• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Upcoming PVP Arena Feedback

• Thread starter DeletedUser40816
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staint Michael

yup its not a good system. They almost have to make people anonymous. Though the the whole system its self is kinda bad to begin with. Just a way for people to spend diamonds on something else. though its such a bad system i dont think many will care to spend diamonds for it. Unless the rewards are stupid good.
yup its not a good system. They almost have to make people anonymous. Though the the whole system its self is kinda bad to begin with. Just a way for people to spend diamonds on something else. though its such a bad system i dont think many will care to spend diamonds for it. Unless the rewards are stupid good.
Ok, isn’t this sort of open for abuse?

You get points for successfully defending, so low age players with no chance or no interest of placing high could sell defeats for FPS.

example: my hard match is against a top 50 SAAB player who is competing for a top spot. I message him, and offer to lose against his defensive army in return for a few FPs. He gives me 5 FPs, and I attack his army with 1 useless unit. He gains points for successfully defending against my attack, and I gain FPs.

hey! This might be a cool feature after all.
Why would I pay forge points to a low ranking player to lose , it would not be worth the time, the effort , or the rewards for the higher ranking player.

Nicholas002

Why would I pay forge points to a low ranking player to lose , it would not be worth the time, the effort , or the rewards for the higher ranking player.
Unless the devs completely ignore the beta feedback, the rewards should get better by the time it hits live.

some players will spend diamonds on this, if not for the rewards, for the ego boost of getting first.
If they can gain 200 points by a) paying 50 diamonds for another attempt, or b) paying me 5 FP to lose, which do you think they will go for?

DeletedUser32578

Have been suffering through the new PVP on Beta. It's a horrible un-fun/unfair diamond sink. There are 42 pages of negative comments on that forum about it. Hopefully Inno will take them to heart and NOT put this change on the regular servers. They're bound to lose a lot of players if they do. I'm one of them. The new GVG change was great and did away with the complicated mess it was before, and made it worth playing, just for the immediate rewards. They made it even more worthwhile than GE. The present PVP is great. Hope they leave it as is.

Aggressor

Have been suffering through the new PVP on Beta. It's a horrible un-fun/unfair diamond sink. There are 42 pages of negative comments on that forum about it. Hopefully Inno will take them to heart and NOT put this change on the regular servers. They're bound to lose a lot of players if they do. I'm one of them. The new GVG change was great and did away with the complicated mess it was before, and made it worth playing, just for the immediate rewards. They made it even more worthwhile than GE. The present PVP is great. Hope they leave it as is.
you are 110% right.
I don't buy what Inno is saying one bit. They didn't want to "create a more meaningful PvP experience" , they wanted to make money. that's all they ever want. So if they add this to the game they will lose customers and money. At the very least nobody would spend money on it making it useless. So if Inno is wise they will not release this.

RazorbackPirate

I don't buy what Inno is saying one bit. They didn't want to "create a more meaningful PvP experience", they wanted to make money. that's all they ever want.
You say this like it's a bad thing. I want Inno to make money, and lots of it. By doing so, they can afford to keep adding cool new features to the game and keep expanding existing features with new ages, new Settlements, new GE prizes and new Events. On top of that, Inno continues to allow players, like me, to play the game 100% for free, something I've done from the beginning.

I also think this has the potential to "create a more meaningful PvP experience." As it stand today, I win the PvP tower almost every week without event trying or even paying attention to it. With the change, I will have to pay attention to it in order to win. And if I don't like it, I can ignore it. Certainly nothing to get my panties in a twist over.
So if they add this to the game they will lose customers and money. At the very least nobody would spend money on it making it useless. So if Inno is wise they will not release this
I wish I had 100 diamonds for every time someone has predicted the demise of the game over each change or new feature. I'd be right up there with the pay to play players. What's that mean? Inno's wisdom about what's good for the game far exceeds yours, or mine.

Given the money invested in the development of this new feature so far, Inno will absolutely release it on live. There may be some tweaks while on Beta, but a new PvP is coming, like it or not.

