, I think. Something like this may cause customers to examine the situation just a bit more closely and possibly not make a choice in Inno's favor.

mamboking053

I think they only changed some of the Diamond packages, right?

Daley the Great

Let me for the sake of argument spin this in a slightly different manner. My objection comes in the form of taxes i have to pay in order to get any diamonds. The good people at Inno find it necessary to charge me taxes in order to purchase diamonds. They claim they have to observe the state of Alabama law which is about 9%. but, that said, why is a German company that does business on the internet subject to Alabama law? and make no mistake about it, this is an Alabama law, not a US Federal law. why does a German company feel compelled to make sure they are in compliance with ANY state law of the US, a country they are not a part of? No one state, no one nation, owns the internet. mark my words on this, taxes will be the death of the internet. right now, many people flock to the internet cause they dont have to pay taxes. i have already changed my stance on buying on the internet. i buy only in those places that dont tax me. does inno really think that they will be sued in open court because they didnt charge taxes to the state of alabama. here is the bottom line. i refuse to buy diamonds if im gonna be charged taxes. how much will inno then make from me? so they gotta ask themselves, do they want to sell to me or do they not want to sell to me? its obvious they want to make more money simply by their diamond announcement. perhaps if they didnt charge taxes, they might have more sales....
It has been a while since I've purchased diamonds, but I did not notice a state sales tax when I did (Ohio) I suppose it varies from state to state, as with purchases with companies like Amazon and others..

AncientArthil

Diamonds have cost about 1 cent apiece, so I am OK with that. However, 10 forge points cost 500 diamonds, which is $5.00. Since we rely on FPs for practically everything and you are very miserly with them, I request that you consider reducing the cost of forge points whenever you reduce the amount of diamonds we get for the money. To play every aspect of this game on a regular basis easily costs $300 per month, or more. You already have priced the kids out of the market, and those of us (retirees) on fixed income are finding it harder and harder to play, especially as you add new features. Now, if you would arrange for some TRADE IN credits for the hundreds of former ages houses and other junk that most of us are stuck with, that would be wonderful and not cost you a thing. Also, what in hell will I ever do with 38 million supplies? As for gold, my only use for it is to buy FPs (now spending 400K per FP--very pricey but otherwise gold just accumulates like supplies. The only commodity in the game that is reasonably BALANCED and TRADEABLE are goods, and that's a fact!!!!

DeletedUser30103

Hello guys,

Please leave any questions you have surrounding the changes to our price structure. You can find the full list of changes in our announcement

Thank you,

The Forge of Empires Team
Why are the changes always to our disadvantage and not yours? We dutifully support your packages and this is how you reward us...making us pay the same and get less for it....For once I would like INNO to do us a real favor.These changes hurt therefore you will see less packages purchased.