• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Upcoming PVP Arena Feedback

• Thread starter DeletedUser40816
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Joeyjojojo

I don't think I'm going to read all (checks) 67 pages on the beta forum, but from what I have read the PvP is so severely flawed that it is beyond strange that they've already announced it here.

If they had replaced it with something like a hybrid between the towers and this PvP thing, maybe it could work: i.e. open the PvP menu, then select an age in which to battle/setup your defense. Perhaps also restrict it to +/- 5 ages from your own or put in some other handicap like attack/def bonus goes down by 8% of your current total for each age down you chose to fight. Units restricted to age selected (or older?). Then you could fight to the top of the EMA bracket without having to worry about running into a SAAB buzzsaw.

Nicholas002

If they have to do a PvP revamp, a neighborhood map, with rewards being fragments of a unique building would be the best, but there are already enough maps and fragments, so I say they just leave it as is.

Plunder Queen

If they have to do a PvP revamp, a neighborhood map, with rewards being fragments of a unique building would be the best, but there are already enough maps and fragments, so I say they just leave it as is.
I would like a unique building that only you could get for participating. That’s a good idea.

DeletedUser24719

We currently have GvG, GE, GBG,PvP towers and the battles required in the settlements! Why do we need more? Especially one that so many people find a joke! This was supposed to be a city building game and has morphed more into a battle game, most of which have absolutely nothing to do with city building! Add to that INNO's propensity to offer the lousiest awards possible and you have another boring feature. If they want a battle game then create on for crap sake and leave FOE alone! The first thing they need to do is spend some of that money on upgraded servers, reducing lag, improving ease of play, better rewards with increased chances of winning them. Eliminate many of the useless items, create a true market not the joke of Antiques Dealer or allow trades between guild members.

67Sage101

Before you enhance PVP battles here are some things to fix. I'm speaking from the perspective of EMA with about 2 to 3 months in the game.
1. Currently the game is a teeter-totter. Either I am focused on goods production or war production. Not both. So in GBG and GE, I exclusively negotiate. To gain new territory, I negotiate. I don't have enough extra attack bonus to use troops for anything in the game right now. I can't even defend myself from neighbors.
2. Even if I did have sufficient attack/defense bonus from war focussed GB's, it still takes too many citizens to run both goods and military production. I have pick one or the other. If I try to balance I'm always running out of troops and goods and never have any resources to battle or trade.
3. Having troops is not a requirement for completing research typically, so this is done with goods. Also you can't trade troops, only goods. The devs need to fix things so that its easier to maintain troops and goods production. A well functioning society should be able to do both. The fact that I can't points to unusual difficulties in the simulation.

Bottom line, if you want to provide a richer PVP experience, make it easier to do both good and troop production and by easier I mean faster..so that I don't have to sit around in the EMA for months collecting enough goods to move on. All I do is produce goods with multiples of every resource I have and each week I burn up all my goods negotiating in GBG and GE. At this point I'm never going up an age.

BruteForceAttack

Gone for now

" we have received impressive 2400 comments of feedback (EN and Beta forums) regarding the new PvP Arena feature. Most of those comments were requests to improve this feature and, therefore, as part of our culture to make Forge of Empires better, we have decided to deactivate the PvP Arena on September 7th, at 09:00 AM - CEST "

RazorbackPirate

Gone for now

" we have received impressive 2400 comments of feedback (EN and Beta forums) regarding the new PvP Arena feature. Most of those comments were requests to improve this feature and, therefore, as part of our culture to make Forge of Empires better, we have decided to deactivate the PvP Arena on September 7th, at 09:00 AM - CEST "
This is good news. Not that it's going ti be deactivated, but that the changes they'll be making are broad and deep enough that they need to take the Arena offline on order to make the changes they have slated. I'm sure we'll see it again, hopefully in a much improved form based on the customer feedback.

Nicholas002

I hope they make and arena with the same basic format, but instead of the whole server competing against each other, divide it by era.
but not strictly by era: they should divide each era into two groups, based on days played.
For Example: on a given world, there are 2,000 players in FE. the oldest player has been playing for 1,800 days, and the youngest player has been playing for 300 days. You would take the median number of days, and make that the dividing point. (say 1,300) so the oldest half of the FE players would be in one group, and the youngest half in another. the groups would be adjusted accordingly every season.

that would make about 1,000 players per arena, which IMHO is a perfect number for an arena. (according to Foe DB: US server has ~900,000 players/27 worlds/16 eras [EMA to SAAB]/2 is ~1,000)
It would be a hard competition to get to the top, but not impossible.

In addition, the rewards would have to be better. fragments of a unique building would be the primary reward, with diamonds and medals being the secondary reward.

anyway that's what I would like to see.

Tony 85 the Generous

So the main prize is Medals? How many, another thimble full?
Not peaking my interest.
My next expansion costs 1.1M medals (yea, I'm still sort of newbie-ish). If I were to come in 1'st in current PVP every week, for the next 70 YEARS I'll be there!!!
(Hum, I guess the thimble isn't even half full, is it?)

I don't suppose there is any chance this will get it down from decades to months, right? I should keep grinding the 1.9 thread for medals, right?
With a level 80 arc, 10k in the bank, and an active 1.9 thread you could be done in two weeks. I was. Now I'm stuck trying to figure out what to do with 14.1M medals in stock.

Status
Not open for further replies.