• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Uradel in Brisgard

• Thread starter DeletedUser2193
  • Start date

DeletedUser2193

Hello, I am Lady Caroline Red of Uradel.

Uradel was founded in 600 AD. We wanted to be a peaceful village, but alas the harsh realities of life soon beset our poor hutters and hunters...the years became long and hard. We struggled mightily........until my rich lover in Greifental Lord Willaim of Orance helped me. He sent an envoy of 100 crossbow men with coarse cloth bag of DIAMONDS! The villagers Cheered........we captured lands and territories, we built better housing, and with my direction the village became happy! I gave them the public bath, the theater, the pillories, the school, and the thriving market.There were many trades and much goods being produced. We became deeply military and well protected by our miltary and our village was safe....

Then sad times came again........we spent everything we had, the plagues caused by an evil witch.........and to make matters worse there is dissension amongst the people.

The Uradel General Election is coming up in the early winter month and my advisers have informed me that there is small faction of "peace-bots".....wanting to greatly demilitarize, avoid the towers, and worse NOT WORK! They want to sit around and complain, they block roadways, they distress and disrupte the villagers who love the trades of copper, iron and alabaster.
To think that a small outsider group could oust me and destroy the quality of life in our village is outrageous.

The majority of my people love and respect my beliefs, and wish to continue to forge ahead with more well trained military, new trades centers, better housing....and I have proposed a "daily draft" of slingers and archers.
My loyal constiuents now have taken matters into their own hands and the pillories are always in use for the disruptors.
Every morning I rise at 5am to prepare for the tournaments in the towers. I relish the battle and my people are grateful for more land.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2193

Oct 09 100 A.D.

This Wednesday is Uradelei Days....a celebration for our village. The goods producers may shut down at noon, school is out, the tavern has free mead, The brew ha ha will last into the wee hours and possilbly the weekend. Most warriors will return from battle......everyone feels great ANT1CIPATION!

DeletedUser2193

DarkTwist.......there are so many concerns I have for Uradel.....I have two village overseers of opposing views......and the town criers are determined to motivate the people to tally one over the other in the time before Solstice......but then they are the "media" and well paid with honey and copper cups to ribble rabble about........i

It has been rumored that one overseer was not born in our village! That he comes from afar! He comes on a Pale Horse! Alack, my simple people speak riddles! Alas........I Lady Caroline Red know our village, know our people........we want safety, a good trading atmosphere, housing, and a strong forces to defend......many sleepless nights have my ministers and advisors. I consulted the village witches Lorraine Von Defelt and Robynal Von Litzow, and they said "He is a Pale Rider"" who will bring more famine, sadness, and secretly allies with Uradel's sworn advarsaries.

Only quick decisive action on my part can save my beloved Uradel from ruin and invasion.......I lead my people to arm and arm well, lest spies, and traitors infiltrate and thieve our goods, and bring disaster.

Come to Uradelei Days......the festivities are magnificent..........and the Brewhaha, Ha is one of the best ........in Brisgard.......!!!

Last edited by a moderator: