• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Upcoming Changes to Diamond Packages Feedback

Algona

If you truly understood economics, you would understand that your price increases will LOWER your overall income.

If you truly followed realty you'd see that that just ain't true. I';ve played Magic OnLine for almost two decades. Every time WotC raised prices income went up. Other online games? Have you ever seen any OL game raise prices and lose money except after their player base had started eroding?

Remember, these are virtual goods that have NO actual variable cost.

If you had any practical business experience you'd realize there is. Every time someone uses a debit or credit card there is a transaction fee. Someone pays that fee, whether it's you, your vendor, your bank, or your vendor's bank. (That's not true. It's always you, you just don't inderstand it.)

Economic theory is all well and fine, but theoreticians should stay in the classroom and keep explaining ex post facto why something occurred, 'Cause God knows every time you theoreticians step into the real business world you get your butts handed to you with all the cash taken out of your wallet.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Why not remove all things you do not want, so you can win what you want?

I did but that won't change or help, awards are based on are placed on the servers everyday.

Good thinking. What we need is push accounts made way easier.
Then maybe all swap threads should be banned, because it's the same, right? Pushing another's G/B?

Who's problem is that?
Who said it was a problem?

And the costs they make to keep this ganme up for everyone and improve it are virtual as well?
Then improve it. Actually I'm getting bored with it, but don't make it worse.

DeletedUser40187

is it getting tougher to mine the diamonds? if ur looking to make more money, why not increase the amount of diamonds in the package and then raise price...

Emberguard

is it getting tougher to mine the diamonds? if ur looking to make more money, why not increase the amount of diamonds in the package and then raise price...
My guess is they were looking to keep the same price tag as if people are already buying at that price then people can afford those prices.

But given the feedback from this thread I'm wondering if perhaps people would prefer a price rise with or without an increased amount of diamonds.

That being said what amounts in a price rise would you have in mind? If people are also saying reducing the diamond amount per package takes them out of the price range, then raising the price +more diamonds would be a greater price increase then just raising the price by the equivalent of the current planned reduced diamond amount. So would a increase in any form price as many people out as just reducing the amount of diamonds or would it suit more people?

Last edited:

DeletedUser24787

In the end the feedback wont matter. A change in the game will be made and will take effect. Players can either choose to boycott future purchases on the low tier diamond packages that were effeced as the annoucement stated price stayed the same the amount of digital currency your real world money gets you simply got reduced the top tier packages were not effected. In my own personal opinion they have a "new" microtransaction analyst testing a new marketing strategy one can only asume there will be more of these changes. Question will be how far can they push till they see a major negative impact.I will continue to enjoy the game till i get bored and move on.Been playing the game for quite some time yet to lose intrest

RazorbackPirate

I predict many of the 'boycotts' will come to an end during the Archaeology Event. Too many diamond dependent players who won't get a level 10 World's Fair any other way. They'll justify it by going for the diamond + scroll packages, but buy they will. I also don't see many diamond players shutting down cities they've built having already invested hundreds or even thousands of dollars into them. A few transactions later, they'll forget why they were even upset.

Agent327

I predict many of the 'boycotts' will come to an end during the Archaeology Event. Too many diamond dependent players who won't get a level 10 World's Fair any other way. They'll justify it by going for the diamond + scroll packages, but buy they will. I also don't see many diamond players shutting down cities they've built having already invested hundreds or even thousands of dollars into them. A few transactions later, they'll forget why they were even upset.

Packages change after the event, so they could still use that as an excuse.

Flavius Belisarius

This is a great game!
INNO keep it going!
You might want to look at ways to adjust the cost in diamonds for a few of the game features, like maybe a sliding scale for unit repair instead of all, maybe it could be in 25% increments.
In any case, Great game INNO!

DeletedUser40191

I really like this game and save up to buy some diamonds. it's not a big change so i'm okay with it. Everything costs more and if the price went down then that would tell me the game was sinking.

DeletedUser36238

for the amount of time and $$$$ invested in this game, come on is the game losing money or does everyone want a raise .. I HBAVE NO regular INCOME

RazorbackPirate

for the amount of time and $$$$ invested in this game come on is the game losing money or does everyone want a raise .. I HBAVE NO regular INCOME,__
Nice rant. You do realize you can play this game for free, right? So, every $$$$ you've invested in this game, you've done so voluntarily. You initiated and consummated every transaction completely on your own. It's not Inno's fault you have no regular income, and that is no basis to begrudge the hard working employees, management, and owners of InnoGames a regular income and occasional raises.

It's also not Inno's fault you've chosen to spend what limited irregular income you have on a game, especially when you can play the same game completely for free.

If you're looking for the person responsible for your in game expenditures, check the mirror. Then tell the person you find there to get lost for frittering away your limited income on a free game.

Emberguard

for the amount of time and $$$$ invested in this game, come on is the game losing money or does everyone want a raise .. I HBAVE NO regular INCOME
what are you currently spending on ingame? If it's not city diamond expansions or additional event buildings (the first full building of each event should be free) you should be able to complete the task for free although the option to speed things up via diamonds is there

If you need help in working out how to do something for free please ask

DeletedUser40213

I for one will not be interested in receiving less Diamonds. As it is, I am spending more than I can afford to play the game and receiving less that what I have getting for the past year will make me less interested in continuing to play the game.

What you should have done (in my opinion) is reduce the game benefits given. When it comes to receiving less diamonds to get the same benefits as before is worse than receiving less benefits but being able to get the same amount of diamonds.

Consider that I will now be playing less and may even decide to leave the game.

DeletedUser

What you should have done (in my opinion) is reduce the game benefits given. When it comes to receiving less diamonds to get the same benefits as before is worse than receiving less benefits but being able to get the same amount of diamonds.
This makes absolutely no sense. Getting the same amount of Diamonds but having to pay more Diamonds to buy the same thing in-game works out to exactly the same thing as getting fewer Diamonds to begin with. But it would also impact the players who earn their Diamonds in-game instead of buying them AND the players buying the large Diamond packages. Now, instead of only ticking off low level Diamond buyers, you've ticked off EVERY SINGLE PLAYER in the game. And that's better? For who?

DeletedUser36624

I for one will not be interested in receiving less Diamonds. As it is, I am spending more than I can afford to play the game and receiving less that what I have getting for the past year will make me less interested in continuing to play the game.

Consider that I will now be playing less and may even decide to leave the game.
It sounds like you are having difficulty controlling your spending in this game if you are spending more than you can afford. I encourage your considering leaving the game, as I hate to see anybody get into a fix over what is essentially luxury spending.

DeletedUser40224

Hello guys,

Please leave any questions you have surrounding the changes to our price structure. You can find the full list of changes in our announcement

Thank you,

The Forge of Empires Team
I DO NOT LIKE INNO CHANGING PRICES OIF THE DIAMONDS, WHAT WE DON'T PAY ENOUGH FOR A SCRIPT YOU WRITE? IT'S NOT LIKE YOUR HAVING TO GO TO THE DIAMOND MINES, CUTTING THE DIAMONDS AND POLISHING THEM. I THINK IT'S RIDICULOUS.