• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

upgrade your cities!

Dursland

I see so many players in top 100 with rows full of Colossus or even Governor's Villa. Those are totally outclassed by newer buildings and I don't see many people with them. They're stubbornly sticking to their old buildings.

Governor's Villa is 30 tiles and gives 35% boost at best. Meanwhile Bistro is 20 tiles and gives 29% already in TE (27% for the villa at this era).

The st patrick's building is gonna be even better, and the event will have eagle mountains too. Time to upgrade everyone!

Emberguard

Sure, but if you spent a lot of money or diamonds then you're probably not going to want to get rid of it for a while

Pericles the Lion

The st patrick's building is gonna be even better, and the event will have eagle mountains too. Time to upgrade everyone!
What they said ^^^ and,

Unless INNO makes a few more adjustments, getting the fully levelled Druid Hut for free will be a huge grind. Also, since kits for previous event buildings can only be obtained by opening chests there is probably no way to get a full set unless lots of diamonds are spent. In my case, I have 3 GVs in my main city. I suppose I could spend a lot of diamonds to get 3 complete Celtic Farmsteads (same footprint). How much do you think I should spend for an incremental 9% of attack when I already have 2656%? ;)

Dursland

Right if you're already at 2656 there's not much to worry about. Dilmun is really where people will be spending, a lot of us still below 1000/1000.

Ebeondi Asi

I have to agree why does it matter to you? Worry about your own city. Those players are happy, why can't you be happy for them LOL
Though the comment about Gov Villa is true. But there is a difference between spending another thousand dollars per city in an event to replace ten Governor's Villa .. or not since it is barely worth the added boost.
Send me three grand for my three cities and I will happily upgrade my Governor Villas so you can be at peace

Last edited:

Dursland

I like seeing others succeed, getting the best they can. Players always talk about wanting more boosts, yet don't optimize their cities for it. That's what gets me involved, thank you.

xivarmy

I like seeing others succeed, getting the best they can. Players always talk about wanting more boosts, yet don't optimize their cities for it. That's what gets me involved, thank you.
Perhaps you should talk to the individual players with that complaint then? Because the top 100 probably aren't the ones that think more boost is hard to get :p They're the ones that think there's not much point to getting even more boost ;)

----

It's not a city full of colossi that's the problem with people who wish more boost was easier. A city full of colossi would help them in fact if it were randomly gifted to them.

Rather it's accumulating things in a cost-effective manner that meet with your goals in every event consistently. i.e. if the one thing someone wants is more boost, they could've gone for a terracotta vineyard (lv 1) + a bunch of chains this event. No it's not the most space efficient option, but it's *very* special-efficient! Say with 15 specials, you could walk out with 14 * 8% = 112% extra attack boost from fields + the pergola from a single event. One day they'll delete them for something more efficient overall - but it's a lot of attack boost *now*.

Chains, Checkmate Squares, Fall Fields, etc - buildings that only have a single level - they're the key to getting a lot of boost in a hurry without a lot of $.

Of course perhaps their goal isn't as strongly biased towards more boost as you indicate. Maybe they settle instead on a Level 10 Fiore Village - which is still not an ideal option but at least on top of ~20-30% defense for their attacking army it gives them FP and a bunch of goods :) And that will add up over time too.

Johnny B. Goode

Maybe you should message each one of them individually. That would actually get you involved. Posting about it here does nothing of value. It only makes you seem like you're looking down on other players that don't maximize their cities to your standards. And besides all that, maybe their definition of optimizing their cities is different from yours. Or they may have decided that they're not going to spend like that anymore with the direction Inno is taking the game. Lots of reasons why they may not manage their cities to your liking.

The Lady Redneck

Governor's Villa is 30 tiles and gives 35% boost at best
How you play the game and what you need is totally different as you progress through the game. It is not all about the the highest attack boost. If you are in the top 100 you will probably have all the muscle (and more) that you need. Gov Villa for instance, also gives troops. If you have Traz set up to produce your main fighting troops. And you fight GvG you need a source of other troops to use as fills. Same in GBG, you can use those troops for low attrit fights and keep your best ones for when your attrit is getting higher. So for that reason it could be of more value to your game than a newer building that just has a higher attack boost. Weighing up all an Event building offers and how it works along with GBs and other Event buildings to suit your needs. Is the main consideration.