• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Valentines Event 2015 - Feedback

• Thread starter DeletedUser1084
  • Start date

DeletedUser3877

Can anyone tell me how much happiness the Eternal Tree of Love gives in PME? I have it on beta, but I'm in PE there (it gives about 1,000 happiness in PE).

The quests are pointless & the rewards are ok :huh: But I look forward to the Robin portrait at the end :DThe avatars make it worth it!!

DeletedUser15042

It's something added to the game so it gives more playability. I received diamonds on both of my worlds today, so not to bad!!

DeletedUser

The prizes aren't that great. It would be better if we got something a little better than 2k gold

DeletedUser16911

Only two days into the game, and of course Robin asks me to recruit new military units right after I finish recruiting berserkers and sell my mercenary barracks. *sigh* I can't expend all the resources it'd take to rebuild the barracks AND recruit 2-4 more units, just to get maybe five brick (when I already have a brickworks) and a relatively small amount of coins (not nearly enough to make up for how much I spent building and recruiting!). Just trying to earn the next prize would be like taking a penalty.
Kind of bummed to be out of the game so early on! :/

DeletedUser10806

I may be misreading you, but surely you just need to have a fight, lose a couple of units and then recruit 2 more?

DeletedUser16911

@Romawi: I don't fight. :/ No heart for it and no good at it. I would surely lose more than just two units if I did. (Many of my units are ones I won in the Treasure Hunt, so...irreplaceable.) The only "fighting" I do is city defense, otherwise I wouldn't have military units at all.
Based on comments above about what the other prizes are, it looks like I'm not missing much anyway, I suppose. It would have been nice to have the tree but I doubt I would have made it that far, and I'm not interested in a new avatar.

DeletedUser3556

Or you could just delete the berserker and then make him again, twice over to finish the quest.

DeletedUser1862

For me, the issue is time. Just got the 'recruit units' quest, and because I only have ~1 hour every day, this one task is going to take 5 days (1 to build the barracks and 1 for each build unit).
Hoping there isn't too much time wasted for the rest of it, or I might not be able to finish the quest line, and I've been looking forward to letting the Sheriff (too often the good guy wins by default) win this round since the theme was announced.

DeletedUser10806

Deleting units and rebuilding works just fine.

Don't give up on the event just yet, I've picked up 120 diamonds across 5 worlds which I'll put to an expansion. Extrapolating up I should get 800 or so in total over 14 days. Not to be sniffed at!

Plus a nice pink tree at the end (and a pony)

DeletedUser14822

if we cannot complete an event early can we skip it and continue story?

DeletedUser2145

No. In order to continue with the story you must complete the previous quests to move on with the next ones.

DeletedUser

it would be absolutely sweet if not a diamond building then a diamond mine. At least this way, everyone would have an opportunity to have diamonds. Make it happen!!!

DeletedUser10806

it would be absolutely sweet if not a diamond building then a diamond mine. At least this way, everyone would have an opportunity to have diamonds. Make it happen!!!
Snowball's chance in Hell.
How could the game survive with people generating their own diamonds!
These events do generate diamonds for the player who chooses not to buy them.
I've got 200 so far over 5 worlds

I do wish that the quests involved in the events could be a little more varied but love the fact that they're free to play with free stuff as rewards.

DeletedUser2145

The whole point of diamonds is for those who purchase them to have them, otherwise there would be another resource just for paying customers. And there already are ways to earn free diamonds, though obviously not in the amount that payment would earn you.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser9924

After a couple of days of the event, I find it boring and then some. For the quests it wants done, and the payment in return for such quests, it plain out sucks buttermilk! Not worth the time for me to put any effort into - Looks like you dropped the ball on this one. But I'm just one person

DeletedUser3877

I have gotten over 100 diamonds between the worlds I play!! It's crazy...I've NEVER got diamonds from random rewards that fast before. They must have changed the "random" settings some.

Over all, I'm a happy player :)

DeletedUser15459

Rewards are disappointing. All I get is a couple thousand in gold or production. It has not been worth doing so far. It is like the treasure hunt. It is painful to try to advance all the way through only to get another unattached unit. It seems like that is all I get. I liked the Winter event where you could get special buildings, forge points or blue prints.

DeletedUser8152

Valentines is usually (well, in my small experience) not a 'big payout' event, it's just supposed to be for fun. If the quests and story aren't interesting to you, there's no big reason to do them. There is a prize at the end but nothing you can't live without.