• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Valentine's Day Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser9681

I personally have not won a prize, I am generally a few hundred down in the list, so I am not getting a benefit from anything. Everyone that is complaining about "fairness", is upset about the value or amount of prizes, or has any "complaint" and not a "thank you" followed by a suggestion for future events is whining and needs to grow up, plain and simple. Sorry if this hurts your feelings, but it's a big cold, hard world out there, and someone needs to start talking to you like an adult, not babying you. From the beginning, it was made clear that this is just a small extra thing that a few people on the moderating staff are trying to throw to be cool, generous and fun. To complain at all is bad form, bad manners and just rude. This was not promised to you, not promoted and advertised as being bug-free, or bankrolled by Inno to provide time and support of developers to polish it up. Complaining about a gift just makes the person sure to never try to give you a present again, not strive harder to please your spoiled behind. No matter how hard you try, someone will get some advantage, but winners find a way to win, while losers complain that life isn't fair. You didn't "win" anything by the fact that a different type of winner was chosen, the instructions clearly stated that there would be a different winner each day, not all would be first correct answer. Either way, there is a thing called a "Pyrrhic victory". which means that you won, but really lost overall. If your rude, ungrateful comments caused a change, only to have the organizers say "let's not bother doing that again", then we all lose in order for you to "win". Try using a kind, helpful suggestion, and adding a "thanks", and you wouldn't be considered whining.
Example: "Thanks for the cool mini-event! I'm digging the concept, but have you considered changing the contest times for different days, not using the first answer or somehow spreading the chance to win around, since it's easier for some to be on at that time? Thanks Guys!"
Remember, these mods are not getting rich for doing this, they are not your kids or employees. Speak to them the way you would like to be addressed by people that you are going out of your way to throw a small party for. How would you like your guests to start complaining about the snacks you offer at a party with free admission? How would you want them to phrase that to you?

Lol, this is the first logical thing you have said. Ummm, was that your behavior here, I think you should practice what you preach, you are a hipocrite:

People need to stop complaining about everything. Life does not owe you fairness, you owe the world your best effort. Fair is where you ride ferris wheels and eat cotton candy, and even there you need money to get in.
If you are too busy making real money to be first to answer, you still have a chance to win a 'random' prize, so be happy that you have a job and stop whining over the equivalent of a couple day's treasure hunt in rewards. Be glad someone is offering your ungrateful behind anything more than a swift kick in the pants! This is EXTRA CREDIT, a bonus, not something owed to you. You want better prizes, then wait for the Official Valentine's event - hopefully there will be a quest for acting like a baby so you can finally win a prize!

- - - Updated - - -

BTW, if there's only one prize for correct answer, why do like 90% of people put the same thing? You can't know which person/movie/etc. they are eluding to for sure, so why not try something different than the last 50 people?

DeletedUser2145

I have moved all posts from the winners/answers thread to this one. That one will remain closed so it's easily visible who the winners are. If you have any questions, comments, or feedback for THIS contest, please leave them in this thread. If you have any suggestions in general (not related to this particular contest) please direct them to a moderator through a message. If you need to discuss something else, feel free to create a new thread in the Forge Hall area.

Let us all please mind the FORUM RULES when using the forum. We appreciate all feedback and critics, we're glad for the interest players are showing the activities we're doing, so keep the comments coming. As previously mentioned we won't be applying changes to the ongoing contest, so there's no point in arguing over that. If the thread keeps going off-topic we'll be forced to close it to keep it clean and answers to past questions visible --- since that doesn't go in anyone's favor, let's just try to enjoy the contest please and thank you. :)

DeletedUser14965

The prizes are kinda (Ok, VERY) lame. How about some renovation kits, etc. Sheesh. 10 FP? No one gets out of bed for that. How about 250 FP? You seriously have 400 posters fighting for literal scraps. A couple of unattached units? An alcatraz spits 3X that out every day! How about some diamonds? or a wishing well? or Shrine of Knowledge?