Aggressor

You say this like it's a bad thing. I want Inno to make money, and lots of it. By doing so, they can afford to keep adding cool new features to the game and keep expanding existing features with new ages, new Settlements, new GE prizes and new Events. On top of that, Inno continues to allow players, like me, to play the game 100% for free, something I've done from the beginning.
Yeah I want them to make money lol. I love playing free. But what I'm saying is this isn't gonna do it for them, so this will have been a wasted effort

Kornflake

I've been following this change even though it's not a major change. Ironically, I've chosen to camp in the Iron Age and as a result I'm going to get locked out of both the current Towers and this new feature. But, that's not why I'm still following this feature and writing about it now. I'm keeping an eye on it for the following reasons:

1. Is the game adding new content primarily just for the purpose of adding new content? I've seen long-running games degrade over time because they add layer upon layer of well-meaning features that end up deteriorating the core gameplay in the end. We should be more lenient towards game mechanics that are used only during events because events are temporary. However, in this case they are taking the soccer tournament style mechanics that from what I experienced did not receive rave reviews and are making that a permanent part of the game. In my opinion, they could probably come up with much more exciting ways to truly enhance PVP rather than this new feature.

2. Many of us are drawn to this game because it has a strong strategy component. Is the game adding more primarily pay-to-win features that more obviously attempt to pressure people to buy diamonds? One of the reasons I've enjoyed this game so far is that I've felt that diamonds are not a primary requirement of the game to stay competitive and I don't want to lose this. Having individual player ranking clearly displayed and tied to rewards combined with the ability to pay to essentially move up the rankings I think detracts from the strategy aspect of the game.

3. Are the developers listening to feedback? Do the developers have the courage to choose to not release an upcoming feature if it is not well polished?

Nicholas002

I've been following this change even though it's not a major change. Ironically, I've chosen to camp in the Iron Age and as a result I'm going to get locked out of both the current Towers and this new feature. But, that's not why I'm still following this feature and writing about it now. I'm keeping an eye on it for the following reasons:

1. Is the game adding new content primarily just for the purpose of adding new content? I've seen long-running games degrade over time because they add layer upon layer of well-meaning features that end up deteriorating the core gameplay in the end. We should be more lenient towards game mechanics that are used only during events because events are temporary. However, in this case they are taking the soccer tournament style mechanics that from what I experienced did not receive rave reviews and are making that a permanent part of the game. In my opinion, they could probably come up with much more exciting ways to truly enhance PVP rather than this new feature.

2. Many of us are drawn to this game because it has a strong strategy component. Is the game adding more primarily pay-to-win features that more obviously attempt to pressure people to buy diamonds? One of the reasons I've enjoyed this game so far is that I've felt that diamonds are not a primary requirement of the game to stay competitive and I don't want to lose this. Having individual player ranking clearly displayed and tied to rewards combined with the ability to pay to essentially move up the rankings I think detracts from the strategy aspect of the game.

3. Are the developers listening to feedback? Do the developers have the courage to choose to not release an upcoming feature if it is not well polished?
not sure if you're following on beta, but it appears they are making changes that players have requested, which is encouraging to me.
looks like they are adding manual fighting, which is the first step in the right direction of moving away from the soccer tournament style .
the next step would be to not have the whole world in the same arena.
they also increased the rewards, which are still negligible, but at least it's something...

DeletedUser24719

This new PVP feature is one of the worst features INNO has ever attempted. Kind of like the stupid theater feature the tried to roll out a couple of years ago. I am advising my members that unless there are major changes in game play and especially rewards to avoid this feature like the plague. And further we dont need another battle feature to start with!!

Plunder Queen

Can we get something better than medals? I don’t know, I’m on my last expansion and I’ll just be donating medals to my guild. Forge points and troops seem like a better reward, otherwise I’ll just skip this PVP thing altogether.

DeletedUser17710

That auto battle during the soccer event was an awful feature. I didn't talk to a single member who had anything good to say about it and most hated it. Why on earth would Inno feel this was something to be expanded on? And why replace the towers with it? Those towers are a way for fighters to see how they are stacking up against all the other fighters in their neighborhoods. Nobody in higher ages gave a crap about the medals it was just for bragging rights and a way to check on your weekly stats as a fighter.

Aggressor

And why replace the towers with it? Those towers are a way for fighters to see how they are stacking up against all the other fighters in their neighborhoods. Nobody in higher ages gave a crap about the medals it was just for bragging rights and a way to check on your weekly stats as a fighter.
Actually, I was thinking of this earlier.
I've heard and believe that you shouldn't age up until you are a top fighter in your age. How do you compare that to everybody else? Well the tournament tower of course. Nobody has ever cared about the medals if they are capable enough at the game to be able to win them. It's all about bragging rights. And that's fine. This wont be a more meaningful experience for PvPers, it will take away the meaningful towers if anything.

Nicholas002

since no one else has mentioned it... is this thread supposed to be called "Upcoming PVP Area Feedback" or "Upcoming PVP Arena Feedback"?

Status
Not open for further replies.