• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Upcoming PVP Arena Feedback

• Thread starter DeletedUser40816
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Emberguard

If locking up 24 units phases you... definitely don't play PvP. That's not why I won't be playing it... 24 units ain't nothing but the loss of a few dead skin cells for me... but if it matters to you, the good thing is -- it's optional.
Yeah might as well do something with the thousands of units just sitting there collecting virtual dust. If the losses are the hang up then no need to aim for 1st. Just stop at whatever would be worth the reward for the losses. If you're just not interested in the feature then no need to play it

emmagirl2

Yeah might as well do something with the thousands of units just sitting there collecting virtual dust. If the losses are the hang up then no need to aim for 1st. Just stop at whatever would be worth the reward for the losses. If you're just not interested in the feature then no need to play it
i only have 48 units

Emberguard

So make your decision based on how many units you're willing to lose for the feature. If it ends up being that a single battle per week gets you a reward then that's a pretty low cost and can be done with attached units to save your unattached units.

Agent327

Put put that infront of the rewards .
It doesn't seem worth it.

That is something else. If that is your point say that.

i only have 48 units

Then you will be left with 32 to use, unless you do not want to participate. You don't have to.

You feel confident enough to tell others how to built a succesfull guild. What would you tell your guildmembers if they told you they only had 48 units?

emmagirl2

That is something else. If that is your point say that.

Then you will be left with 32 to use, unless you do not want to participate. You don't have to.

You feel confident enough to tell others how to built a succesfull guild. What would you tell your guildmembers if they told you they only had 48 units?
I kill 50 in GvG daily and have 48 left over

Salsuero

Yeah might as well do something with the thousands of units just sitting there collecting virtual dust.

Pass.

If you're just not interested in the feature then no need to play it

Exactly! Just like with Cultural Settlements, that'll be me.

I kill 50 in GvG daily and have 48 left over

You just need to put a bit more effort in... I'm sure I have a small fraction of what the top players have:

Screen Shot 2020-07-13 at 2.15.36 PM.png

Last edited:

planetofthehumans2

After playing it a while, it was negligible at worst.
Just don't put a defending army and you wont participate. The prizes still sucked, but if you did very little you'd still get some FP and a free unit every week. If you absolutely want to place in the top 100, you'd have to be in SAA and spend diamonds for attacks with great attack and a solid army configuration. Defense was also negligible since nobody attacked me (minus points) and most top level players have enough attack power to overwhelm the best defense.

The glaring glitches were impossible fights (I was in LMA and was always paired with SAA players) which they're working on.

DeletedUser23482

Well Inno, I don't even need to wait for it to go live. I have played the game for over 4 years and watched as you destroyed the game. The PvP Towers was the last original feature left from when I started playing that you had not changed to make it worse than what it was. As of today my cities are cut off from the Town Hall and is being protected by one low level troop for all the PvP'ers that attack me. I loved the original game but it is now a totally new game and it is not worth playing anymore. Goodbye.

Farfle the smelly

There’s a bit of a bug in the chat box. The link doesn’t work, it goes to a blank oops message on the forum. Can others check theirs and let me know what they see before I report this as a bug?

Aggressor

So you can only auto-battle ?!?!?! Where's the skill in that? I thought it was supposed to be Player vs Player, not AI vs AI!
You're 100% right. It takes no talent to get on and spend 2 minutes of your day autobattling in the AI vs AI arena. It basically takes our valuable troops and gives them to a computer to dispose of. Literally ANYBODY can be good at this. From an FoE Hints video it looks like it is majorly broken as well. He is in TE and he played LMA people. Even though I may be more talented at fighting than some players in ages ahead of me, it doesn't matter. I will still lose on autobattle all of the time. He says it will all get balanced out, but I don't want a week of being attacked by TE players to cripple me. No thank you.
But, it sounds like if you wanna win you have to spend.... diamonds. Figured as much. The big diamond spenders in higher ages are going to demolish the lower ages players and of course use all of their attempts plus the diamond attempts on it. It won't even be a challenge for them. Disappointing.

UnStopaBull

its all about the prizes ...medals are a joke and I win 1st every PVP season only bc I fight BG so much...why? For the prizes

seems like a way for inno to kill our troops and get our diamonds

Nicholas002

The big diamond spenders in higher ages are going to demolish the lower ages players and of course use all of their attempts plus the diamond attempts on it. It won't even be a challenge for them. Disappointing.
No one in their right mind will spend diamonds on this. the reward for getting first overall, is only a 20% chance at 100 diamonds. that is 20 diamonds a week, if you win first every week. To break even on diamonds, you would have to spend less then 20 diamonds a week (not possible as each attempt takes 50 diamonds) and you would have to win first every week!!!

Aggressor

No one in their right mind will spend diamonds on this. the reward for getting first overall, is only a 20% chance at 100 diamonds. that is 20 diamonds a week, if you win first every week. To break even on diamonds, you would have to spend less then 20 diamonds a week (not possible as each attempt takes 50 diamonds) and you would have to win first every week!!!
No, people don't do it for rewards. If people did it for rewards then nobody would spend diamonds. People will spend diamonds for
1) Pride. They wanna be one
AND
2) Fights. They want to point farm
I know a lot of big headed people who wouldn't be able to stand not being ranked well. So they'd spend diamonds to feed their egos.

Nicholas002

1) Pride. They wanna be one
AND
2) Fights. They want to point farm
I know a lot of big headed people who wouldn't be able to stand not being ranked well. So they'd spend diamonds to feed their egos.
you ain't wrong about the egos. but I said no one "in their right mind", i.e. no rational player who's in-game actions are to benefit their city, and maximise resource use etc.

I'm also not sure if the battle points gained in this AivAi arena are counted towards global ranking?
and if they are, players get in plenty of fights in GBG, neighborhoods, RQs for SAAB, etc. even the most avid point farmers won't spend 50 dias just to get another fight...

DeletedUser24719

Just an aside! With all these so called 'improvements" when is INNO going to improve the tired, repetitive and lousy rewards one may get in GE? How about concentrating on improving the game play before introducing new ways for INNO to make more money!

Status
Not open for further replies.