• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

upgrading residences

garyb50

I need to upgrade the housing in my city, but when I try to sell a house to replace it with a larger residence, the game says I have too many people employed to sell the house. How do I get around this. Sorry for the noob question.

Many thanks,

gb

The Lady Redneck

You need to clear space to give you room to build one of the new houses. That will give you enough population to replace an old one with a new one. After that you will have enough pop to maybe do 2 or three at a time

CherryButterfly

The problem is that all of your available population are taken up by working at your goods producing buildings. If you add all that are required for each goods buildings, you do not have enough left over, spare population, to ditch the house you are trying to ditch.
The number at top, with the people is your spare population, if the building you are trying to ditch has over that number, then you would not have enough to run your goods buildings. So, you would have to build the larger building, wait till that population is added, then ditch the old building. ok?

The Lady Redneck

Also (incase you have not found this out already) If the new house is the same size as the old one, you do not need to delete it to build the new one. Simply click on the new one in the build menu and place it over the old one and it will automatically replace old with new. Just saves a bit time. :)

Farfle the smelly

Also (incase you have not found this out already) If the new house is the same size as the old one, you do not need to delete it to build the new one. Simply click on the new one in the build menu and place it over the old one and it will automatically replace old with new. Just saves a bit time. :)
What is this sorcery?! I had no idea!