• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Valentines Event 2015 - Feedback

• Thread starter DeletedUser1084
  • Start date

DeletedUser11609

So, I've noticed that the random rewards in a BA town, are not random at all. I assume this was a planned thing, but aren't you kind of punishing new players with that? And don't you consider it a bit misleading, to say the rewards are random, when they aren't? Even though it's in a single age?

DeletedUser11874

Rewards are disappointing. All I get is a couple thousand in gold or production. It has not been worth doing so far. It is like the treasure hunt. It is painful to try to advance all the way through only to get another unattached unit. It seems like that is all I get. I liked the Winter event where you could get special buildings, forge points or blue prints.

Personally, I like to take part in all of the Forge of Empires Events because of the unique Portrait's that can be acquired.

DeletedUser17027

event disappoints

Please tell us what you think of the Valentines Event 2015!

was looking foreward to it after 1st robin then sherriff, robin asks search new sect i already had the nest 3 sect opened and will take days to complete all other quest pinned to finish robins quest with no avoid option
the event will probable be over before i get may chances
small hope neighbors are making trades so i can buy my way through

DeletedUser9433

So, I've noticed that the random rewards in a BA town, are not random at all. I assume this was a planned thing, but aren't you kind of punishing new players with that? And don't you consider it a bit misleading, to say the rewards are random, when they aren't? Even though it's in a single age?

You can't tell at all if they aren't random or not, your sample size is much too small.

DeletedUser9433

5 towns, each giving the IDENTICAL item for each quest is too small a sample size? Think much?

I believe I think more than you perform math. Yes it is too small a sample. Unless you are saying that every quest so far has given you the identical reward each and every day in all 5 worlds, then I just don't believe you.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser11609

I believe I think more than you perform math. Yes it is too small a sample. Unless you are saying that every quest so far has given you the identical reward each and every day in all 5 worlds, then I just don't believe you.

Don't really care what you believe, that is exactly the case. Each quest has provided the same EXACT reward. Starting with stone, then dye, and ending with a medium forge pack on the last quest. The quest that requires you to pay 1k coin, rewards 100 coin.
The 3 cities that I actually play regularly and are more advanced have all payed out randomly, and all have payed out diamonds at least once.

DeletedUser9433

Don't really care what you believe, that is exactly the case. Each quest has provided the same EXACT reward. Starting with stone, then dye, and ending with a medium forge pack on the last quest. The quest that requires you to pay 1k coin, rewards 100 coin.
The 3 cities that I actually play regularly and are more advanced have all payed out randomly, and all have payed out diamonds at least once.

Are you aware this thread is discussing the Valentine Event? I just figured out you are talking about other quests unrelated to this event. See why we didn't agree?

DeletedUser11609

Are you aware this thread is discussing the Valentine Event? I just figured out you are talking about other quests unrelated to this event. See why we didn't agree?

The Valentines event is what I'm discussing, I have no idea what you are discussing.....

DeletedUser11609

And today is the day the BA players receive 20 diamonds......:laugh:

DeletedUser15042

Not that I mind, but in both of my worlds I have finished the quest each day and have received the same exact prize in both worlds on each day. Luckily 1 day was 20 diamonds for each world, so no complaints there!! Just not very random.

I like the event. Anything free is always welcome.

DeletedUser16326

I really appreciate the added interest to the game

--I doubt I would put the tree in my city, unless the area came with it. I see it as kind of a way to get us to expend valuable area, kind of a gimmick.
BUT I do like the enhanced gaming that this has brought, so TY for that.

DeletedUser10076

This is taking entirely too long. Either give us filler quests like in the past or allow us to finish it more quickly thank you.

DeletedUser11396

Valetines Day Event Review

Please tell us what you think of the Valentines Event 2015!

The new format of rewards is very depressing and at best NOT RANDOM giving players almost no control over the rewards they wish to obtain unlike previous events, also the variety of rewards isn't present speaking I am just a few from finishing the event and all I have seen is rewards I can acquire rather easily so unless this tree of love has lightning shooting from it I give this event a firm thumbs down...

Last edited by a moderator:

DawnLight the Just

How come I can't win a second Tree o' Love? I don't want to upgrade my first one, I like the 2x2 area it fits into, and if I upgraded it, I would have to find an alternate location in my 'land's at a premium' city. Why can't I have a second Tree o' Love? I need another 2x2 decoration.

DeletedUser2145

Because that is how the event works. If you already have the building, you upgrade it. If you don't have it, you get it.

DeletedUser16815

For some reason I was thinking that if I sell my existing Tree of Love, then I would receive the upgraded Tree of Love. WRONG!!! I received the same Tree of Love!!! It appears that I could've sold a $4 Obelisk to get the upgrade. Is that it?

DeletedUser12367

For some reason I was thinking that if I sell my existing Tree of Love, then I would receive the upgraded Tree of Love. WRONG!!! I received the same Tree of Love!!! It appears that I could've sold a $4 Obelisk to get the upgrade. Is that it?

Yes we were badly misled by the game developers ... lucky you at least got your same tree back. Mine was downgraded!

It is now clear that the devs don't count items in your inventory as things you own (crazy, right?). Truly disappointing. The events are my favorite part of FoE and I was excited by the prospect of earning an Eternal ToL.

DawnLight the Just

So if I sell my Tree o' Love, I will get back the same Tree o' Love and can finish the event? Because I can't finish the event without selling my current Tree o' Love.