• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Valentine's Day Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser2145

:smile: Hello Kings and Queens! :smile:

We are pleased to announce a Valentine's contest on the Forum starting this Sunday, February 1st, and running 14 days until February 14th (2015 obviously). Each day, we will post a trivia question or puzzle, with the opportunity for one or more players to win a prize. Most days you have a chance to win just by participating, so you should give it a try even if you don't like trivia or puzzles!

(On the days when a random draw award is available, the recipient will be determined based either on pre-selected post numbers, basically we've picked certain post numbers and whoever ends up having that numbers wins, OR by using a random number generator, basically we input a minimum and maximum possible number and the computer selects a number in-between)

The prizes will vary, but we think you'll find them all worthwhile. As a teaser, the prizes for February 1st will include unattached units and forge point packages!

To keep things fair, you get only one entry per player per day. If you submit more than one entry, we will ignore any after the first (and will delete them so they do not influence the recipients of the random draw prizes).

Each day's contest will have a separate entry thread, and you should use that thread only to reply to that day's question(s). The contest for each day will begin at 10 p.m. EST (two hours after GvG timer change) and will run for 24 hours, after which the thread will be locked. Once we clean up the thread, we will announce the winner(s) for that day.

Each entry MUST include the following information to be eligible for a prize:
User name: (your game username)
World: (which world do you want the prize applied to? Only one world may be selected)
Answer: (please make sure your answer is clear)

You are NOT allowed to edit your posts. Any post that has been edited will be considered invalid and won't be considered for any prize. The Prizes are not transferable from one world to another, so whichever world you list in your response is where the prize will go.

Our goal is to have some fun and share some love as we head toward Valentine’s Day! Come participate and get in on the contest!

Sincerely,
Your Forge of Empires Team

ETA: The daily tasks and entry threads can be found in the CONTESTS AREA (click that, it's a link). A new thread will be open each day at 10 pm EST and will close after 24 hours. All you have to do is open that thread, read the first post and respond with the required information (username, world for rewards, and the answer to the question/riddle).

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser6497

Sounds like fun. :) Will there be a link for each day's contest in the game or do we need to go to the forum to search for the thread?

DeletedUser

Are we skipping a Valentine's Day Event this year? Haven't heard much so far.

DeletedUser2145

@Valekyrie --- the threads will be in this section "Contests" under the "Tavern" area. We don't have any active threads going on in here so the Valentine's thread should always be visible at a glance on the forum. :) We will not be providing a link ingame for each thread, that would be a bit spammy since not everyone may want to be involved with the contest, and those announcement are reserved for special occasions only.

@Luke --- This is a contest hosted by the moderating team here. Whether or not there is an event in the game is not related to this. We can only wait and see if one starts.

DeletedUser

Sounds like a lottery. 1 in a million will get a prize and for only 1 world. Not much of an event imo. Will this be taking the place of all the other events as well?

DeletedUser2744

Better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick, wjashley. They don't have to do anything.

DeletedUser11623

Well seeing how it's a moderator hosted event there won't be any new content... just old buildings and resources that players who have already basically beaten the game have no use for.

Inno creates several new games that are very similar to it's already existing ones and new content becomes scarcer and scarcer for these older games. This can make many players feel like the game they're playing is being left behind to collect dust, while newer games get all their attention and focus.

-This comment is not "imposing derogation" on Inno's products or personnel, but rather is the opinion of some in the FOE community.

DeletedUser2145

Sounds like a lottery. 1 in a million will get a prize and for only 1 world. Not much of an event imo. Will this be taking the place of all the other events as well?
What all other events? This is in no way related to events in the game. There WILL be new events in the game itself, but when or when is not something that can be answered, just keep you eyes out for announcements for those. These contests here on the forum are in no way related to those, it's the moderating team hosting these contests on the forum.

That being said, yes, there will be no "new prize" that has not been introduced to the game before. But there will still be prizes which can be useful to any player in the game, older or newer, and they can be won with almost no effort. The contest is trivia, all one needs to do is look up an answer if they don't already know the answer. It's easier to complete than the majority of the quests in the game and can provide a better reward.

Finally, this contest is completely optional. Those who do not want to participate, who believe it's not worth their time, they don't have to. This is why there's only one announcement and folks won't be bugged about it again. It means more chances for those who do want to participate to earn themselves a reward. :)

DeletedUser9681

Thank you, I will be here. I am not real lucky, picking a name out of a hat type things I never win, but if there are opportunities for all, even the unlucky, I will continue to visit. Thanks!

DeletedUser8861

There will be at least one day where everyone who participates will have the opportunity to win...hey we like giving out prizes...and the more people who play the more prizes we will give out! :D

DeletedUser10554

I agree waste of time one entry for one world and then a drawing... naw that part of the VD event is a waste. But never like trivia in the first place, waste of brain storage.

DeletedUser8428

I'm interested in a ton of things. Trivia? Sure, ok. But I'm thrilled to not have to focus on essential information every minute.

DeletedUser8861

We like to have fun, and I think this contest will be fun...it is hard as the fact that we conduct the contest on the forum limits our creativity somewhat...

DeletedUser2145

I agree waste of time one entry for one world and then a drawing... naw that part of the VD event is a waste. But never like trivia in the first place, waste of brain storage.

Then you're free to not participate or partake in any way in any of the Valentine Threads. As it's been pointed out it's optional, the more players find it a waste of space, it means others can more easily win rewards.

Thank you for you understanding and enjoy the game.

DeletedUser3877

Sweet! I'm looking forward to this :) Just to making sure I got this right - The event will start tonight 1/31 at 10:00 EDT?

And to all the peeps who are wondering IF there will be an official Inno Valentines Event, The answer is yes. It arrived on Beta a few days ago.

DeletedUser15734

Sounds like fun, I will be ready to give it a try. Thanks have a good day my friends

DeletedUser13651

I think this is super cool. Some people get so critical they forget to appreciate that any bonus is an added bonus, and if they don't like it, they can choose not to participate. Thanks for taking the time to do this!
One thing I don't understand is how do the forum moderators award prizes? Is there like a "budget" that is given by the FOE team for awards and contests, or is it from a stock that they themselves have on the actual game? And if so, is it a special privilege for the form moderators, or can anyone "gift" or "award" buildings, FPs, BPs, etc to other players?

Status
Not open for further replies.