• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Update to 1.179 - Feedback

DeletedUser44834

The update to 1.179 will arrive on Wednesday, May 27th. Read all about it here and let us know your feedback below!

Last edited by a moderator:

WinnerGR

Before anybody asks :
The Dynamic Tower has been changed to Truce Tower and its design will be reworked soon. In the meantime, the building will be replaced by a Construction Site. The skills and stats will, however, remain unaffected.
The theory on Beta is that this is because of copyright issues in the name and graphics because usually all this would happen on Beta and there would never be such a bad looking building on live.
And also are there meant to be two Bugfixes BP code headings?
Screenshot 2020-05-21 at 11.26.30 AM.png
Though I suppose it is intended if EN and Beta have it the same way

RazorbackPirate

It would be explicit admission of copyright / trademark or such like violation.
Rumor on Beta is that Inno licensed the ability to use the name and building likeness from the designer. Since Tomorrow Era was introduced on April 16th 2015, it stands to reason that if they signed a 5-year agreement, that agreement has just expired. Instead of renewing the agreement, they've chosen to rename and redesign the building.

I suspect they were either reminded of the expiration by the licensee, or were unable to negotiate an extension/renewal for a suitable price. As such, they need to immediately remove and rename the Dynamic Tower while they design a replacement. Hence the construction site in the interim, until the new design is complete, and the new graphics can be introduced.

To me, this is just the latest example of FoE lasting beyond what anyone originally imagined. I'm sure in 2015, a 5 year licencing agreement seemed more than they would ever need, yet here we are. Kudos to Inno.

planetofthehumans2

Dynomite Tower: wtf inno??

Also hoping that mobile will be able to switch buildings in the build menu like you can on PC. Right now you have to delete the whole building to make space or it wont let you move it to that area.

Dynomite Tower: wtf inno??

Also hoping that mobile will be able to switch buildings in the build menu like you can on PC. Right now you have to delete the whole building to make space or it wont let you move it to that area.

Have you never used the reconstruction mode? If not, you should try it before deleting buildings.

qaccy

I'm just sad knowing that whatever the new visual is for the Dynamic Truce Tower, it won't be animated...I always get a little giddy when a GB is animated because they usually aren't, and I just know that number just decreased by one. :( Prove me wrong!

Zatrikon

The animation of the Dynamic Tower,while kind of cool, doesn't really make sense. It spins WAY too fast. All the furniture and people would be flung to the outside walls like in a carnival ride.

The Lady Redneck

I Googled the Dynamic Tower. It is not built yet, but is supposed to be in Dubai. And will be 80 Stories high. Shops on the ground floor, then offices. Then on the higher levels luxury apartments. Each floor can rotate clockwise or anti clockwise and the direction and speed will be voice controlled. I live in Hurricane country, The idea of a building like that scares the heck (being polite here) out of me.

DeletedUser17988

Any idea how long this building will be in construction mode?

NotLost

Don't know how important this is, but the building is still called the Dynamic Tower in the highlights of the Tomorrow Era in the tech tree.

If this change was made for trademark reasons it should probably be updated asap

DevaCat

"Truce Tower" is kind of a lame name imho, not at all in keeping with a game that exhorts us to go out and plunder our neighbors. :)

I think Inno missed an opportunity here. We could have had a naming contest. Although with the squawking going on about the Checkmate, I wouldn't want to have to moderate one. Heavy editing probable. :D