• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Valentine's Event 2016 - Feedback

• Thread starter DeletedUser1084
  • Start date

DeletedUser8428

I agree with U there. Why INNO is concerned about ranking makes no sense to me. Especially when they stack the deck for those I call PayPal players. How about working on making the game more exciting.. And where is the much talked about gift function?
There is no 'much talked about' gift function. People ask, they're often referred to the DO NOT SUGGEST LIST posted at the top of the Proposals thread, along with another one tagged as 'Read Before Posting' ... but no one does. If you hate the gift tab, don't look at it.

DeletedUser8420

No gift option. So all those useless objects just sit in inventory...this game is getting a bit boring.

DeletedUser

It will be the case. The quest rewards will be the same random rewards you get from doing the recurring quests once you've finished your age-specific tech-tree quests prior to advancing to the next age. In the end you'll get a useless decoration and an avatar. The only events worth doing are the easter, summer, and perhaps the winter event (though this past year's was lamer than previous years).
This is not the case as this event is awarding diamonds, it seems, quite regularly. This is a strategy game and part of this strategy is having multiple cities. The diamonds are not coming out in all ages so having cities in various ages produces different rewards. It seems that not all awards favor the more advanced cities ;)

DeletedUser

Done fair to good. Didn't spend a lot of time nor resources. Won up to 160 Diamonds with three worlds.
So far I'm up to 180 diamonds. I stopped in three worlds because I didn't want to progress on the tree but still moving forward in four other cities. I don't really want to change my production times either but I think blacksmiths will save the day there :)

DeletedUser10415

This is not the case as this event is awarding diamonds, it seems, quite regularly. This is a strategy game and part of this strategy is having multiple cities. The diamonds are not coming out in all ages so having cities in various ages produces different rewards. It seems that not all awards favor the more advanced cities ;)

A strategy game? Really? I'd never have known. :rolleyes:

I have multiple cities, and 6 out of 7 of them are for wishing wells and the Chateau, to be used on events where I know I'm getting diamonds because I can see them as a quest reward. The map gets harder as one progresses, and researches take more FP and other resources the higher up the tree one progresses. So I only do events that really pay out in my diamond-mine cities. And with researches costing 100+ FP and hundreds of high-era goods in my Future Era primary city - the same. That's my strategy, m'kay?

P.S. The recurring quests I spoke of can award diamonds. Perhaps you have not progressed far enough in the game to know what they are.

Last edited by a moderator:

Algona

It occurs to me they could have added some significance to the triumphal arch as a reward by setting something up in the finale'. Maybe allowing a player to sell arch for a great tree of love. Selling the Arch OR the Tree of Love would earn u that better reward. Just a thought. :)

I love this idea. Good stuff, caveman.

random data point, 1 City, I've hit diamonds 3 times.

DeletedUser

Cleopatra seems permanently stuck on the questline that asks you to finish all 6 cycles in a production building. Other than that I would like to get this one out of the way and get to the Leap year event! Yes I have a help request in. it is like Cleo is just permanently in one phase.

DeletedUser8152

Cleopatra seems permanently stuck on the questline that asks you to finish all 6 cycles in a production building. Other than that I would like to get this one out of the way and get to the Leap year event! Yes I have a help request in. it is like Cleo is just permanently in one phase.
Did you have miss a cycle and the quest isn't completing? Or did you complete the quest and then get it back again? I finished this quest without any trouble.

DeletedUser24459

I had to collect the one hour production twice before she accepted it...

DeletedUser13452

My quest for this task also completed with no problems. I'm guessing that you have missed one of the options, like jaelis said.

DeletedUser23123

All 3 world are done. Can they make a chainsaw decos. Need woods to keep houses warm.

DeletedUser24940

I started playing during the last winter event so every event since then has been a huge disappointment majority of the quests end up costing me more to do than the reward for doing them I didn't even finish MLK event because of it but the storyline is cool. I will have to wait till I'm finished to see if it was worth my time. That being said who can complain about free stuff thank you for trying to come up with concepts that are entertaining and engaging.

DeletedUser24774

I also started playing during the winter (2015) event. While I've enjoyed the special events so far (if only for something "new" to do - as the recent ones do seem to cost more than the rewards), I think these events are too close together. If you look at the timing of the winter, MLK, Valentine, Leap Year, and Easter events - that puts a lot of artificial pressure on a player's continent map. I'm in a place right now where I'm concentrating on building up my GBs, and I'm running out of era map space. I don't want to push too far ahead on the map while I'm leveling. So, my plan now is to skip the leap year event so that I still have map space for Easter. Kind of would like that Reno kit, though! :)

DeletedUser6490

the reno kit is the best reward in my option , it is the only prize that is worth trying for

barney001

I got a second Tree of Love. The quest did not register that I had a Tree of Love already and issued me a second, not an upgrade.