DeletedUser2145

Those posters only have to answer a simple question, with all due respect the prizes you list are way too excessive for the "work" the contest involves. Larger prizes will be given out for harder contests which actually involve the player to put some effort into their entry. If you feel the prize is not worthy of the participation then you do not have to partake.

DeletedUser8428

And frankly, I would gratefully accept 10 FP that someone was giving me for no reason at all. .

DeletedUser2145

All off topic comments will be deleted (and no notice will be sent out because there are too many). Apologies if that feels harsh, but I'd rather the staff keeps their sanity than have everyone just vent in this thread. There are countless threads on the forum in which you can do that, feel free to use them. Keep this thread only for questions related to the event.

Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser15563

The 4th day contest only says there will be 5 random winners among the participants, but doesn't specify if we have to correctly answer the contest question to be a participant. The prizes listed, 10 forge points (x5), also seem to correspond to these 5 random participants. What do we get for answering the question?

DeletedUser8861

The 4th day contest only says there will be 5 random winners among the participants, but doesn't specify if we have to correctly answer the contest question to be a participant. The prizes listed, 10 forge points (x5), also seem to correspond to these 5 random participants. What do we get for answering the question?

For today there is no "right" answer...we will select 5 people (randomly from all the participants) to win a prize.

DeletedUser15225

I thought there was supposed to be an in game valentines day quest line. Something to do with Robin Hood or something. Was I not hearing right on this. Thank you.

- - - Updated - - -

I agree you can do the treasure hunt in game and have better odds. I do think you have to make it worth it for us to keep coming here to post instead of using the little time we have for actually playing the game. Plus I thought there was suppose to be an in game valentines quest. Where is that at?

DeletedUser8428

No. This is an in-forum contest created and delivered by the support/moderating team. It is not in-game and requires no work to participate. Participation is not mandatory. If visiting the forum and participating is too taxing, feel free to opt out.

DeletedUser

Ready to get started.

- - - Updated - - -

ready to get started

DeletedUser8861

Mackenzie, we have a way of tracking if a player changes their answers...so we do not consider any answer that has been edited...

DeletedUser15750

The answer to Anthony Edward's first movie is wrong. It was BIG ZAPPER in 1973 (bit part). Just check IMDB.

DeletedUser2145

The answer to Anthony Edward's first movie is wrong. It was BIG ZAPPER in 1973 (bit part). Just check IMDB.

I enjoyed this question…I do have an disclaimer in my research…I was looking for Fast Times at Ridgemont High as the answer to What was Anthony Edwards first movie….only to find out after we started the contest that he actually as a child appeared in Big Zapper, so I am also giving the prize to the person who named this as the first movie.

Thank you for noting that thought. :)

DeletedUser14653

since you guys delete the tread from the day before once the winners are chosen, there is no way to look back and see if people are being chosen only from the 1st couple pages, certain types of answers, etc. can you please either leave the threads up, but locked for at least one day? I'd like to see more about these winners

DeletedUser2145

The threads aren't deleted, they're simply moved to the Contests Archive area to remove any confusion, it appears multiple threads who all start with a similar name are causing trouble with navigation/finding the right one. You can find all threads in that area.

DeletedUser9681

You said there would be a day that everyone will win. When will that be?

DeletedUser2145

You said there would be a day that everyone will win. When will that be?

Today's thread:
Valentine’s Contest - February 10 - (Tenth day) –

"Short people need love too! We are thinking of two movie actors famous for being/playing short or really tiny. Name one of the two and win a prize! One guess per player, but every correct answer wins!"

We will not be giving info on the next day's prizes or questions, you can find out what they are and the prizes when the threads are posted.

DeletedUser9393

Won a large forge point package. Much appreciated. Thanks!

But darn ! Just as I saw the light (Think Meg Ryan) the contest was over.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.