• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Upcoming Changes to Diamond Packages Feedback

DeletedUser40122

SO, by decreasing the amount diamonds we will get for the same prices, you have in fact increased a diamonds value by 18%. Will this be reflected in the game when using diamonds ? For example, buying an extra turn in GE should now be approximately 8 diamonds. If this isnt the case then you are bilking players out of their money, and that is unfair and selfish on your account. You already lower the frequency and value of rewards in the game, and now this.
Your greed is showing very clearly!

DeletedUser30900

It’s funny that a lot of people are accusing Inno lying about the price increase by not pointing out the increase in the announcement. But that’s exactly what they did. But I guess.... you guys are not stupid!

RazorbackPirate

SO, by decreasing the amount diamonds we will get for the same prices, you have in fact increased a diamonds value by 18%. Will this be reflected in the game when using diamonds ? For example, buying an extra turn in GE should now be approximately 8 diamonds. If this isnt the case then you are bilking players out of their money, and that is unfair and selfish on your account. You already lower the frequency and value of rewards in the game, and now this.
Your greed is showing very clearly!
What part of price increase don't you understand? Wow. The sheer stupidity of the responses to this is off the charts.

DeletedUser36752

Here, in the United States, our wages have not increased since the 70's, but inflation and the base cost of living (cell phones, internet access, etc) has added significantly to the common man's bottom line.

This is not true. I remember in the 1970's that my mom made $1.65 an hour. I remember my first job in high school in the late 1980's paid something like $3.65 an hour. I remember in the early 1990's earning $4.00 and was happy when I got a 25 cent raise boosting me to $4.25/hour. I remember earning a little over $5 in the mid to late 1990s. I think today, the minimum wage is around $7.50 an hour, but if you are able to get an education whether it is in college or vocational school, you can expect within reason to earn above minimum wage. Point is, the wage has steadily risen since the 1970s. Also, minimum wage jobs were never meant to sustain families, only to supplement the income of high school/college kids, retirees, etc. Manufacturing jobs paid very well but our economy changed and those jobs were outsourced to other countries for cheaper manufacturing and labor costs. I have worked my way up from living on public assistance and eating the government cheese to earning almost 3 figures by working hard to change my circumstances.

On the other hand...
Inflation HAS been between 1.5 to 3 % each year and has out-paced the minimum wage, people have over-extended themselves with too much mortgage on houses they should have never qualified for, student loan debt out the wazoo and credit cards they should never have (I am guilty of all of these things). Where you live matters too, for example, living on minimum wage is a whole lot easier to do in say... Antlers, Oklahoma than it is in San Fransisco.

There are way too many economic factors involved to make a blanket statement like that.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser27289

This game was never free. Players only think it's free because a small fraction of players are spending money to cover the cost of your overhead. If players stop purchasing diamonds then FOE will not have money to pay their employees, and technology costs.
I have played 3-4 years and bought plenty of forge poim]nts!!!!! I just deleted the three cities I created and will now quit the game thanks to this new brilliant marketing strategy

DeletedUser30900

this is to inform you that my diamond purchase and game time will be reduced by one hundred ... canceling all 3 of my cities
I have played 3-4 years and bought plenty of forge poim]nts!!!!! I just deleted the three cities I created and will now quit the game thanks to this new brilliant marketing strategy
Did it take you longer than 24 hours to cancel all the cities? And WHY ARE YOU STILL HERE?

Volodya

I'm confused... So you think it is fair for me or anyone else to spend maybe a $100 - $200 a year on diamonds so thousand of other players can play for free?
By the same token, other players (I'm not one of them) are spending thousands or tens of thousands of dollars a year you you and your ilk can continue to play for peanuts. No doubt, in your world that's as fair as fair can be.

DeletedUser18799

I have been buying the 49.95 twice a month for the last 3 years, now with the reduction of diamonds by 22 % i will no longer be buying them at all until inno changes back to where they are now. I feel that with the decrease of diamonds, it's now a rip off !!!

If you bought the 99.99 package once a month you would get additional diamonds above the rate for the 49.99 package, and not lose anything when the amount in the 49.99 package is reduced. I have been doing something similar to what you do, so I am just going to combine my purchases into one larger package, when I can. I enjoy the game too much to quit playing but I am going to reduce the amount of worlds I play on

DeletedUser18799

By the same token, other players (I'm not one of them) are spending thousands or tens of thousands of dollars a year you you and your ilk can continue to play for peanuts. No doubt, in your world that's as fair as fair can be.

I have spent thousands on this game. I don't mind at all that others can play free because of what I spend. I get benefits from spending that a free player will never get.
this is what i like to do rather than go out to the movies, eat out at a nice restaurant, etc.

DeletedUser18799

Wow, eight pages of replies that state the same thing over and over again. I am one of the players who never buys diamonds, so this will not affect me one way or the other, but it seems to me that no matter what Inoo does about diamonds there is sure to be some complaint.

If Inno increases the price (like they are doing now) then people complain that diamonds are already expensive.

