• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Upcoming PVP Arena Feedback

• Thread starter DeletedUser40816
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicholas002

It sounds like there will be a difficult, medium and easy enemy you can pick from in each match like in the soccer tournament.
the more I look at it, the more it looks like the soccer tournament :(

pick a easy, medium, or hard opponent
use one of your daily free attempts, or buy more with diamonds
autobattle, and let the broken RNG decide if you win or lose
diamond spenders get in the top of league
win some medals
get frustrated
etc.
etc.

(obviously, it's way too early to know, since it's not out on beta yet, but that's just what it looks like...)

Agent327

the more I look at it, the more it looks like the soccer tournament :(

pick a easy, medium, or hard opponent
use one of your daily free attempts, or buy more with diamonds
autobattle, and let the broken RNG decide if you win or lose
diamond spenders get in the top of league
win some medals
get frustrated
etc.
etc.

(obviously, it's way too early to know, since it's not out on beta yet, but that's just what it looks like...)

You almost got it right.
AI decides, not RNG.

Salsuero

If I'm understanding this correctly... I'm out.

√ This element of the soccer event is terrible.
√ Medals? LMFAO
√ Diamonds means you can do more than the average Joe? No thanks.

This will be just another part of the game I don't have to bother with. At least I'm no longer going to be stressed out by my ego wanting me to win every tower each week. Now I can just finish GE on day one with current age troops only, not worry about spreading out my efforts to compete on multiple towers... which was fun when there were others trying to take multiple towers too. Don't need the medals now, won't need them when this thing goes live. A chance to lose troops but I don't get to know the makeup of the army I'll be sending my troops up against? Yeah, sounds like "fun".

Agent327

Because the battle system is all programmed.

True AI (computers making intelligent decisions by themselves, and basically programming themselves) is not reality yet. It's still sci-fi material.
The term AI is often used loosely in gaming.

Ah, ok, read it different. It's the AI used in most parts of the game and since everybody calls it that it would be useless to debate what it actually is.

Ah, ok, read it different. It's the AI used in most parts of the game and since everybody calls it that it would be useless to debate what it actually is.
Not useless in the slightest because you are wrong and were corrected, accurately, and now you don't like it. Get over it and move on. One reason for the forum is to help correct those when they are wrong so that others aren't using misinformation when making decisions as to how they choose to play.

Just breathe, you will be fine.

Agent327

Not useless in the slightest because you are wrong and were corrected, accurately, and now you don't like it. Get over it and move on. One reason for the forum is to help correct those when they are wrong so that others aren't using misinformation when making decisions as to how they choose to play.

Fights are done by the autobattle system that's refered to by almost all players as the AI, so yes, I am very wrong. Thanks for letting me know.

Kornflake

I'm sad that this won't be available in the Iron Age. Same as the Antique Dealer.

They should be careful adding more blatant pay to win features. They run the risk of no longer being considered a unique strategy game but instead a pay to win game.

Salsuero

Hopefully this will make GVG alive

Why would you think it related at all? GvG is browser only and most players are mobile now. GvG won't be impacted by this at all from what I'd expect. And why should it be? They have nothing to do with each other, except that the way it works now has the points farmed in GvG counting toward the towers (not that anyone farming those points really needs those medals). Taking the towers away is actually removing the one thing that would give current PvP players a reason to GvG. I see no reason for these players to all flock to GvG once this link goes away if they weren't there already.

DeletedUser4441

Did my first 5 on beta. Not impressed. The medium and hard selection for me to fight were 5 and 6 ages more advanced. It would be a very chilly day in the nether regions for me to even think my pme units could tackle VF and Sam troops.

WinnerGR

This is so complex becuse you need so many units to keep city defense , PvP defense and attacking armies balances as you can't use City Defense units in PvP defense but you can in attcking and you can't use PvP defense in attcking or City Defense so thats about 24 units allready.

Agent327

This is so complex becuse you need so many units to keep city defense , PvP defense and attacking armies balances as you can't use City Defense units in PvP defense but you can in attcking and you can't use PvP defense in attcking or City Defense so thats about 24 units allready.

Wow! 24 units. How on earth will you get those?

Status
Not open for further replies.