• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Use up remaining event rewards

Kiwi666

I propose a way you can use up remaining event rewards. E.g. at the end of the Spring event, I am left with 19 trees. Even I have finished the event completely, I cannot use the remaining trees and they are now deleted. I would propose a way you can use these remaining rewards. E.g. convert them into coins, supplies, etc.

DeletedUser26532

A) this is not in the correct format.

B) Ripe for abuse. Someone doesn't like the prizes in the event, saves up every piece of event currency anyway, hits a massive payday on the final day.

There may be other solutions but this is not the correct one.

DeletedUser32328

In all likelihood, you could have opened another chest with those 19 trees.
What are you proposing actually? What would you trade them in for? What's the conversion rate? This is so vague, it's impossible to discuss.

Arya66

I would support this IF the "remaining" items could not be used, i.e. not enough to open another chest. If they can be spent, they would not qualify. This would make sure that:

B) Ripe for abuse. Someone doesn't like the prizes in the event, saves up every piece of event currency anyway, hits a massive payday on the final day..

wouldn't happen.

DeletedUser8428

So this isn't really a proposal, it's just a thought. I applaud you for thinking about it - if you have the germ of an idea that you'd like to knock around with other gamer, please put it in Forge Hall for discussion - this thread is for already thought out ideas that have been put in the proper format to demonstrate knowledge of the idea, potential for abuse, etc.

You can find the "format" people talk about here - The title is Proposal Guidelines [READ BEFORE POSTING].
https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/proposal-guidelines-read-before-posting.139/

DeletedUser26532

I would support this IF the "remaining" items could not be used, i.e. not enough to open another chest. If they can be spent, they would not qualify. This would make sure that:

wouldn't happen.

Good point.

Perhaps some special 'last day only' chest that costs all remaining currency and gives you a change at things roughly equivalent to the lowest cost chest.

That way you only get one use, no special benefits, and no one is going to save up a massive amount of currency for it.

DeletedUser10720

A "last day only" offer. Once you have used all available options on chests and cannot afford any more. A single quest offering the X value for the difference of one final chest would work.

DeletedUser21322

Please use proper proposal format, or this thread will be moved.

DeletedUser29623

I’m pretty sure the point of players being left with odd amounts of event currency is to prompt them to round it up by spending diamonds

wolfhoundtoo

Given that players can choose which chest to open (which have different costs) I think you are asking too much for Inno to make sure that you always come back to zero. And yes the urge to use up all of the event currency could result in people paying diamonds for some more.