If Inno were to decide to lower the price then people would complain that players are using diamonds to get way ahead of the hardworking players who don't buy diamonds, thereby increasing their unfair advantage by giving them more diamonds when they buy. (I would be one of these)

Unfair advantage? No, unfair would be if I could buy diamonds and you couldn't. Be grateful for those who do spend money here, Inno is not a charity and you would not be able to play this game at all if people didn't spend money on it.

DeletedUser18799

My initial response to this announcement was anger. The most common package that I purchase is the 49.99 package, which took the biggest hit. However,, after further thought, I realized I could change my spending habits so this needs not have a negative effect on me. And, after all, every where you look the prices are going up on everything else, why be surprised when it happens here. So I now combine my smaller purchases into a larger purchase, which will actually give me more diamonds per dollar spent, and I am reducing the amount of worlds I play on.
easy peasy lemon squeezy

DeletedUser31325

I did not buy much diamonds on my US cities after I noticed that I got much less there than on my Norwegian city. For the same price I get 2400 diamonds on my Norwegian city while my US cities only gets 1700 diamonds. I wonder why. I see no announcement on my Norwegian city about any changes there so I guess the difference going to be even bigger.

DeletedUser10080

Economics 101 also tells you that income must pay expenses, and if it doesn't then changes have to be made. This is such a change. I'm guessing that you would rather not see them stop the practice of developing new features, working on bugs, maintaining their servers and other equipment, paying their employees, right?

If you truly understood economics, you would understand that your price increases will LOWER your overall income. Remember, these are virtual goods that have NO actual variable cost. Your costs are fixed and remain the same no matter how many diamonds you sell. Your goal should be to increase revenue even if it means selling costless goods for a lesser price per unit.

And I would imagine that those operating with a budget for game purchases are in the minority. I mean, most younger people don't even keep a register for their checking accounts anymore. I constantly see people offered receipts for their debit card purchases saying no. If they're not even going to worry about keeping track of how much money they have in the bank, why would they all of a sudden get budget conscious about game purchases?

By budget, I am talking about money in the bank. If your customers have no money they simply can't buy anything. If they are borrowing money to play a game, they have far greater problems in their lives and you should not be contributing to their addiction.

Actually, those "whales" that buy all those event buildings and stuff are the ones buying the larger packages, which aren't affected by the change. You don't get all those premium buildings buying one $50 Diamond package.

As you said, the "whales" aren't affected by your price increases. They will still buy the same amount of diamonds (theoretically). And $50 diamond purchasers won't pay your bills. If you actually depend on them, see my first point. They will generate LESS money for the game with those price increases.

Last edited by a moderator:

RazorbackPirate

If you truly understood economics, you would understand that your price increases will LOWER your overall income. Remember, these are virtual goods that have NO actual variable cost. Your costs are fixed and remain the same no matter how many diamonds you sell. Your goal should be to increase revenue even if it means selling costless goods for a lesser price per unit.

By budget, I am talking about money in the bank. If your customers have no money they simply can't buy anything. If they are borrowing money to play a game, they have far greater problems in their lives and you should not be contributing to their addiction.

As you said, the "whales" aren't affected by your price increases. They will still buy the same amount of diamonds (theoretically). And $50 diamond purchasers won't pay your bills. If you actually depend on them, see my first point. They will generate LESS money for the game with those price increases.
You seem to have all kinds of internal Inno sales and cost data to make such bold claims about them taking the wrong approach. If so, please share the maths, if not, thanks for your conjecture.

The virtual goods absolutely have a variable cost. As the costs of running the company changes, the real value of diamonds must change to cover their real expenses.

DeletedUser37581

If you truly understood economics, you would understand that your price increases will LOWER your overall income.
Another part of Economics 101 that applies is the concept of elasticity. Oh, and don't forget market growth. Both are major factors that have been eliminated from the simplistic model you have postulated.

Emberguard

If you truly understood economics, you would understand that your price increases will LOWER your overall income.
Not always true. I know of [unrelated to Inno] products that started off at $50, went up to $2,000 and sell more of the product at $2k then when it was offered at $50.

Reducing prices only lowers overall income if it also reduces your sales. Sometimes it will. No doubt about that. But psychologically higher priced items are viewed with more value. So as long as you don't price yourself out of the market it can make people more likely to buy. Like how Apple is really expensive... but people line up to buy it when the next one comes out. They can afford to be more expensive then a lot of the competitors because they know their product, how to sell it and they're not competing with the competition. They're competing with themselves.

If you can't afford the changes in the diamond packages that's alright. The game is still perfectly playable without spending on diamonds at all.

Last edited:

DeletedUser30900

Every time I read one of the 'you raised your prices so you have LOST my business' I can't help but wonder if the person has stopped purchasing every other good or service that has ever increased in price. If they have then they must be at, or nearing, the point of hunting and gathering their own food and drinking collected rain water. :D
Or they become a part of silly party:p( It’s not political discussion im just being naughty)