• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Update the DNS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony 85 the Generous

The last 6 ideas moved to unformatted have also been noted as DNS.

One of them I may be able to see how it fits the DNS, with VERY liberal application of artistic liberty reading the DNS. The other 5 I do not see how they fit the DNS. This is independent of whether I agree with them or not.

How about an updated DNS? And when moving an item that is DNS, noting which item or item(s) from the DNS is causing the idea to be locked.

Algona

... when moving an item that is DNS, noting which item or item(s) from the DNS is causing the idea to be locked.

Good idea. Guessing many would be what I'm seeing a lot right now:

• Ideas or suggestions about new features. Those need to be put in the feedback thread created to share your thoughts about that feature.
This seems to be interpreted to mean any Idea about anything that has an Official Feedback thred should be posted in that specific thread.

Sure would be nice if the mods added a link to the specific thread.

Agent327

DNS updates come from the devs, not from proposed ideas. Ideas are supposed to be about the game, not about the forum.

Ideas that are formatted and will be moved to the DNS are explained to the OP why.

Could label this as unformatted, but will move it to discussions

Suggestions made will be taken into consideration

Kranyar the Mysterious

Looking at most of the ideas moved to unformatted, I assumed from the way that they aren't even close to being properly formatted, that formatting was the reason they were moved. I doubt that mods even needed to cross-reference the DNS list to move them there, though most would probably be DNS as well.

Tony 85 the Generous

Looking at most of the ideas moved to unformatted, I assumed from the way that they aren't even close to being properly formatted, that formatting was the reason they were moved. I doubt that mods even needed to cross-reference the DNS list to move them there, though most would probably be DNS as well.
I am certainly not concerned/complaining/against the unformatted being moved to unformatted. Totally 1000% appropriate.

I am noting the number of DNS references being made with no item in the DNS remotely applicable.

Good idea. Guessing many would be what I'm seeing a lot right now:
  • Ideas or suggestions about new features. Those need to be put in the feedback thread created to share your thoughts about that feature.
This seems to be interpreted to mean any Idea about anything that has an Official Feedback thred should be posted in that specific thread.

Sure would be nice if the mods added a link to the specific thread.
The six I noted in the unformatted section are not 'new feature release' related.

Of the 10 most recent in the DNS section:
2 should be in their feedback threads
1 obviously on the DNS with correct reference
2 no reason given, is obviously on the DNS
3 no reason given, is not obvious or even vaguely on the be DNS
2 have been moved that are not on the DNS, predominately because they were misunderstood and the DNS item referenced doesn't actually apply to the idea. One deserves support but needs to be better written, pictures would help. The other need need better explanation to garner community support (personally I don't get it or the need for it)

That is 5 of 10 are not obviously or vaguely on the current DNS. But 2 of those 5 are not on the DNS but were moved to DNS because they were not explained well enough to avoid being misclassified.

Last edited:

Agent327

Forum Rules

- If you have a problem with the moderation of any subforum or the forum in general, please do not create a topic or post in public about it. Contact a moderator with your problem and we will either explain the reasons or do our best to solve the problem should one exist. Creating topics and posting about it only serves to increase public unrest and will not solve any problems.

Since that is where this is going now I am locking it.

Status
Not open for further replies.