• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

upgrade kit vs reno kit

If I purchase an upgrade kit in the antiques dealer for my Hippodrome Spherdone, when I upgrade it will it also change it to my current age or do I also need a reno kit to do that? I am asking because my venetoi track is an earlier age and gives me goods so I would rather use my reno kit there to get current goods. Thanks for your help on this.

Pickleweasel

If you use an upgrade kit it will indeed update to your current age. However, if your building is already at the maximum level (level 6 in this case), you cannot use an upgrade kit on it at all.

Ebeondi Asi

The upgrades to an event building will bring that building to the current age. even if the building was more than one Era back before the upgrade is applied. you do not need any additional sort of kits to move it up to your current level.

The One up kit will move a building one Era up to the maximum of the current Era. . You can use miltiple One Up kits to move the building up more than one level. but it is one level per one up use.
On the other hand a Reno kit brings any building to the current level Era. one Era or many. brings up to the current level.
Both oneup and Reno kits will not act on buildings that are in the curent Era already
And finally Buildings you buy that are not a partial kit will stay at the Era you bought them in, even though left in storage and not used until after you move up an Era or more. those buildings would need a one up or reno kit to move them up Era.
A partial Event building kit is different. It does not have an age until it is used. so the kit parts will be the age you use it in. And move up the building it is added to, to the current age.
I hope that is a full answer to the op question.