• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Update to 1.185 - Feedback

Nicholas002

Idea: The new info-box in the cultural settlements should show the sum of goods needed to unlock subsequent advancements instead of showing the amount needed as if we have already payed for the previous advancements.

Have you Checked the Ideas section for the same idea posted by someone else? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested? No search was needed, as the feature is so new. However, @Vger did note this same problem in the feedback thread here. No one responded to it in the feedback thread, so I put it in a proper suggestion in this thread.

Reason: It makes no sense to see that right now I have enough axes to unlock the wool farm, when in reality, I will have to produce 88 more axes to be able to unlock the wool farm, since I will have to use many axes on the advancements that come before the wool farm. Presumably, this info box was created to reduce the amount of calculation players have to do. However, in it's current state, it only reduces the amount of calculations needed for the next advancement, and not for the subsequent advancements. This change to the info box would allow it to fulfill its purpose of reducing the hassle of calculating needed goods.

Details: The new info box would show the total amount of each good you will need to unlock the various advancements. Same goes for diplomacy.

For example: right now, it shows that I need 12 more axes to unlock the beast hunter, but I will have to spend 24 axes on the hut, so I will actually need 36 more axes for the beast hunter. The fact that I will need 12 more after unlocking the hut is useless information. What would be useful information is how many I need to produce total in order to unlock the beast hunter.

Visual Aids:
-------------------------------------Current>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Proposed------------------------------------

2020-08-22 23_07_15-Forge of Empires - Copy.png 2020-08-22 23_07_15-Forge of Empires.png

(even if you don't like the proposal, at least appreciate the editing job :))

Balance: N/A

Abuse Prevention: N/A

Summary: this change would make the info box actually useful, and would cut down on the amount of calculations needed, which is (I think) its original purpose.

Agent327

There is no need to put this in an idea. While ideas need player approvement, feedback doesn't. All feedback gets forwarded to the devs, so this will already be forwarded.

Adding it to the feedback.

AwesomeAadi10

So is there a need to put in a bug report saying how the research costs in the tech tree isn’t there on mobile or is there no need?

Joeyjojojo

So far as the Antiques dealer commentary, adding new items does make it a longer time to get anything useful. While I don't support removing older special buildings & kits, I do think that some things aren't really "antiques" like BPs, FPs, goods, supplies, coins, potions, boosts, military units/buildings (including rogue hideout), reno/1-up/store bldg kits... and those things could be removed imo. If it wasn't for the fact that SoK upgrades are AD only I'd put SoK's on that list too. There are plenty of other "antique" items that are not desirable to serve as filler so that people aren't maxing out another event building every week.

Ericness

Now that I've had a few days with it, I really do not like the units era lock feature. I auto battle a lot in GbG and this has made switching troops downright painful. I'm sure I'll get used to it eventually, but since they call it "An era lock option" in the release, is there a way to disable it I'm just not seeing (on mobile)?

AwesomeAadi10

Now that I've had a few days with it, I really do not like the units era lock feature. I auto battle a lot in GbG and this has made switching troops downright painful. I'm sure I'll get used to it eventually, but since they call it "An era lock option" in the release, is there a way to disable it I'm just not seeing (on mobile)?
I don’t think there is a way to disable it but you can always keep it all “All Ages” which is the default.

DeletedUser27537

It's as if the feedback is only for mods to ignore. FOR YEARS

DeletedUser27537

I don’t think there is a way to disable it but you can always keep it all “All Ages” which is the default.
Keeping it in All Ages with no filter would force you to side scroll through every light unit to get to rogues. Is that your easy" solution to this OOOOOOLD issue?

DeletedUser27537

Whoever thought those army filter changes are a good idea probably never did more than 5 battles at once. We've been asking for a rogues filter since forever and when they finally touch the army management, they do this. Unbelievable.
Mods don't listen to the players and there is noway they actually play the game on mobile or they'd quickly realize its a broken system and has been for many years.

DeletedUser27537

The Army improvements mostly escape me except staying in the Age you set it for which may help on the AA map. It would have been more helpful to tag the Rogues on the end of the Type specific button since so many of us play a couple of one kind plus the rest Rogues. You still have to click around to get to both.
I'm trying to understand the supposed benefit of some of the new updates. It used to take one click to plunder a city you just attacked or one click to go back to your own. They improved it to take two clicks to plunder and still one to go back to your city.
<Randy thinks I'm just dense to not appreciate the awkwardness & extra work in the "improvement" :)
Accessing rogues has always been an issue and every time someone proposes a rogue tab another mod tells you just workaround and select another age. Well now that the age locks yuo have to go back and forth between your age and another age you have ceared out your lights then back to your age and back to this age every battle. It's as if the mods never play on mobile and only want our feedback to ignore it. Over all these years it's been the same issue with the same "solutions."

DeletedUser27537

I would love a rogues only tab. Would make my life 100 times easier.
A rogue tab would be too logical. Just click back and forth, back and forth every battle or scroll scroll scroll then when you finally load your army the war is over. We spend more time loading armies than battling, which is ridiculous. I know that term is used loosely but its literally ridiculous for it to be this tedious.

Plunder Queen

A rogue tab would be too logical. Just click back and forth, back and forth every battle or scroll scroll scroll then when you finally load your army the war is over. We spend more time loading armies than battling, which is ridiculous. I know that term is used loosely but its literally ridiculous for it to be this tedious.
Yeah, maybe if I’m lucky I’ll be the one that flips the sector because I’m taking 39 seconds loading my army.

DeletedUser35761

Please make the era lock option an actual option so we can disable it. I don't mind using a workaround to select rogues, but all this does is make the workaround take twice as long for every battle which really adds up if you fight a lot of battles.

Nicholas002

@Agent327 can you confirm that our feedback is reaching the devs?
There has been a lot of thoughtful feedback in this thread, including my proposal which you moved here, as well as the suggestion for a rogues-only tab.

It would be nice to know if this is actually getting through, instead of getting buried here...
And if it's not getting through, I will make more proposals.

Plunder Queen

@Agent327 can you confirm that our feedback is reaching the devs?
There has been a lot of thoughtful feedback in this thread, including my proposal which you moved here, as well as the suggestion for a rogues-only tab.

It would be nice to know if this is actually getting through, instead of getting buried here...
And if it's not getting through, I will make more proposals.
Rogue tab would be a game changer. Swiping through 40 imperial guards just to get to my rogues is not fun.

Aggressor

I use light units a lot more than youd expect. I don't see much of a similarity in use between rogues and lights. Basically, I don't see them as interchangeable units that I would want in the same tab. A rogues only tab would be so nice.