• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Upcoming Changes to Diamond Packages Feedback

Algona

IT'S RIDICULOUS

No, typing all Caps and every other word of your post are ridiculous.

Are you just short sighted to the point of near incapacity or are you venting because your boss / dad yelled dumbass things at you when you asked for a raise / more allowance?

Super Catanian

I DO NOT LIKE INNO CHANGING PRICES OIF THE DIAMONDS
Neither do I, but why do I care? I've never bought Diamonds before.

WHAT WE DON'T PAY ENOUGH FOR A SCRIPT YOU WRITE?
You don't need to pay for a script here. The game is completely "freemium" (free to play). Having a good strategy will allow you to enjoy from the script well.

IT'S NOT LIKE YOUR HAVING TO GO TO THE DIAMOND MINES, CUTTING THE DIAMONDS AND POLISHING THEM.
And do you have to cut the Diamonds and polish them? Do you have to do that backbreaking work? I'll be looking forward to your response for that.

I THINK IT'S RIDICULOUS
that you're typing in all caps, just like @Algona mentioned before me. This is the Internet, and you are showing some of the worst netiquette I've ever seen.

DeletedUser40061

is this the first announcement of diamonds adjusting? or were there others in the past?

Emberguard

is this the first announcement of diamonds adjusting? or were there others in the past?
I wasn't around when the prices would have been adjusted prior to now, but a quick forum search came up with this: [2013]

Edit:
and on en I found another: [2015]

If there are others I'd have to search more to find them. But to answer your question, yes there have been announcements in the past about price changes

DeletedUser27889

I'm finding it hysterical that due to their other postings I know we have two actual children posting in this thread with more grace, understanding of finance and responsible personal finance than many of the assumed adults. Not to mention their better grammar as well. When kids know not to spend money they don't have on a game, or know inflation exists and people deserve raises to keep good talent while you don't, you need to take a long hard look in the mirror.

DeletedUser30962

Hello guys,

Please leave any questions you have surrounding the changes to our price structure. You can find the full list of changes in our announcement

Thank you,

The Forge of Empires Team
your greed on the price gauging will end up costing you more money than you would make this is a game and virtual items I've seen a lot of games get greedy and then lose their players, there a lot of things that need fixing in this game and gvg is definitely one of them but it doesn't look like any of the funding is going to fix the issues there....just saying increasing pricing, not fixing bugs and issues is a sure way to price yourself out of the market

UBERhelp1

Hmm.... I have stumbled across a huge discovery, everyone! It's called Patience! Who could imagine such a thing! It means "the ability to be okay with waits without ranting in a thread!" This must be the missing link! We don't need to buy diamonds, we just need Patience and we can get them on our own, without spending any money on an interesting collection of lines of code! Wow.

We must begin using this more often. Maybe we can create diamond farms where we can get them free, to the point where we make over 100k per year! Wouldn't that be amazing? Well guess what? It's not too good to be true! You just have to use this newfound Patience! It's like magic!

Seriously though. You don't need diamonds to have a good time. That's like saying you must pay a ton of extra money (after the admission fee) to ride the newest ride at an amusement park... where there are tons of other rides you paid for with your admission. And in this game, there isn't even an admission fee! Also, in this game the journey is the destination. No reason to spend to get there faster, because you never will.

DeletedUser40246

I am guessing the number of the lower cost diamond pkgs are the most popular
This was the same on another game I enjoyed playing
The owners of that game decided to change the way their pkgs were set up to bring in more cash while not dealing with play/feature issues
That game is now defunct
perhaps it would behoove Inno to learn from the past mistakes of other formerly popular games
mess with the player base over cash lose your player base
you have had 7 good years at this don't be stupid and cost yourself more than you can afford

Algona

you have had 7 good years at this don't be stupid and cost yourself more than you can afford

perhaps it would behoove Inno to learn from the past mistakes

You do understand INNO has raised prices twice before with the effect being more people play now then ever? But this time it will be different, right?

Do you make more now then you did a few years ago?

Then why begrudge INNO doing the same?

DeletedUser40246

You do understand INNO has raised prices twice before with the effect being more people play now then ever? But this time it will be different, right?

Do you make more now then you did a few years ago?

Then why begrudge INNO doing the same?
as far as the number of times Inno has changed prices i have no idea nor care, i was relating to the effects i have witnessed first hand over price changes,the popularity of Inno going up after past changes is more word of mouth and advertising then a direct correlation to price changes, i have no logical reason for you to even site that as a reason for price changes not to effect customer satisfaction, and i pointed out a potential negative effect not a prediction as you seem to think,("But this time it will be different, right?")

Algona

as far as the number of times Inno has changed prices i have no idea nor care, i was relating to the effects i have witnessed first hand over price changes,the popularity of Inno going up after past changes is more word of mouth and advertising then a direct correlation to price changes, i have no logical reason for you to even site that as a reason for price changes not to effect customer satisfaction, and i pointed out a potential negative effect not a prediction as you seem to think,("But this time it will be different, right?")

Can you name a successful quarter of a billion dollar revenue business that hasn't raised prices in the last four years?

INNO has a 10 year record of increasing revenue and is surrounded by successful competing businesses that also increase their prices.

Instead of repeating their successful history and emulating their successful competition, you think INNO should base their business decisions on companies that failed.

Are you thinking this through?

DeletedUser37098

I used to buy two $50 diamond packs a month and for each event... so as such, I too may be looking for a different game as I don't think diamonds are cheap as is and to further increase the price then the value of the diamond actually goes down. If the cost goes up then the purchases will plummit thus you'll lose money and players. I won't pay any less than current mobile prices, I won't accept any less diamonds than what mobile provides, however I play pc and will be severely upset at the change. I've been playing for 2 years, and I'm a guild leader of a successful guild but this may make me step down and go to a similar game from a competitor who still values their players. We spend money on FOE because it pays off, but it I don't get my monies' worth then I'm better off picking up my xbox again or a different game like FOE altogether. This is a sad sad day in FOE!!!!!

DeletedUser

I used to buy two $50 diamond packs a month and for each event... so as such, I too may be looking for a different game as I don't think diamonds are cheap as is and to further increase the price then the value of the diamond actually goes down. If the cost goes up then the purchases will plummit thus you'll lose money and players. I won't pay any less than current mobile prices, I won't accept any less diamonds than what mobile provides, however I play pc and will be severely upset at the change. I've been playing for 2 years, and I'm a guild leader of a successful guild but this may make me step down and go to a similar game from a competitor who still values their players. We spend money on FOE because it pays off, but it I don't get my monies' worth then I'm better off picking up my xbox again or a different game like FOE altogether. This is a sad sad day in FOE!!!!!
Good luck finding a game that doesn't raise prices when it needs to.