• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Valentines Event 2015 - Feedback

• Thread starter DeletedUser1084
  • Start date

DeletedUser8152

So if I sell my Tree o' Love, I will get back the same Tree o' Love and can finish the event? Because I can't finish the event without selling my current Tree o' Love.
Just read what your quest actually says. The wording is accurate. If it says to sell your tree of love to get a great tree of love, then that's what you should do. If it says to sell a decoration to get a tree of love, then you should sell an obelisk.

---
If you're worried, take a screenshot of the quest text first... if it does something different from what it says, I'm certain that support will make it good.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3556

Yes we were badly misled by the game developers ... lucky you at least got your same tree back. Mine was downgraded!

It is now clear that the devs don't count items in your inventory as things you own (crazy, right?). Truly disappointing. The events are my favorite part of FoE and I was excited by the prospect of earning an Eternal ToL.

The text for this years valentines event chain was extremely clear. They even added a reminder ahead of time to place the building (tree of love/great tree of love) from your inventory in your town. If you didn't follow the instructions and didn't get the upgraded building as a result then that's on you for not reading whats provided to you.

DeletedUser6163

I wasn't disappointed only because prior Vday events have set our expectations. The first year we got a 2x2 pink tree. The second year you sell the 2x2 tree to get the 3x2 pink tree that has a pond - and you also get nifty avatars and option to choose your own ending to the questline. So for the third year it was pretty expected to get an upgrade of the 3x2 tree to a 3x3 - and boy does that thing stand out in my Ccity. It's as tall as the Habitat :blink: Plus we got nifty portraits again and the option to choose the ending/which portraits we received. Pretty standard FoE at this point. I enjoyed the event more for the break from the monotony of resetting productions than for the rewards - although all the extra goods/supplies/coins/diamonds are always appreciated.

DeletedUser7398

Must Build it in your city and then sell it

For some reason I was thinking that if I sell my existing Tree of Love, then I would receive the upgraded Tree of Love. WRONG!!! I received the same Tree of Love!!! It appears that I could've sold a $4 Obelisk to get the upgrade. Is that it?
When you delete something from your inventory, that is not the same as selling something. If you first build the tree you have in inventory and then sell it you should get the upgraded version. The great advantage space wise is that it is a decoration and does not need a road, yet it provides excellent amount of happiness for your city. If you have a tree of love and want another you may not be able to get one, but try to sell an obelisk first and see what happens. Look me up and let me know if you try.

DeletedUser10554

VD game was good, had some good returns for the player, me. Well done yall..

Thanks
1pep

DeletedUser

I thought the event itself and quests were just fine, but the wording for when it ended could've been clearer. When the official announcement said that the event ends on the 25th, I was under the impression that the 25th was included as part of the run of the event (like when you're told there's some sort of fair/festival that begins on a Friday and ends on a Sunday, the clear assumption is that there's still fair/festival taking place on Sunday and it doesn't actually end when Sunday starts).

Granted, maybe I was the only one who misinterpreted it, or perhaps I should've asked for clarification earlier (or explicitly did the math on 14 days from event start). I just have no recollection of it being made clear anywhere in the announcements or in-game that things needed to be finished before today, as I thought I had through today to stretch into the next age before selling my Tree and wrapping it up.

DeletedUser

did the event already end? i was confused when it ended before i expected, i would have sped up had i thought i was so close to running out of time. i was on the last one to get the portrait and it disappeared :(

DeletedUser8152

The event has ended, yes. Sorry if the timing caught anyone out, that is no good.

DeletedUser6077

I also agree that the event ended on the 25th but early in the day (Eastern) and not the end of the day. I believe this is bad form. Previous events have been more clear on when the event ended.

Cheers - JSchip

DeletedUser8861

We appreciate your concern, and we are sorry the event ended before you expected, however, the event announcement states the event will begin on February 11, and end of February 25th there is no time given, so that could mean 12:01 am on the 25th or any other time throughout the day. We are so sorry if you were unable to fulfill all the quests or finish the event.

DeletedUser

... the event announcement states the event will begin on February 11, and end of February 25th there is no time given, so that could mean 12:01 am on the 25th or any other time throughout the day. We are so sorry if you were unable to fulfill all the quests or finish the event.

So when exactly did it end? I would appreciate a clear answer here.

Saying that the event is going to end on the 25th when the set end time is 12:01 am might technically be true, but that's pretty poor form if that's the actual defense. It skirts much closer to misinformation than honest description of the event. If that was the actual case, you (or they, whomever) could've eliminated any possible confusion by explicitly stating that it ends on the 24th - as would fit typical conventions and tacit understanding in English-speaking cultures (maybe understandings are different in other languages/cultures and something was lost in translation, I don't know).

DeletedUser6077

This is indeed a foul on the part of FOE. I agree in total what bladevesuvan says - When one says you are ending something on the 25th it would imply at the end of the day unless a specific time is given not one minute into that day. A time was not given and so the assumption is the end of the day on the 25th. This is bad form.

DeletedUser2145

From what I can see it ended at 6 pm CET (UTC+1). That would be early in the day for US folks (noon or similar, depending on your location).

It's not the first event where it says it ends on a specific day but the implied time isn't midnight that day, and definitely not midnight for US folks. Apologies for any confusion. For future reference if the event doesn't specify a time or it isn't accompanied with a timer and you need that final day, you can check with support if there is a known end time.

I can't speak for other countries, but over here (not US) when you give a date as a due date it doesn't imply end of that day and further clarification would be required. It may be simply a difference in cultures (or something lost in translation).